Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Better Ignore Defense Patch?

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 47
Status
None
Hi all has anyone seen the thread on this forum where an author discusses his improved ignore defense hack?  I can't find it and it seemed really cool, where it ignored only a % of the defense based on the difference of battle power and armor, or something like that.

Thanks for any help
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You will have a better search result using quotation marks in the search page (search for "ignore defense"). This will get you about 10 thread, with probably 4-5 possible ones where this was discussed. Dunno if BNW has a diferent implementation, but I'm not going through 300 posts (likely displaying 50 per page and using the browser search will speed up things).

Alternatively, maybe it was dicussed mnrogar's den or or Slick forums?
  Find

Status
None
Thanks I did try the quotes. It was such a cool patch that I was just wondering if anyone else remembered it.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
BNW didn't do it, but some in the community put out their own "BNW improvement patch" where they changed ignore defense in a similar fashion. I'm not sure if news of it ever made it over here, so I don't know if that's what you're referring to, but here's the link to their thread on ID: http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/in...ce-project

More specifically, from their changelog:
Quote:Piercing attacks modify the defender's Defense or Mg.Def stat according to the below formula:

New Defense = Old Defense – Attacker's Attacking Stat (vigor, magic, or stamina)

Physical attacks reduce defense, magic & stamina attacks reduce mg.def.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • ReturnerScum (02-21-2016)

Status
None
Boom! The world is a better place now. Thanks Synchisi
  Find