Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I feel like I should follow Return of the Dark Sorcerer's stead and make one of these. Those of you who have played (or want to play) my hack, ask away at anything you want to know about this!
Note that if your question is related to bug fixes or related, ask in the main thread, thanks!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I have not played the demo..

Q: How do you manage to make such a high number of crossovers something that makes a story that make sense (or not?).

Q: What would you say to purists and crossover haters (like some people commenting about RotDS)?
  Find

Status
Charmed
A1: It's actually not as difficult as it sounds. I take a character, see their interests and match them with other characters without caring on who. Maybe after the bond is done I take their quirks and appearance into account. Being quite a fan of crossovers myself (and before hacking, as a GModder I'm virtually animating what could be considered a gigantic crossover), so, I don't know, it feels too natural for me to take characters from different games and smash them together.

A2: "The title of the hack says "Crossover", if you don't like this why the hell are you even here?" is the only thing it comes to my mind, really. I've had haters on my videos before. As long as there are people who appreciate my effort once in a while (and I can enjoy the hack myself), it's all that matters.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Do you intend to change up the music in this hack?

So far, what has been the most challenging aspect of creating this hack?

Were there any characters you wanted to put in the hack that didn't make it in due to some reason?

Status
Charmed
A1: I wish I could! I have zero experience in composing and even less making it compatible with the ROM. I at least intended replacing the character themes that no longer exist (Locke, etc). I got Battle on the Big Bridge but that's about it.

A2: Oddly, right now I don't specifically remember any major roadblock I've hit (well, not counting those where you guys have helped). But I've been stumped a lot. For example, making my first custom event took way longer than necessary, mostly because I didn't know where to start. I remember studying xJCSx1's Event editing tutorials (and somehow understanding his blazing fast speech) until I finally could understand what the ship was I doing. Understanding subroutines wasn't easy, either. Extending the Narshe battlefield to include Shadow wasn't too difficult, but tedious. Most of the time it wouldn't work because a subroutine didn't point at the right code, or my rom was slighty corrupted.

A3: Certainly. Way after deciding the cast, I remembered I wanted to include a character from Legend of Legalia (most likely Noa), but I already had no feasible way to put her in without breaking anything. Also, back when I had Coco replacing Celes, I wanted N. Gin replacing Cid, but after the change with Tella I decided to go with someone related to her. N. Gin is my favourite Crash B character so I was sad to see him go. I also wanted to fit Kumatora from Mother 3 somewhere, but not only I had no space, I didn't also have any ability that fit her (though I could have found some).

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Q: How do you cope with the curse? Has it been alright with you recently?

Q: How many time from now on do you think you will need to complete your hack?

Q: Is your hack going to be based on new game events or mostly tweaked dialogues with original scenes?
  Find

Status
Charmed
A1: It has been quite fine actually! The Expanding Narshe battlefield I managed to pull without the soldiers at the bottom glitching or anything. Ever since I started the clean ROM I've not had any issues I've not been able to pinpoint.

A2: That depends on how much can I work with it. With studies taking away a great deal ot time I'd otherwise spend hacking, I can't say an exact date, but honestly I wouldn't expect even the first completed pre-alpha in two or three years...

A3: So far I have planned to have at least the World of Balance going through the same events with new twists (at the opera house, the owner of the airship accepts a ride if the performance is good and stuff). I may (if I get any good ideas) change some of the flow of certain events, but nothing like CoV levels.
The world of Ruin on the other hand I did want to make slighty more linear, I'll give you that, but that's only if I get enough experience to get there.