Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Wiki Discussion

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-06-2016, 03:22 PM)m06 Wrote: so I replied:
me: "Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! We all do our share of lurking Smile, keep up the good work."

Veteran hackers have lurking quotas here. That made me think, I never got an email response from Imzogelmo concerning hosting the event dump... I guess I'll ask again.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
Let me just say it here publicly:

If any of my stuff is of interest to anyone in the community, feel free to copy it, host it, improve upon it, etc. Just make sure it doesn't become more closed in the process (closed in the sense of closed-source).

In fact, with my patches, if anyone wants to host those and/or improve upon them, feel free to do so. All I really ask is that you send me an email with an attachment so I can be up to date as well. Imzogelmo at gmail dot com.

If I can find it, I'll even release the source code that generates the event dump. It's based off Yousei's event code dumper, but his was buggy as all get out and I tried my best to improve on it. Later, Novalia Spirit contributed a lot of corrections and updates too, some of which alas I may have lost in the intervening years. Anyway, anything I can do to advance the cause, I'm willing to contribute.

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Imzogelmo for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (02-02-2017), Lockirby2 (05-06-2016), m06 (05-07-2016), madsiur (03-17-2017), SSJ Rick (02-07-2017)

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-06-2016, 08:48 PM)Imzogelmo Wrote: If I can find it, I'll even release the source code that generates the event dump. It's based off Yousei's event code dumper, but his was buggy as all get out and I tried my best to improve on it. Later,  Novalia Spirit contributed a lot of corrections and updates too, some of which alas I may have lost in the intervening years. Anyway, anything I can do to advance the cause, I'm willing to contribute.

So you mean the version on Lord J website is not the one which can generate the event dump in the state we know it? I got a version on my PC, pretty sure I've found it on Lord J website. I've been wanting to add a command such as typing "disasemble $F37600 $F37800" would produce at $200 bytes event dump. This could be handy for large scale projects that make use of expanded banks (or other ROM free space) for events. In any case, if you got a more-up-to-date version and find it, I'll gladly take it.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
Um, no, LordJ's and mine are sibling branches off Yousei's original. The output on my web site is from my version. Lord J's version is closer to the original, but it also added a hex-only output option. My version is actually a bit more accurate with tracking of which script you're actually in, and it has some hard-coded address lookups where script starts in a different context (without which you'll consistently get incorrect results).

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've updated Dokuwiki to the latest version ("Elenor of Tsort"). I've also updated all plugins that needed to. Let me know if you see anything weird or if you have problems navigating or using the wiki. At first glance everything seems to be right at its place and functioning though. :D
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
There was a discussion on Slick Forum to start a patches allocation document. I gave the idea of the Slick wiki so each patch creator can contribute. Soon I'll document all my bugfix patches there but I also started a similar page on our wiki, to the difference that I want to include not only bugfixes but all customization patches as well. This may not be suitable for heavy patches like the Font Selector, work that is a relocatable ASM file only or deprecated patches like some early ff6hacking.com patches. However, a lot of patches could be listed.

If you want to list your patches, feel free to do so. If you want to list patches not from you, you're more than welcome!

First draft: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:patchmap
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
A patches document is a good idea. For code patches, perhaps we should have a code repository of some sort.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-01-2017, 02:51 PM)seibaby Wrote: A patches document is a good idea. For code patches, perhaps we should have a code repository of some sort.

That is a good idea. While I think an extra column is not necessary, the patch name could be a wiki internal link to a "patch X page" instead of a link to a forum thread. You could put on that page whatever info about the patch, including code.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've just uploaded the wiki engine to newest version (Feb 2017). It's the first update since last major version (2016). I also updated many plugins, including the Gallery one, which seems to display all images and run without lagging the browser now. I also did a user purge of ghost accounts or / and people who will likely never edit the wiki. We are now down to 48 users. If your user got deleted and you want it back, I can't, just do another one and jump aboard editing / creating wiki pages!

(05-06-2016, 08:48 PM)Imzogelmo Wrote: If I can find it, I'll even release the source code that generates the event dump. It's based off Yousei's event code dumper, but his was buggy as all get out and I tried my best to improve on it. Later, Novalia Spirit contributed a lot of corrections and updates too, some of which alas I may have lost in the intervening years.

Necroquote: I improved Lord J source (based on Yousei) to disassemble custom event block(s) as follow:

eventdisassem.exe -dt rom.smc -o 310000 F18000 // disassemble the F1/0000-F1/7FFF block.

It works but I realized after there's a significant amount of work to put the disassembler on par with your version. I could do the job by comparing the missing instructions with the dump but I rather implement in your source only the improvement I had in mind.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Since last update, wiki page were freezing randomly. I find out the discussion plugin was probably causing this so I removed it. If you still encounter this problem on the wiki, please notice me. I'll re-enable the discussion plugin once it is compatible with latest release. It was not really used anyway so it's not a big deal. This thread should be used as the main way to discuss the wiki since wiki pages discussion have been removed.

Second subject, if you have question, resource or new elements ideas for the Hacking FAQ, I will gladly add them. This thread should be seen as an entry point for people new to ROM hacking or FF6 documentation and code. This is the reason I also added a link to the FAQ on the Navigation menu on portal and index pages.
  Find