Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Misc updates thread

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Since some forum pages are no longer threads I can make an update post on, I create this thread for misc updates concerning the forum that are not bugfixes or which does not pertain to the new year's main update. Comments / suggestions allowed!

01/23/2016

1) Updated FFVI Explore to version 0.3a (Tools page)

From the author comments:

a) improved Archive/Patch tabs so that it doesn't matter whether you drop a gz file or a non-gz file -- it will "just work" based on the Archive Name used
b) Added proper detection to whether the active Patch is dirty or not, so the user isn't asked to save an unchanged patch
c) Fixed bug causing an error in Archive use after a file has been dropped on the Mod Helper

2) Added 4 of the most complete GBA resources webpages (Technical Resources page)

3) Added a link to no$gba debugger* (Tools page)

* One of the most complete free debugger.

Edit: I am no longer posting, this is my 2000th post. My life is full.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I had a dream last night of posting formatted code outside a codeblock so I made a (potentially useless) code tag for short code posting or if you dislike pale blue backgrounds. It uses the same font (Monaco) and font-size as code in codeblock but I'm usure of font-color to distinct it from regular text. This might change...

It goes as follow:

[mono]
LDA $C31816,X
STA $E8
NOP
TAY
[/mono]

Resulting in:

LDA $C31816,X
STA $E8
NOP
TAY

I also added an example to the Custom Mycode examples page as well as an example of the use of the iconfont. For iconfont icons names, you can refer here.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Good news for user. Two config changes worth of mention:

1) Max number of images per post is now 30 (compared to the previous 15).

2) The auto merge period for a post has gone from 48 hours to 24 hours, meaning you'll be able to bump your thread the next day if you want.

I think I have fever.

Edit: Does anyone has a valid link for giangurgolo's web page? Everything on the web points to a no longer valid page: http://home.comcast.net/~giangurgolo/

However, it is archived. I'd like to put his new page in the link section and if he is no longer active, I would host FF6LE and ZoneDoctor latest source codes on the forum.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've added the domain name of a url next to the url if used in a renamed url tag:

[url=http://www.ff6remake.gov.us]FF6 remake[/url]
result: FF6 remake

[url=http://ff6remake.com]FF6 remake[/url]

[url=ftp://sub.sub.ff6remake.com]FF6 remake[/url]

[url=http://127.0.0.1]FF6 remake[/url]

It's an improvment I think, except for images links where it looks abit out of place. I could find a solution for this though. But now, you have no reason to click on a malicious link unentionally. Biger font could also be applied to the domain name or lighter/darker color. I'm a bad judge for those things.

Edit: I had to do a hard refresh to see the new styling (CSS) of the domain names and this everywhere there is renamed links. I'm seriously thinking removing the CSS and Javascript caching on the forum, this stuff is getting annoying.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
1) I removed two general ARM instruction PDFs and added 4 new GBA resources in the Technical Resources page. Among them, FAST6191's romhacking guide 2016 for GBA and NDS. Very complete general document.

2) I added FF6LE Rogue and ZoneDoctor source codes in the Tools page.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I replace the 0.99 beta version of YY-CHR by the 2014 .NET build in the Tools page.

I'm also looking into adding a few more worthy utilities in the page, the result might be a couple more RHDN links or straight hosts from other sites if I sk authors or utilities have a free distribution license.

Among the stuff I'm considering, there is the following. Feel feel to suggest any other relevant / good utilities.

Asar (SNES assembler) <- For the GUI lovers
TilEd 2002 (Tile editor)
SnesTuff (general ROM tool)
Translhextion (Hex Editor)
Crystatile2 (Hex editor)
BRRTool (WAV -> BRR, ripping)
DevKitARM (GBA assembler)
Emulators?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
some decent recording software or means to record ffvi would be cool, i know u can do it via znes

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-05-2016, 02:18 AM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: some decent recording software or means to record ffvi would be cool, i know u can do it via znes

I could look into the best free screen recording program. FFSplit and OBS are both free and can do streaming as well. You can record screens (e.g. snes9x or higan window only) or monitor / portion of monitor. I prefer OBS to FFSlipt. Most of other free screen recording utilities either leave watermarks or have poor options. I could link up OBS.

Edit: Maybe host regular good emulators too that are not debuggers at the same time.

Did your girlfriend answered the phone?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
XD love its multi use
but yeah i think itd be a good thing to add

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-05-2016, 02:25 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Did your girlfriend answered the phone?

Bad joke at your FF Status :/
  Find