Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Site's password reset feature is not working

Status
None
First if this is the wrong place, I apologize as the way to proceed isn't clear to me.

The site doesn't appear to be sending emails, at least pertaining to password resetting and registration. Here is what I have tried:

1. Password reset link on the site multiple times. It says it emailed the link, but no emails are received.
2. Tried in Chrome, Firefox, and IE
3. Tried all 3 browsers again on another computer on an entirely different network
4. Registered this account to post here about the issue as I am locked out of my old account, cdizzle. The account registration succeeded, but I did not receive any email regarding registration and IIRC there is one.
5. Went through password reset procedure on new account, still no email.

My guess is that for whatever reason, the site itself isn't able to successfully send emails for these requests, or perhaps at all.

If I should proceed another way, let me know and I will gladly do so. I have not posted in about a year, but have been heavily pursuing my hack again at home and wanted to share a few things.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Madsuir got me covered. Feel free to delete this thread/lock it/etc.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Thanks for noticing me of this. For anyone else, in the meanwhile I fix this, please send a email to me or Gi Nattak if you need a password recovery.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I think I fixed this. There was a problem with FireStorm's email acting as no-reply email for automatic emails (yahoo.com). I changed this to my email (madsiur@ff6hacking.com) and I received the password recovery email with a test user on my other personal email (gmail based as well).

It would be good to have another confirmation if you happen to use the feature in the future.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (02-13-2016)