Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Requesting 'Generic' Sprites

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
[Image: 11Bvo0s.jpg]

I recently thought it would be nice to switch up some of those generic NPCs if possible (children, old peoples, male, female...) and since both the hack's main graphic artist/spriters (Poco Loco and JamesWhite) are currently unable to, I thought it couldn't hurt to post this in the hopes that one of the site's few other talented spriters might be interested in doing one, or two of these - the main issue of doing this in my case, is it'd have to be made with RotDS's palettes in total consideration, and also be able to work on more than one of the palettes since I use different palette swap NPC in various places... Mainly palettes: 0, 1, 2 (sometimes) 4, 6. So if it could be made to look good/alright on multiple palette like that, that would be great. Alternatively, if anyone would want to just make generic sprites from the vanilla palettes, I might be able to recolor them or get lucky to where they would work in my game. Basically I'd like 3 palettes looking good on any 1 sprite. I realize this is a lot to ask of a sprite color swap, and still have the quality there...

Thanks to Kugawattan I've already have a good generic male replacement, so no real need for that one anymore, but any others would be most welcomed! 
I'd really like for any of these to make it into this next version of RotDS which is for the most part ready, or at least in a few days, but would be willing to push that back should anyone show interest in helping out soon. If not, well they'd for sure find a home in the hack later, or other people might find generic sprites useful as well.

As for RotDS palettes, I can post up the female here in palettes 0-6 to use and as a good example of what I'm talking about in terms of palette sharing, in order to see and work with them and the other generics:

0) [Image: QtlPHT2.png]

1) [Image: 8FSGSN7.png]

2) [Image: MQ20EVU.png] 

3) [Image: w6EH220.png]

4) [Image: LX38Mki.png]

5) [Image: HlWoQ5y.png]

6) [Image: Axu6yeD.png]

Ideally, I'd like to see the female, old man, old lady, little boy, little girl, and perhaps the shop owner/boat guy done anew. As for ideas on changing them to, I'm not sure at all! Just different and palette friendly...

Anyways, thanks for listening to my request, oh wise and talented spriter folk!

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
[Image: QZOdLOd.png]

little girl from CT slightly custom.  Let me know if its not working on ur palette and I can fix.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Badass for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (03-25-2016)

Status
Nattak\'d
Oh yes I'm definitely feeling this one. This would work for the little girl, shorter would be appreciated if possible. Good looking out man! Non need for portraits, though, unless you'd like to include them for the purpose of completion or what evs.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but for the little boy one thing I thought might be a good change is something along the lines of Secret of Mana, with like a coonskin cap, which can be seen here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/40853/
Just a thought.

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i will help out sorry i been away.. damn steam lol will try to do u at least 1 this weekend

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Nattak\'d
Right on James, that sounds real good. Smile And no prob.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
mike you're stealing James' time for the site sprites. Kappa!

Edit: He offered it and you made a nice wanted pic so I won't tell my parents.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
(03-25-2016, 02:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Oh yes I'm definitely feeling this one. This would work for the little girl, shorter would be appreciated if possible. Good looking out man! Non need for portraits, though, unless you'd like to include them for the purpose of completion or what evs.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but for the little boy one thing I thought might be a good change is something along the lines of Secret of Mana, with like a coonskin cap, which can be seen here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/40853/
Just a thought.

I forgot about that little [racist comment] guy.  Let me know if you are missing any later and I'll try to help out when I got free time.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(03-28-2016, 01:54 PM)Badass Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 02:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Oh yes I'm definitely feeling this one. This would work for the little girl, shorter would be appreciated if possible. Good looking out man! Non need for portraits, though, unless you'd like to include them for the purpose of completion or what evs.

Just a thought.

I forgot about that little [racist comment] guy.  Let me know if you are missing any later and I'll try to help out when I got free time.

Many thanks Badass, the girl came out really nice and works/looks actually better on my palettes than the previous one! [racist comment] hat boy sounds like a go, I'd appreciate it whenever you can do.

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Old guy sprite [Image: generic_old_man_ffvi_styled_sprite_by_ku...9x08yk.png] (updated side view thanks to Badass)
Tested on a vanilla rom and it should be compatible with the first four palettes.
What do you think?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kugawattan for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (03-29-2016)

Status
Nattak\'d
Hey very nice, I like him! Works pretty darn good with my palettes as well.
I also love how his hands are behind his back, old man-like indeed.
The side view perhaps could use something to make it look better, but I wouldn't be able to offer any suggestion. I just know bald sprites are tough in that regard.