Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Option one..

[Image: ct-chrono_1.png]

or option 2

[Image: ct-chrono_2.png]

Same palette as the secret of evermore boy I made.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Well this is really good! I specially like the hair, it's really well done.

Next time though, you might wanna export with FF3usME, so we can properly judge the broken sprites Tongue

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 49
Status
Mental-Break
yea I usually upload usme last since I do most of my sprite work with the atma SE first.  (I have trouble spriting with USME Laugh).    Anyways I tried my best trying to emulate his original CT casting sprite.  Kinda hard with the small sprite space given.  Kinda glad this sprite going smoothly though.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
updated* If any poses look don't look right let me know.. I can always revert to a vanilla pose.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Tremendous nitpick time!

Something I don't like in general is having the sword in ready to attack stances. What if he's using an item, or the special command that doesn't require it? He pulls the sword only to stealth it again? Lel
I don't specially like the way he's holding it either, his grip seems too away from his body. Likewise with his weak pose, it looks weird to me, like he has the sword in a weird place to hold it when you're weak.

The in-battle KO could use some work. Try making it look like the arms are resting on the ground maybe?

This one is just a matter of opinion, but I think the surprised and moving the finger could benefit for two mouth pixels.

I don't need to say, with the Godzilla-sized nitpicks like these, the work is precious. Great job.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Mental-Break
(01-11-2016, 11:36 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: Tremendous nitpick time!

Something I don't like in general is having the sword in ready to attack stances.

The in-battle KO could use some work. Try making it look like the arms are resting on the ground maybe?

Hmm for the sword in attack poses, that's just something to keep him looking more like chrono trigger.  I can always upload another version though so others that want him to to see him use claws, spears, or rods.

I'm not too fond of the weakened pose myself though, gonna change to soldier with shadow mix.

Also death pose Ill tweak so it doesn't look like hes just flipped horizontally with eyes closed.

Mouth piece done.  Thanks for input.  Gonna work on these now.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I can agree with several of Kugawattan's "nit-picks".

First the sword on the attack stance, eh it's not my cup of tea. The pose I like, just not so much as an attack stance. Not really a big deal though, it IS Crono. He ways his sword around every chance he gets, so yeah, like it or not it does seem to fit the character a bit. Least that's how I see it.

BUT! The real problem I see with both sword poses, the angle seems a bit off on both battle poses. Not the sword itself, just the angle. Course in the case of battle ready stance, changing the angle would almost require covering his face. Short of that, as Kuga said, the hands do seem to stick out a little to far. Tough choice on how to "fix" it though. Regardless of how you could change it, it would throw something else off.

The weak pose, that might look a little cleaner if the sword was lower (think stuck in ground because he's leaning on it so hard) and added his other hand on top of it. Just an idea though. There IS a reason I don't create sprites.

One other thing that sticks out to me, the center hair piece on the facing forward poses. Maybe a little more shading across the middle to split it. As is, it looks less like Crono's spikey hair and kinda blends into one strip hat type thing. Maybe its just my eyes.

All that being said, still a great job. Several of those poses are absolutely perfect, others could use a little fine tuning. Still great.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
(01-11-2016, 02:28 PM)Catone Wrote: I can agree with several of Kugawattan's "nit-picks".

One other thing that sticks out to me, the center hair piece on the facing forward poses. Maybe a little more shading across the middle to split it. As is, it looks less like Crono's spikey hair and kinda blends into one strip hat type thing. Maybe its just my eyes.

All that being said, still a great job. Several of those poses are absolutely perfect, others could use a little fine tuning. Still great.

I think his hair thing is a problem with the palette.  Since it is sharing with my secret of evermore guy.  Here the same but on a custom palette.  Other than that I put up two different poses in case they don't like the sword.  
[Image: WUr61jc.png]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Well, Chrono is finished, I finished Ayla even though I need to fix her pallete. So the last Chrono Trigger sprite sheet left to do is Marle.
  Find