Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Ah, right. My bad, sorry. I forgot. Is it hard to do that? I'd imagine it's Hex, aye?

And, what about the palette problem?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I gotta take asleep for a few hourse but ill be back and i gotta read some stuff

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Okay, no worries.

I'm thinking I'll leave the palette stuff for later. Perhaps once I'm ready to dive into the Hex in more depth.

In the meanwhile, where can I edit the data for the effects of Swordtech? Feel dumb not being able to find them. One thread I found here says you can't edit them?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Whew sorry about that, I was about 15 beers deep after watching football.

About changing palettes, Catone said it as good as any there, not sure what I can add except you gotta just search the event dump for them.
Actually, here's a wonderful list of them all by Madsiur:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/co0rb1i20h...e_locs.txt

You just need to go to the address listed, find the byte that is the palette (the command is a 3 byte instruction, the palette being the last byte) , and change it to another.

For Swordtech, those are all in the spell editor, spells 86-92. They will have no name shown (you can name them if you want) so that's why you might have missed them there if you looked. They can be edited just as any other spell, but yes some of the effects they use can only be edited further in C2 with assembly, which is something you can't just learn overnight. Although some of the skills are easy enough to edit a bit with just basic assembly.

Status
None
Okay, I won't worry much about SwdTech then. Is there an easy way to boost the rate of the gauge?

As for the doc, seen it, downloaded it, can't find the addresses. I'll worry about the Hex some other time, after this weekend I'm worn out of it and am working on an item overhaul.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
This patch is the famous speed up the Swdtech gauge: http://slickproductions.org/ff6patch.php...ch%20Gauge.
I found it a bit fast myself, so I wound up lowering it by 25% I think it was. Can't remember how exactly though now. Just lowered or removed one the the increments I'd guess... Most like the fast speed just fine though.

Okay about the palette changing, although I have to say finding the address should be the easy part. Did you set it to view the offset in Hi-ROM in order for the 'C' to show up? The addresses are there in the left column, and you can do a search for the offset easily enough to bring you right to the ones listed in the document there. The only thing I can think of where you might be making it hard on yourself is if you are trying to find the addresses with a header applied on you ROM. Take it off for event editing and searching for addresses just so they match up exactly.

Status
None
How easy is it to enter new weapon sprites?

Also, how do I change which spell casting animation is used? Like, the spell itself I know, I mean the graphic of the character, the white swirls or the red orb.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Editing the actual weapon graphics can be achieved with a graphics editing program/tool such as yy-chr.
The weapon graphics themselves are at 134100, and then some more at around 13DB00.
You will notice they are all in pieces, which makes it pretty difficult to edit them easily. And some pieces are shared with other weapons, so you gotta be careful. You can opt to load a save state that has the weapon graphic currently on the screen and then select the correct palette to make it a bit easier to edit them, at least. Then it all comes down to your ability to sprite in new weapons.

For the Magic intro animation graphic, those are in FF3usME in the Battle Editor section, under Animations 1. You should see them.

Status
None
Okay, but how do I apply them to a spell?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well you can't change them for individual spells like that, all the spells that are black magic, must use the black magic spell intro. All Lore spells, must use the Lore intro, and etc.
In order to have a spell use a different one than another, but still be in the same group, I have no idea how to do that but it would require assembly hacking (the hard stuff).