Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Better bank C2 disassembly

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Great work, Mr. Numbers and Magno. 

Thanks for sharing such valuable documents.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
What a worthless post. In no way 13375K37CH3R or magno say they reinvent anything. 13375K37CH3R document covers in a more precise and correct way what is not covered in assassins' document. If you're not happy in having two documents to work with, just combine the two and you'll have a full C2 disassembly. Even assassin said somewhere else it was good work. Second magno doesn't say his work is fully commented but "fully labeled", there's a difference. He also states he commented HIS changes, not the whole disassembly.
  Find

Status
Zombie
I completely agree, my last post was pretty worthless, and I forgot to mention how valuable such well formated documents will be to the site. I'll definitly try harder in all future post to only say things that are actually relevant.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
While I do understand and respect your opinion to a certain extent, to me this would fall under a "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" kind of scenario. I'm not too sure what your hoping to accomplish by blasting their work on C2.

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-23-2016, 03:32 PM)Catone Wrote: but I also see them both as unfinished to a degree that it is still a step back from the old documents. Maybe that's the reason it bugs me to such an extent.

Maybe you should see the documents as complementary to each others, what they really are and not documents where the author is claiming to have a complete document on it own.

(03-23-2016, 03:32 PM)Catone Wrote: Just for the record, while it wasn't directly stated as "fully commented" in this thread, it has been described as such many times.

I'd like to see those references you talk about.
  Find

Status
Zombie
... okay I really don't have anything else proper to say on this one.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-23-2016, 04:08 PM)Catone Wrote: I have to ask though, without comments, with routines streamlind and consolidated, while it should be an improvement over the original code, how do you do anything with it after its compiled? About as effective as traveling Europe with a map drawn in 1890 I'd think. Things being moved and such.

The point of an .asm file is to modify stuff before you compile it, not after.

(03-23-2016, 04:08 PM)Catone Wrote: I would also prove its been called "fully commented" more than once, but the shout box records don't go back that far. You (Madsiur) have stated "fully commented but in spanish" more than once, more specifically the date I downloaded it myself. Don't have my drive or I'd check the date. The point being if it was never called fully commented then how did you get the idea it was?

I did use that term, I had a look to the file and saw it was commented in many area. I probably used the wrong term but it's not a reason for you to dropping in the thread and insinuating the authors stated that and being negative about the thread document AND magno's work, ranting about both and mixing stuff. Also, please define "fully commented" as opposed to "mostly commented", "commented" and "partially commented" when speaking about a 52 000 lines document? You're personalizing the debate now, insinuating I'm the one responsible of the impression you get (and therefore everyone get?) .

You're a negative person and probably always be, you should really work on that and try to stick to constructive criticism. Fake quoting stuff like "the C2 document everybody uses is full of errors so I made a better one.", stating "Presented as though its a reinvention of THE wheel, acting like THE inventor of the wheel," when you have nothing to back up that claim, sarcasm as "ground breaking, world changing document" is nothing constructive.

At least you're aware you sound like an ass sometime but it's not a reason to sound like one when you feel like it. You'll probably also always miss the obvious big picture that both C2 disassemblies go together and that the Spanish relocatable $C3 file should be used with the "fully commented" one. All that because you want to stick to your biased opinion.
  Find

Status
Zombie
My most sincere apologies for being an idiot. Your absolutely correct, I just have a hatred toward anybody that shares their work be it revolutionary or complete junk alike because I'm an as*h**e.

I'll go back and remove all of my blind and moronic post to fit a more public opinion friendly manner. Again, please forgive me, specifically the authors of the documents in question, for ever insinuating that your work was anything less than absolute perfection that everyone who's ever hacked a game should look up to and strive to achive.

Lastly, I didn't point the figure at you Madsiur for saying it was fully commented, the key point in that statement was the part about "how did you get the idea that it was". Meaning, if even you had come to the conclusion that it was fully commented, then there was in fact information out there that would lead someone other than yourself to believe the same thing.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
To be honest i think that only a psycho would be able to comment each line of a whole bank so i'll never assume something like that might ever happen.
Still one hero would be a guy who spends his time to collect all the comments found in all the C2 dissassembly available until now(adding the spanish one we have now 4 different bank C2 disassembly sources), verify their correctness and merge all the comments in one single file to share with everybody  Tongue

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Constructive criticism is welcome but not sounding like an ass. You're just now pushing yourself in your own sarcasm hole, regardless if you changed your post. I stated why I used the term "fully documented" and said it was a misuse.
  Find