Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Expansion Editor (FF6ExpED)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
This editor allow 4 drops and steal items per monster as well as editing % of chance of dropping/stealing each. An expanded FF3us 1.0 ROM is required. Rage and sketch data expansion are also considered. Later this small editor will be merged with FF6EME that allow expansion of monsters which is 60% completed, as far as editing and adding monster goes.

Refer to readme for all info. This is beta but it's working, there's a few things to fix but nothing feature breaking to my knowledge. Feedback is welcome. It is designed to handle ExHiRom offsets but it only has been tested with data and code in the $Fx banks.

Current version: 0.2

Download

Source (uncommented): https://github.com/madsiur/FF6ExpED

Version 0.2 should work (and has been tested) with the following setups:

1) Clean expanded ROM
2) Expanded ROM with Multi-Steal Fix
3) Expanded ROM with Multi-Steal Fix then applying the 0.1.1 expansion
4) Expanded ROM with 0.1.1 expansion
5) Expanded ROM with 0.1.1 expansion then Multi-Steal Fix applied

I spent a great deal of time testing all possible steal scenario but I changed the code so much than redoing all steal scenarios for the 5 setup mentioned above everytime ended up being a total chore. I'm not sure if in the end I tested everything a final time after the last edit.

What will not work:
Doing the 0.2 expansion then applying the Multi-Steal Fix Hit

I will update the source code and make a disassembly of the changes this weekend. For now, the readme has been updated.

[Image: RJ25rrK.png]

[Image: WsRYaXp.png] [Image: iSvUPIZ.png]
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Badass (03-14-2016), DrakeyC (03-14-2016), Gi Nattak (03-14-2016), ReturnerScum (03-16-2016), Robo Jesus (10-05-2016)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Hey this is pretty f**k**g sweet right here! A very nice utility indeed, good job sir. It's very user-friendly.

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
If I may offer a suggestion for a future utility, though it isn't related to items - expanding the Sketch and/or Rage options similarly, to allow more than two attacks and change the odds of each attack happening. Presuming that's possible to do, I don't know.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Wow, this is cool. Item drops by default are very inflexible, this allows so much more to be done.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Personally just for the percentage alone this is a worthwile editor. Great job.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Tissue-aware
Thanks guys!

Edit: I'll add more functionalities. As for steal, I'm thinking about optionally allowing a modification to the steal formula, to change how a successful steal is calculated. From a successful steal, four items could be won for a total of 100%, like the drops. I'm gonna need 2 extra bytes of RAM because contrary to the drops, stolen items are stored in RAM at beginning of battle. @DrakeyC also gave me the idea of doing the same for rages and sketch and I'll most likely do it, though I can't remember if there are rage data or not XD

The original post made my number of thanks crossing the 200... I feel like DiCaprio winning the Oscar over the bear!

Edit2: I can't test it at the moment, but there's probably a bug with having a 256/256 drop with the other three at 0/256, though it would be a very unlikely setting. In this case the program would try to fit 0x100 on one byte and could crash. The closest example, having two first drop at 0/256 and third one at 255/256 would do the following, which is fine:

Code:
CMP #$00   ; branch if minus 0 (never)
BCC drop1
CMP #$00   ; branch if minus 0 (never)
BCC drop2
CMP #$FF   ; branch if minus 0xFF (255/256)
BCC drop3
; if we reach this point it's drop 4 (0xFF only, 1/256)

; Another example with all drops at 25%
CMP #$40   ; branch if minus 64 (0x00 to 0x3F, 25%)
BCC drop1
CMP #$80   ; branch if minus 64 (0x40 to 0x7F, 128 - 64, 25%)
BCC drop2
CMP #$C0   ; branch if minus 64 (0x80 to 0xBF, 192 - 128, 25%)
BCC drop3
; if we reach this point it's drop 4 (0xC0 to 0xFF only,  25%)
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
If you're doing this same thing with Steal, will we need Imzogelmo's Multi-Steal Fix to make it work? 'cause the Extended Ability Names has variations taking into account that patch and I want to make sure.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-15-2016, 03:56 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: If you're doing this same thing with Steal, will we need Imzogelmo's Multi-Steal Fix to make it work? 'cause the Extended Ability Names has variations taking into account that patch and I want to make sure.

Thanks fro bringing up that point. I will look closer at this fix code. Three things can happen and one will not happen:

1) I need to modify code in the same code range(s) as the fix: Multi-steal fix will be taken into account and applied when confirming the steal expansion in configuration.
2) My coding does not affect the fix: The patch will not be included in expansion.
3) My code and fix are independent but the fix doesn't work with my code: I will adapt the fix and it will be applied during expansion.

In all case, I will take into account people who applied the fix previously when coding.

What will not happen:

Include the fix given it is independent of my code and works with it just for the reason it improves something that is related to my hack (steal ability).
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I updated to version 0.1.1.

I just fixed the bug created by possible 100% total on all first three levels. Now if you want 3 drops, you must set drop 1,2 or 3 to 0% but drop 4 will always have a % since drop 1,2 and 3 added together cannot be higher than 255/256. Of course the possibility of having 4 non-zero drop chances and putting an $FF (nothing) item or more can work as well.

I also disabled the backup feature as it was creating backups at the root of the drive the utility was on instead of the utility folder. I Also updated the source and readme.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 0.2 (Beta) is up! You can now edit stealable items! Details in the readme and first post.
  Find