Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Updated to version 1.11:

Map Mishap (Leet Sketcher) (to version 1.6)
Multiple Events Fix (Leet Sketcher) (to version 1.7)
Phoenix Chest (Leet Sketcher) (to version 1.2)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Updated to unnoficial v1.12!

Quoting C.V. Reynolods:

Added:
Trigger Happy (Leet Sketcher)
Walk This Way (Leet Sketcher)

Updated:
Shadow's Status (to version 1.2, which uses no free space)
Phoenix Chest (to version 1.3)
Dead in the Air (Leet Sketcher) (to version 2.3)
Morph Mayhem (Leet Sketcher) (to version 1.2)
Multiple Events (Leet Sketcher) (to version 1.9)

Removed:
Fancy Walking (because it's redundant with Walk This Way applied)
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-24-2017)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
Just a heads up, but Reynolds put out an update for headered and non-headered versions of this mega-bugfix patch on the 28th of December, 2017. I'll link to both.

Unheadered (for the 1.0 ROM). http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....7#msg25417

Headered (for the 1.0 ROM). http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....9#msg25419
  Find

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Robo Jesus for this post:
  • madsiur (01-01-2018), SSJ Rick (01-02-2018)

Status
Tissue-aware
Updated to unnoficial v1.13! (Thanks to Robo Jesus)

From now on compilation will have headered and unheadered versions of script fix and bug fix patches.

Quoting C.V. Reynolds:

Added (again): Soul Saved B (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.3)

Updated: Banon Riding (Leet Sketcher) (to version 1.5)
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (01-02-2018)

Status
Tissue-aware
Updated to unnoficial 1.14!

Quoting C.V. Reynolds:

Updated:

Dead in the Air (Leet Sketcher) (version 2.4)
Soul Saved (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.4)
Stone Cold (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.2) (appropriate compatibility patches used, too)

Added (again):

Stone Cold (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.3 now)
Addendum patches for Stone Cold (Invert Damage if Undead and Carve Stone)

Note to the people mentioning in other forums that our mirror is not up-to-date: You are partially right but also wrong and exaggerating and you don't take the context in account: I receive no notice when a new version comes out, I need to visit Slick Forums to know and I don't do this daily. When I see it has been updated there I update it here so our mirror might be not sync for a few days and longer it was not sync with the current release is probably 10 days. I also don't officially have the task to update the mirror, someone else is supposed to take care of it but that is for me to fix. Finally, sometimes I will see the patch is updated but got 65 536 other things to do this day (like going to school at 7am and coming back at 10pm) so there might be a 2-3 days gap before I actually update it.

Same shit would happen if it was hosted on RHDN or anywhere else unless C.V. Reynold is the one updating it. One thing you could do though to fix this and actually help the community you're in is sending me a pm that the patch has been updated if you're the type of person that visit Slick Forums everyday. TBH that's perfectly cool but sometimes I can be 7 days without visiting it same goes for RHDN, NG+, etc. You should be glad we have a up-to-date mirror (that isn't for a short period of time when a new release comes out) when Slick goes down for approximately a month like it happened recently.
  Find

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • PowerPanda (02-25-2018), Robo Jesus (02-25-2018)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Thanks for all that you do, Madsiur. Though it seems to me that we should just convince C.V.Reynolds to join us here and post updates himself.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-25-2018, 06:54 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Though it seems to me that we should just convince C.V.Reynolds to join us here and post updates himself.

I'm the one who went forward in the first place and asked if we could host a copy... I would find a bit inappropriate to ask him to maintain it here but it would be ideal yes. We have forum attachments so it wouldn't be a problem. I'm however not the type to ask directly people to join the forum outside posting links from here and giving a bit of visibility for the site on social medias.

I know I might have sound rude in my last post and it was not my intention. The person who made this comment was not rude either and his intentions were probably not bad. People are used to get things instantly on the web so it's easy to forget there is a context and other factors like real life priorities or an order of priorities in the ROM hacking / site maintenance tasks.
  Find

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (02-26-2018), SSJ Rick (02-26-2018)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Hello. :3 Yes, this is the same C. V. Reynolds that Frankensteined this compilation. I'm self-convinced now, so here I am. ;P

I have a new version of the bug-fix patch now. I wasn't able to upload to SlickProductions with it down. I'll see about uploading it here. Can I make a new topic for the purpose?

As for the script fix, I have new plans for it. I'll be giving it a huge update soon. I'll probably keep the old version around in case someone doesn't like the new changes, though.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • madsiur (09-27-2018), Vanya (10-04-2018)

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-27-2018, 01:17 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: I have a new version of the bug-fix patch now. I wasn't able to upload to SlickProductions with it down. I'll see about uploading it here. Can I make a new topic for the purpose?

If you plan on updating it here in the future as well as on Slick Forums, you can make a new thread in this sub-forum and I'll remove this one, or you can attach your new version in a post in this thread and I'll update the original post. It's up to you.. Also, Welcome!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Welcome, C.V.Reynolds. You are semi-legendary around here.

Do you have any versions of your patch that only affect the battle system, but leave the maps and events alone? Right now, because of the way maps are compressed, map edits are incompatible with each other. I'd love to include everything else you did though, rather than applying all of these by hand.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find