Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Steam Version

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Weird that you can't edit your post in this thread. What happens when you try? It looks like I can edit your post, although I don't want to actually try it because I shouldn't be doing that here. Laugh

Unfortunately Tenka, I'm not entirely sure that we are suited to this task. Knowing a lot about FF6 and how to hack it does not make us encryption experts, even if FF6 files are the ones encrypted. Though who knows, somebody around here may turn out to know a lot on the subject and be able to take CodecX up on his offer (or give us all a long-winded paragraph explaining why we'll never get anywhere).

EDIT: I figured out how to crack the password:
https://xkcd.com/538/

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-18-2015, 07:27 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: why it's not possible to edit posts in this thread? Finger

I edited the forum permission for the "News" forum so registered group can edit their own posts. You can turn back your "hacing" into "hacking". Still can't post thread though Tongue
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-17-2015, 09:52 AM)Beyond69 Wrote: The link is not dead sometimes steam servers go under maintenance and the website becomes unavailable

The expression "dead on" mean it is accurate, not that the link is dead.

(12-18-2015, 10:40 AM)Beyond69 Wrote: The file structure of FF6 probably isn't much different from FFV

This is only assumptions, we can't know until someone crack the blob. I've read somewhere else that FFV (iOS) use binary file format for graphics while FFVI (iOS) use flb file format, so there's chance FFVI (PC) doesn't use the same file formats as FFV (PC).

(12-17-2015, 09:52 AM)Beyond69 Wrote: maybe someone can build a .obb file based on the FFV file structure ?

This would not help in any way. Even with the same file structure, two different games will give two completely different blobs when encrypted. Even if you turn FFV into a binary blob you wouldn't be able to find the data you've identified previously because the goal of a binary blob is to look like one huge garbage binary file.

For that password problem, I would look maybe into the .exe because it might have the password stored somewhere to actually play the game. I don't think a game can get resources and read code directly from a blob without knowing the password but I'm not 100% sure.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Has anyone tried to debug the .exe ?

Beyond69 Wrote:
The link is not dead sometimes steam servers go under maintenance and the website becomes unavailable

The expression "dead on" mean it is accurate, not that the link is dead.

I know i didn´t read the post all the way, that's what happens when posting at 4 in the morning
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Madsiur Wrote:This is only assumptions, we can't know until someone crack the blob. I've read somewhere else that FFV (iOS) use binary file format for graphics while FFVI (iOS) use flb file format, so there's chance FFVI (PC) doesn't use the same file formats as FFV (PC).

It's actually the other way around; FFV stores all of it's graphics and music as FLB, whereas FFVI's stuff is all stored as one gigantic binary blob of file type OBB.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I specified the version I'm talking about. I got all the FF6 iOS resources as flb files. I think the game resources can be decrypted and extracted from the blob. Their format could be headerless flb or flbs with a different header. This is what I was talking about.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Mini
What about looking at something similar to texmod (what they use for Mass Effect modding). Instead of trying to change the files inside of the blob, could there be a program that OVERRIDES the resource call and tells it to pull the information from a different directory? (ie: a 'mod' folder) For example, when the game is trying to load Terra's sprite graphics, could there be an intercepting program that says "No, don't pull from the blob, pull from THIS folder instead."?

Forgive me if I don't make sense. I know pretty much NOTHING about programming. I'm just trying to be helpful and throw ideas around. Sorry if I sound like a NOOBy idiot.

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
It's a round about way of doing it, but it has been done for several more hack resiliant games.

Not ideal though, also requires either active monitoring to intercept every request, or a hacked exe, which Steam is not friendly with.

Not to mention the required understanding of knowing exacly what it should be loading, and is expecting to be loaded. Forgive me if I'm wrong, its been awhile. Not to mention I never took the Mass Effect modding route because it always looked to be more trouble than it was worth.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Mini