Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stamina in HP Growth Calculation

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(05-08-2016, 05:55 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: To make (Stamina * Level / 4), couldn't you just take Madsiur's patch and make the HP growth table value match the level the character has?

If the HP table is 10 at level 10, is it just like making Stamina * Level / 4?

Or is there something I'm missing (which wouldn't surprise me)?

You are correct, but that still makes Stamina affect growth, not state. I.e. raising Stamina in the later levels doesn't cause you to retroactively gain the HP you would have gotten with the same Stamina in the earlier levels, nor does it allow you to temporarily gain HP from equipping Stamina-boosting equipment.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
A small issue I found on this formula is that, upon recruitment, characters only have enough hp their HP Growth table gives without taking in count the stamina.
This can be remedied with the early characters by adjusting the "Initial HP", but characters past Gau will most likely have a dwarfed HP because the initial HP you can give them though usME only goes to 255. Is there something than can be done about this?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-05-2016, 09:04 PM)Madsiur Wrote: By adding a LSR in the ASM file (where the 5 LSR are toward the end), you can make the divisor 64 instead of 32. By removing one, you make it 16.

Comment a LSR. This will make the characters double their HP gain. You'll need to roughly cut in two (or less) the FF3usME HP growth values.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Oh, awesome! That way, the HP they gain through the HP growth chart is bigger, without changing the overall hp gained through level up!

50*6/16 = 18,75
50*12/32 = 18,75

It seems more ideal than /64, since tripling the hp growth chart means that characters recruited at level 90 (don't do this) have 15k hp lol

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Charmed
Double post of doom, or as I like to call it, Doompost

What happens if you level up currently welding equipment that raises stamina? Would this means you get a bigger hp boost than you would without it? If so...uh oh. This can be bad...

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
prolly.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-30-2016, 05:12 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: Would this means you get a bigger hp boost than you would without it? If so...uh oh. This can be bad...

Yes. Stamina is stamina regardless if the value is from an equipment boost or not. What you could do is having low boost equipment as an example.
  Find

Status
Charmed
That is unfortunate, but I think I can make do with no items that boost stamina. I wish I could make weapons raise defense instead of stamina! Lel

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-30-2016, 07:26 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: I wish I could make weapons raise defense instead of stamina! Lel

That could probably be done although it doesn't make sense (but what does in a fantasy crossover RPG Tongue). Adding a stamina boost in FF3usME would boost defense instead. I'll look into that sometime later in the week.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Well, there are weapons that maybe have a thick, wide blade, those could be used as a pseudo-shield. Then there are others that are just magical enough they "repel" some of the blows thrown at you. But yeah that would be awesome.