Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
REQUEST: Namingway

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I am a dirty, dirty triple-poster... but what's your professional opinion on this? I made a few slight alterations to make it look more like the image in the OP. I am great at nitpicking details, but really bad at making things that are actually new. I couldn't have made the first sprite to save my life, let alone any sprite that comes from any other angle.

Is this something you think you could work with? Please feel free to tweak it as you see necessary.

[Image: NamingwayTeaser2_zpsbvvsdauc.png]

Grrrr... it looks like its blurring the colors when i stretch it on the forum. If you download the image you should be able to see pixel by pixel.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
hey that looks pretty good!  yea i can work with that.  I'll update as we go so i can tweak sides and back to your liking.  I hear ya on the angry eyes..  makes him look more badass though Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
that's not bad at all Aaron I'm impressed

I think yours looks good too Badass

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Mental-Break
[Image: 3Hd7CJm.png]

sorry taking awhile, been busy wid fam n work.  Will finish eventually brother.  (his walking needs slight tweak still...  just showing its still a wip.

not sure if you wanted a tail in the back so lemme kno bout that as well.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Badass for this post:
  • B-Run (07-20-2016)

Status
Obliviscence
(07-20-2016, 01:30 PM)Badass Wrote: [Image: 3Hd7CJm.png]

sorry taking awhile, been busy wid fam n work.  Will finish eventually brother.  (his walking needs slight tweak still...  just showing its still a wip.

not sure if you wanted a tail in the back so lemme kno bout that as well.

Looks good. On the fence about the tail, it should be easy enough to edit out later, I want to see it on the side-view first.

Maybe make the few pixels just below the hood blue, as the little neckerchief thing should be all the way around his neck.

No worries on timing. I've got a ton I'm working on, and this can get slipped in anytime with minimal effort.

Thanks!
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
[Image: TlDA6T0.png]

hows that side view?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Badass for this post:
  • B-Run (08-02-2016)

Status
Obliviscence
Oh, I like that. Tail definitely stays. I'm going to do a round of tweaks and get back to you.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Ok, here's what I came up with.

[Image: sprite001_zpsatqun07c.png]

I caved and decided on using the browns for his boots, going above 12 colors, but he's strictly NPC anyway. I also wanted to make his neckerchief less pronounced in the front so it didn't dominate the robe and undershirt. I also made his back sprite look like you are looking at the back of his ears. Then did some tweaking on back and side sprites. Tested it all out in a ROM, looks pretty solid so far.

If you can get me good walking sprites + whatever else you want to include after that I'd be very appreciative. Head tilts down/side are always really tough for me so those would be a priority, but if you are ready to be done with this after the walking sprites I'll manage from there.

Thank you so much! This is turning out great!
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
hey that looks pretty good..  u are a decent spriter man!

almost complete and added your tweaks..  i need one more walking pose to complete npc..  and did you want head nodding?  if I had an extra pink the shading would look more clean.. but this will have to do with limitations  Kungfu! .. 

[Image: D6JaGqG.png]
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Thank you for the compliment! If you are around you should check out my stream tonight at 9:30pm EST. I might do some spriting there. I'm not super artistic, but I'm extremely picky and have a good eye. I just can't do stuff that's really different. I could probably use some tips for Cirrus, I decided to punish myself and give him palette 3.

If you can pull off the nods and the head turned to the side sprites it would be a godsend.
  Find