Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(01-23-2016, 08:05 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Yes. In addition to the Lion armlet and Umaro ones, I've also applied patches for the Doom-Vanish glitch, the Rippler bug, and Psycho Cyan.

I'd definitely start over fresh than. Usually the patches will say in the readme, if there is one, or on the author's site which ROM to apply the patch to (header or not) But with some of the 1st generation older ones, like those, it will not. Patches these days will usually come with options for both, and very good readmes, but years ago this was not the case lol.

And make sure if you do start over fresh to get a clean version 1.0 ROM. I can't remember if you knew that already.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Okay, I'll start over with 1.0.

Once I have that, what do I do for all the Hex stuff? My Hex editor displays nothing like "C3/6198", it's just strings of numbers and letters grouped in pairs. Is there some display setting I'm overlooking, perhaps?

Also, if NSRT says this:

Quote:Error
ROM wasn't found in the database (possible bad dump).
Error
You can try using -fix or -findover to see if the
Error
file has been slightly altered in a rectifiable way.
is it cause for concern?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
The numbers on the left column is the address bar. You won't see the 'C' though as was the example of C3/6198 without putting the Hex Editor in Hi-ROM mode. I'm not sure how to do this or if it even does with HxD, but with WindHex32 you need to Options>Display Offset as>SNES Hi-ROM.

Then you will notice on the bar/section to the very left, that the C will appear there, thus making it that much easier to find the addresses that are listed in various documents.

Using a hex editor at first will look a bit crazy, have you not used one before?
Remember those tutorials I linked you?
Might be worth checking them out first:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2312

They should explain better (maybe not) than I could about hex editing and understanding the editor.
If you have any questions though after checking that out I am happy to answer.

Status
None
I've used one before, sparingly, for Dissidia hacking. But I'm no expert.

What about the ROM error? That was for the 1.0 rom I have, nothing patched or changed.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
What is NSRT? Please refresh my memory.

Status
None
A rom scanner
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ah okay. Well I'm not sure, having never used it. If it's a 100% clean FF3us 1.0 ROM, I'm not sure why it would say that. While I can't link it here, I'd recommend getting the ROM from doperoms. That's the one I know for a fact is a 100% clean v1.0 ROM. Can scan that one and see what it says, and if it says all that again then put that program in the trash. =)

Status
None
I'm on doperoms now. What's the "Final Fantasy III (U) (V1.0) (Bugfix Edition Hack).zip" edition? Is it safe and/or which bugs does it fix? Or do yo know?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I have no idea what that does, other than it might be Dark Mage's improvment patch applied to it, but probably not. It's probably someone's Frankenstein of a bug fix ROM mashing together a bunch of patches. I wouldn't trust it to say the least, and more importantly it's not a clean ROM which is what you really should get in order to start your own project with.

Status
None
Okay, all the patches I'm using other than Umaro and Lion are from this site.

http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/patches.htm

Evade patched fine, everything went fine. Added Rippler, ZSNES says Bad Rom. Went back to Evade-only version and added Umaro, Bad Rom. None of the downloaded patches from anywhere specific if they want headers or not. And when I patched all of them to the rom in a fit of madness, the opening text from Biggs and Wedge glitched and the game froze.

I'm patching one at a time, making back-ups each time. And I don't care if ZSNES says Bad Rom or not - if it can run fine and up to the first fight, I'm calling it good. I'm about ready to collapse from this nightmare.
  Find