Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Misc updates thread

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Tush adds or removes headers. That's it.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Yeah, short simple and directly to the point, Tush = add/remove header.

It's nothing special, was just the first one I came across back when I started that done the job and I have a fondness for stuff without bells and whistles sometimes. Just threw it in the list because it exist and does a job. The other two were of the most note.

Another limited use program I'm fond of is: Color Quantizer

The website description doesn't really say anything about it, one of those user reviews is pretty good. The version shown in the link is newer than what I use, but I can't promiss its the newest.

I like it for several reasons, quick simple easy, no install can run off a thumb drive, and some other stuff.

Good for quickly amd cleanly knocking a png down to a limited number of colors and does a cleaner job of it than I could do in Gimp (maybe with the proper settings and addons Gimp could do it but yeah this was faster). I also use it alot to fix PNGs that mistakenly turned into True Color files instead of 15 color palette, all quick like.

Also comes with a sizable list of filters for adjusting size of an image, with some other settings on the side of those filters. Over my head to find perfect settings but there was usually a very noticable difference between different filters and settings, with enough research, could probably make some really clean resizing shots.

I know I came across it while looking into better ways to resize images, but the color count seemed to be the biggest use I have for it lately. Have even used it a time or two to fix images back to indexed limited palette after MSPaint, then opened them in GraphicsGale or Gimp because it was faster.

Think it does actual editing too, but never tried, to many easier options in that department.

Eitherway, not sure if its already known of or not but its pretty nice and quick when you have need of it.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I added new utilities to the Tool page:

1) Updated FFVI Explore to version 0.4a. New features / bugfixes:

Added limited audio (.AKB) file wrap/unwrap support.
* AKB files with Ogg Vorbis content are unwrapped normally as an .ogg file.
* AKB files with ADPCM content are unwrapped as a .vox file, with an accompanying .txt file containing necessary extra info.
* OGG files are wrapped normally into an .akb file.
* VOX files are currently unsupported for wrapping.
Added intelligent internal path detection for creating patches from a "Modding Mode" installation.
Added ability to select an internal path from a list.
Improved file detection for cases where a file with the same extension, but wrong content, is provided.
Fixed bug causing self-applying patch progress bars to appear behind other windows.
Fixed bug causing incorrect entry count reporting for Patches in some cases.

2) Added Lunar Expand 1.14 (rom expander)
3) Added Floating IPS 1.31 (superior patching utility, see details here)
4) Added Color Quantizer 0.704 (general image editing utility, details here)

I also reorganized slightly the Utility page with more categories and more awful colors Tongue
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I added links in the utility page for the C2FF6D (de)compressor and $7E5000 disassembly (under FF6 misc sub-section). Now edit those goddamn opening credits Kungfu!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I added SilentEnigma's FF3 SNES patches website to the external links page and reorganized the page to make it more readable.
  Find