Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Imperial Soldier sprite request

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
I'm looking for something to replace the soldier sprite with, preferably closer to the in-game portrait of Vicks and Wedge:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fina...0421210156

I always thought that helmet looked so cool.

Maybe someone can whip up a sprite that looks more like the original artwork?

Also, I d'led the sprites 2015 pack available on the site, it's a real treat. In the preview folder there was this elite knight which was really awesome, but unfortunately no spritesheet. Shame...

Edit: oh, btw - I'm looking for a NPC sprite replacement, not monster sprite. Guess I posted this in the wrong place. Sweat
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Check the Soldier link in this thread, it's designed off of the artwork:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=3137

While these sprites (by James White) were created and intended for Madsiur's hack (FF6 Enhanced), it seems as though Madsiur is okay with them being used by the public.

Also, link to Elite Knight:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ite+Knight

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-29-2016, 12:04 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: While these sprites (by James White) were created and intended for Madsiur's hack (FF6 Enhanced), it seems as though Madsiur is okay with them being used by the public.

I mainly offered James to make them public to show his work on his DeviantArt or other platform, not for everyone to use in their hack. My hack is still a thing, and while nothing stops you from importing the spritesheet in FF3usME, I don't want people using them for a public hack. I guess the fair use here would be using them for a personal hack that only you and no one else will play.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Thanks Gi Nattak! Those are exactly what I wanted.

(04-29-2016, 12:13 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I guess the fair use here would be using them for a personal hack that only you and no one else will play.

Aye, that's my intention. FF6 Enhanced looks very interesting, I'd like to see it someday.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-29-2016, 12:13 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 12:04 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: While these sprites (by James White) were created and intended for Madsiur's hack (FF6 Enhanced), it seems as though Madsiur is okay with them being used by the public.

I mainly offered James to make them public to show his work on his DeviantArt or other platform, not for everyone to use in their hack.

Ah, I see I see. Hmm, well then I think that James's thread should be erased if the intent is for people not to use them, I understand putting them on Deviant Art but here people could find and use them in their hacks, and if you wouldn't want this happening I'd suggest we prevent that by erasing that thread. Unless, like you said here you're okay with people using them but not for a public hack, which I'm sure most would respect but you can't be sure.

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-29-2016, 01:01 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: [...] well then I think that James's thread should be erased if the intent is for people not to use them, I understand putting them on Deviant Art but here people could find and use them in their hacks, and if you wouldn't want this happening I'd suggest we prevent that by erasing that thread.

You point is logic and I have nothing against it. James theory was that they would get stolen easily on his DeviantArt. I also never suggested to make a thread here but did not cared that much after he made it. My idea was more in a portfolio optic than "releasing them for public use".

Anyone using these for a public hack (even with credit) should be called a hacking leech and should be send to the  romhacking Gulag. If it happens with a user here, he will be send to the ff6hacking Gulag , which is far worst than the romhacking one because you live in black and white and will meet people like russian spammers, @Scream, @"Fresh Prince", @GirlyThing, @"Trap Nation" and @jinnoripperroo.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i have alot of downloads on stuff on deviant art. i trust the people here not 2 steal.. its ultimately up to madsiur i will take the thread down if its his wish

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
hahaha!! i love this gulag thing!  Laugh
Still i thought it was possible to meet even Z_eemis in FF6hacking Gulag...

At this point shouldn't be better to put a list in this site(maybe in a sticky thread, or something) in which they are listed all stuff that shouldn't be
used for a public hack? (inside this site)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-30-2016, 09:37 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: At this point shouldn't be better to put a list in this site(maybe in a sticky thread, or something) in which they are listed all stuff that shouldn't be
used for a public hack?

I deleted the thread for now.

Your idea is good. You just made me realize also maybe we could have a general hacking members only sub-forum (as an example private for those with 5 or more posts) where people could drop stuff from their hacks to get input without showing it to the rest of the internet... I trust most people here, meaning I know 95% of members respect other people work but I trust less the general guest (no offense to guests reading this).
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
ok no worries. i only wanted to show it off cause its about all iv done here for awhile

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess