Complete FF III Forbidden Game Secrets

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Anybody here besides myself ever own this giant book?: 
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ek17vy8pqx...ecrets.pdf
(will require a somewhat good computer to view it all without lag)

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

I had it as a kid, and enjoyed the unofficial added story elements, as well as the character info and item descriptions. A lot of info is just plain wrong, or stuck in translation it seems like. But it does make for an interesting read looking back, as a fan of the game. The author kind of took a modder's approach to some of the added shit. I used to pretty much worship the book as a kid, until the much better and accurate player's guide came out by Peter Olafson which told of far more real secrets to the game as well as narrating much of the story.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
LOL, the Veldt: A "beastfield" where monsters can "gangbang" with impunity.

Okay, that's one way to put it I guess.

Yeah, its a good read, thanks for posting. Will have to finish this one later.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
This is some funny stuff! I've never heard of this book.

Comments on Chocobo Suit: "Allow the user to connect on a spiritual level with Chocobos. [...] Provide no extra protection against poison."

Aside of the funny description, why mentioning poison protection if it doesn't offers any? I guess the author just needed a filler to get the description to 40 words.

Edit: I think we should host this on the site, though I can't really think of a good page (except a thread, though turning it to a pinned on might do the trick). Maybe we should have a page with misc books / manuals / Hi-definition art (cart labels or custom boxes art as an example) pertaining to FF3us / FF6J / FF6A (U/E/J), a sort of virtual museum.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(01-20-2016, 03:39 PM)Madsiur Wrote: This is some funny stuff! I've never heard of this book.

Comments on Chocobo Suit: "Allow the user to connect on a spiritual level with Chocobos. [...] Provide no extra protection against poison."

Aside of the funny description, why mentioning poison protection if it doesn't offers any? I guess the author just needed a filler to get the description to 40 words.

Edit: I think we should host this on the site, though I can't really think of a good page (except a thread, though turning it to a pinned on might do the trick). Maybe we should have a page with misc books / manuals / Hi-definition art (cart labels or custom boxes art as an example) pertaining to FF3us / FF6J / FF6A (U/E/J), a sort of virtual museum.

Several of the other animal suits that Strago/Relm can wear offer Poison protection, I believe. It's still strange, but it may have been meant to distinguish it from those.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(01-20-2016, 07:11 AM)Catone Wrote: LOL, the Veldt: A "beastfield" where monsters can "gangbang" with impunity.

Okay, that's one way to put it I guess.

Yeah, its a good read, thanks for posting. Will have to finish this one later.

Oh wow, that is hilarious! One big monster orgy. That would be a neat idea to add new monster types at certain points in the game to just the Veldt, like they breed with each other...
(01-20-2016, 03:39 PM)Madsiur Wrote: This is some funny stuff! I've never heard of this book.

Haha that is a good question. Another instance of this books 'wtf factor'. I do love the item descriptions as well. My favorite armor is the 'Laser Armor'. How cool does that sound?

Also, very nice idea! I love looking at various infos and strategy guides quite much, and manuals, posters etc. I'm all for this my friend. I got a pdf here somewhere with the other strategy guide I mentioned, and it's much better and in-color.
FF6 Museum, sounds cool.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.