Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Steam Version

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware

Well it's official. FF6 will be released on Steam on December 16. Good news for some, bad one for others.

[Image: ff6a.jpg] [Image: ff6b.jpg]

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
How can they do so good on the monsters and Ramah, yet gag a guy with those PCs?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Who would this be bad news for? I'm not going to get it, so I just don't care.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Just one question, when are we gonna hack the sprites?
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
You know, I went poking around in FF5's folder, and I noticed that the graphics appear to be PNG's encrypted with some sort of encryption. I wasn't able to figure out what encryption, but it looks like if it can be solved, hacking the sprites would be pretty easy from there. And it wouldn't surprise me if FF6 was the same way. I'm going to get it on release (it's FF6, I personally don't care what the sprites look like), so I'll see if I can confirm it then.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-08-2015, 09:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Who would this be bad news for? I'm not going to get it, so I just don't care.

Bad news for a lot of people on the internet who were expecting something else, but the main complain is the character sprites.
  Find

Status
None
The sprites are very clearly based on the chibi designs for the characters, which I remember seeing first in Final Fantasy Anthology's instruction manual. It doesn't really fit Final Fantasy 6 (though I didn't have a problem with it in Final Fantasy 5, as it's more light-hearted).

What do you mean? Steam saves all of its game files in (steam folder)/steamapps/Common.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-12-2015, 12:26 AM)DarkPhoenix Wrote: The sprites are very clearly based on the chibi designs for the characters, which I remember seeing first in Final Fantasy Anthology's instruction manual.

This design style is also prsent on the japanese FF4/FF5 game box if I'm not mistaken as well as the FF6 japanese instruction manual.

(12-12-2015, 12:26 AM)DarkPhoenix Wrote: What do you mean? Steam saves all of its game files in (steam folder)/steamapps/Common.

So that cloud saving feature is optional? I've never bough a game on steam so I can only rely on the few thing I've read on the internet.
  Find

Status
None
Madsiur Wrote:So that cloud saving feature is optional? I've never bough a game on steam so I can only rely on the few thing I've read on the internet.

If I've ever used it, I don't know about it. The path I mentioned is where the main game files end up being stored. Square Enix, like many other PC game developers, dump the save files into My Documents.

I did some poking around in the Steam GUI. Cloud saving is an optional feature that's on by default, but can be turned off if you want.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Same here, never use clouds... clouds are bad...

Course I'm also one of those loonies that never let Steam see the internet. Put it in chains behind a burning brick firwall! It's plotting on you I promiss. Never trust Steam either, its a cloud.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find