Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Forum Update Bug Reports / Suggestions Thread

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I didn't see it in the bug list (although I may have missed it), but the "New Posts" page is not updating.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-09-2016, 05:12 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I didn't see it in the bug list (although I may have missed it), but the "New Posts" page is not updating.

This feature has remained untouched from the myBB official upgrade. The database query select threads where last post time >= than your last visit time. It's pretty hard to test since it doesn't account your own posts. The "lastvisit" value is only updated in the DB when you do a logout, so technically login -> new posts made -> logout -> login -> check new posts would not display those new posts. 

Also the last visit value is part of the cookies, but even in case of not updating the cookie you should see same old posts in new post if the last visit value does not update (never doing a logout and closing the browser). I'm not sure what is this cookie behavior or when is it refreshed.
  Find

Status
Double
Okay, that explains it. I haven't logged out in a while. This seems to be the opposite of ID where if you log out and back in you lose all info about new posts.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
In the RSS feed generation page here, the limit in the generated url for the RSS feed is always 15, independently of the limit setup in the limit field. I believe it is a bug.

If i understood correctly, in the actual configuration, the RSS feed only notifies about new threads and it doesn't notifies about replies in threads. In my opinion, It works like a minimalist activity box.

I don't know the technical details of the RSS feed. If it is too much work, please ignore this suggestion.

Is it possible to add more options to the RSS feed? Like, to generate a RSS feed based on specific options, like a customizable activity box in RSS style?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-12-2016, 06:00 AM)HatZen08 Wrote: In the RSS feed generation page here, the limit in the generated url for the RSS feed is always 15, independently of the limit setup in the limit field. I believe it is a bug.

It seems I totally to forgot to update the page while doing the update. >_>

(01-12-2016, 06:00 AM)HatZen08 Wrote: Is it possible to add more options to the RSS feed? Like, to generate a RSS feed based on specific options, like a customizable activity box in RSS style?

I'll see what is possible to do with existing RSS configuration option integrated to MyBB or maybe a 3rd party plugin. Worst case there's the option of manual customization, I'll have to read on that since I know nothing of RSS except what it does in general.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • HatZen08 (01-12-2016)

Status
Tissue-aware
For general information, we have a registration bug so registrations are closed until I fix this. I will work on it today. Thanks to the potential new user who reported this.

There's also Lockirby that can't seems to be able to open spoiler tags, they are working fine for me on Chrome, dunno if it's more a browser issue than an actual problem of the HTML generated by the tag.

And there's also the signature that drips on the pm like it used to do in threads, I need to include the pertaining thread code in the pm page.
  Find

Status
Double
I'm using Chrome as well.

I'm assuming spoiler tags are the same as ID where you just click on them and they open, no strings attached.

I'm also having problems deleting my PMs. My PM space is 98% full right now.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Tissue-aware
Registration bug fixed!!!

(01-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'm assuming spoiler tags are the same as ID where you just click on them and they open, no strings attached.

You need to click on "Click to View":

(01-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'm also having problems deleting my PMs.  My PM space is 98% full right now.

The behavior is if you select pms in inbox and press the delete button, they are sent to the trash can folder. You need to redo the same thing in trash can folder in order to permanently delete them. I just tested this and it works, though I can't see if actual percentage is lowering since I have unlimited pm space.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
On a side note while i had the same problem of Lockirby2, now my trash can is finally empty!  Kungfu!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-23-2016, 06:34 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: On a side note while i had the same problem of Lockirby2, now my trash can is finally empty!  Kungfu!

I still don't understand exactly what the problem was...
  Find