Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tiny! Mog sprite

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
So, these sprites were born out of the realization that Mog, though incredibly awesome, is a REALLY LARGE Moogle. (if the other games are to be any base of judgment.) SOOOOOO while dusting off a Navi spritesheet that I made a few years ago, I decided to adapt it into a smaller (tres more adorable) moogle sheet.

I'm probably going to put it to use in the Amano!sprite mod I'm working on. Got Locke almost finished up, and Celes is coming along smoothly. Size-appropriate!Mog will be some extra fluff to add to that cake.

Please let me know what ya'll think! I'm usually a franken-spriter, and this is one of my first fully custom sheets. (Navi was the first). Tiny sprites are a pain to detail and animate with 6's assembly, and I'm working in the limitations of the original 11 (usable) colors for palette 5.  ....but I'm learning a bunch in the processes. Cover Pointers are more than welcome!

^_^ Thanks ya'll!

~UPDATED~

[Image: ff-tiny_moogle.png]

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
good start, i also made a new mog so its good to see more mog love out there there's a ton of moggles in ff after all, ill be interested to see how this turns out

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • Rjenyawd (11-27-2015)

Status
Mini
First off, Thank yoooou. Also, you are legit amazing. One of my favorite spriters in the community. Your mini! sprite sheet ALWAYS takes the place of IMP in my personal playthroughs.

Quote:i also made a new mog

How did I miss this?! Where can I check it out? I'm sure it's stellar. Is it floating around the forums somewhere?

Quote:...there's a ton of moggles in ff after all...

Which get's me thinking... has anyone done a Cait Sith sprite? ....that might be phase 2. Confused

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
thanks buddy Smile
its private atm but you can see a teaser in madsiurs tag line, it's for his hack you see.
no i don't believe so so you should go 4 it.. would be hard tho.. what would you do the big moggle he rides or cait himself? cause both would be real tricky

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
looks good so far.. keep it up!
  Find

Status
Mini
Aaaaaand done? Maybe? Possibly? Testing him in-game now.

Let me know what ya'll think~Wink Confused

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I really, really like this. Super cute little Moogle floating around, I'm sold! Great detail for how small it is, you got some skills.
I'm almost tempted to replace my Moogle(s) with him, should he look good in battle - I seem to remember a problem with small sprites in battle where the shadow under them looks weird, or something, maybe not. So what exactly are the 2 poses on the lower left where it looks like he's fishing? Again, nice job.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Mini
^_^ THANK YOU! ^_^

My progress was slowed considerably because I had to stop and squee! every five seconds while I watched him animate in FF3usME. lol

The biggest problem I've had so far (besides the shadow looking a little off, is that in order to get him to animate the way I wanted I had to be very choosey in what tiles I could use. (namely the lower ones in each sprite formation) unfortunatly, this means he doesn't fly quite as high as he needs to in battle. Looks great on the Overworld, but his battle sprite just looks like he's tiny and on the ground. Not a HUGE downfall, but meh.

Also, the 'fishing' sprite is him holding on for dear life while riding a chocobo/magitek/transport of choice. <-- haven't been able to test this one in-game yet, so I'm not sure if the rope looks decent (or is even necessary.) ^_^ Thanks again!!

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Ohhh, I see. I totally blanked that was the riding sprite poses. Very cleaver! Holding on for dear life lol, cracked me up. I hope it works out, would look pretty epic indeed.

Yeah in-battle the tinier sprites do suffer a bit usually in some way, but it is what it is.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Nice, but if you want me to nitpick, I'm going to say I'm not very fond how the ears look from back and front, I don't like how the pixels are + shaped. For me, it kinda looks like it has two stars floating around his head. It might be just me, though.
Good job.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!