Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rank the FFVI skills in order of preference

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Most Bushido isn't that useful anyways:

Dispatch is low power, basically anyone else can out damage it somehow.

Retort is situational, and unless Cyan's alone or something, you can generally get 2 Dispatches off in time, which usually deals more damage.

Slash is not great, Mog's Cave In alone is just as good, and any instant death attack beats halving+seizure.

Quadra Slam is too low power, runs off Vigor, and doesn't ignore defense. It usually does about as much as Dispatch, but with four times as waiting.

Empowerer is alright, but HP drain isn't all that useful, and Osmose has enough power to get full MP anyways. It can also be eclipsed with strange setups like Genji Glove+Drainer+Soul Sabre, or X-Magic+Drain+Osmose.

Stunner is kind of useful, but level 6 is when wait times become somewhat unbearable. As it's Stop effect isn't even guaranteed, Noiseblaster is often a better way to incapacitate an enemy party, and if there's only one enemy, you might as well just use Stop.

Quadra Slice does good damage, but because that's all it does, it can be beaten by all the turns you waste charging to level 7, unless you're fighting a Cactuar or something, in which case there are other ways to beat enemy evasion/defense that are more efficient.

Cleave has the highest accuracy of any standard instant death attack, but generally X-Zone or Air Anchor is better.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I knew I was getting into deep trouble, but damn.

Anyway, to my defense, I'd say early Bushido is great, it does outdamage most that's not other Blitzes or Shurikens, not to mention you can do that in the back row with no ill effects. It pierces defense (not that there are many though guys) and can't be avoided, which can be useful. Doesn't waste MP either, but this is already common in most special attacks yes.
Most of the time, I minimize the time my team wastes by imputting their commands first, and letting the bar charge while spell animation unfolds. Doesn't save a lot, but it helps.
I can most definitely see it worse than most "good" skills, though. I guess I dig those sounds and animations Bushido has.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
@Cecil188: I mostly agree, but I suspect Beyond Chaos might be skewing your opinion on Quadra Slam a little, since IIRC most enemies in Beyond Chaos have higher defense. I still agree it's bad, but I think it's better than you are giving it credit for (to be fair though, I haven't played vanilla at a high enough level to learn that attack for a while).

@Kugawattan: I agree that early Bushido is okay, but only for the brief period of time where Dispatch is relevant. After that it drops off sharply. Note that I rated Bushido middle of the road in my rankings, not especially low. That's exactly because of the sounds and animations you mentioned. I didn't rate it very high either because I find the move poorly designed, since it discourages using the higher level attacks that should be cool and awesome.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
With no real thought except what I consider best/favorite to most useless:

X-Magic
Mimic
Rage (hello love token)
Runic
Tools
Blitz
Steal/Capture
Morph
Jump
Throw
Dance
Lore
GP Rain
Control
SwdTech
Slot
Shock
Health
Sketch
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This list is ranked purely out of neatness / warm-fuzzies.

Tools
SwdTech
Dance
Rage
Throw
Runic
Health
Shock
Blitz
Morph
Steal/Capture
X-Magic
Slot
Lore
Mimic
Jump
GP Rain
Sketch
Control

"The Mind that lies fallow but a single Day, sprouts up in Follies that are only to be killed by a constant and assiduous Culture."
- Joseph Addison, "The Spectator"  Confused
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Time required to gain the spells of a command and external factors heavily affects my judge:

Steal
Capture  // because when i steal i don't wanna risk to kill the target
Tools
X-Magic
Item     // it wasn't mentioned in the OP
Throw
Mimic    // all what's below Mimic is kinda relative
Morph
Dance    // actually just some them, like the one with Sun Bath among the spells
Health   // the judge is bounded to the period in which it's used in vanilla
Jump     // only if combined with Dragon Horn
Lore
Shock
Magitek  // it wasn't mentioned in the OP
Slot
GP Rain
Row      // it wasn't mentioned in the OP 
Blitz
SwdTech
Runic
Defense  // it wasn't mentioned in the OP
Control
Sketch
Rage     // due to vanilla's way to get them

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find