Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's the best Final Fantasy VI ROM hack?

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I made this account just to ask this question.

edit: alright then let me be more specific. whats the best hack for ff6 experience enhancement and whats the best hack for a new story?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say that Pony Fantasy VI is the best the community has to offer.
Pony Fantasy

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • ReturnerScum (01-13-2016)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
That's not a very good question without more details on your likes and dislikes. There's no objective answer. Although Nattak was joking, for all we know you're a huge brony and really would like Pony Fantasy VI best, hating everything else for some reason. Please elaborate.

The only thing I know about you is your username so I'll go ahead and recommend Return of the Dark Sorcerer just because it has Dragon Ball references in it. That's about all I can tell you.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Considering you're new to the site, I'll just recommend whatever's on the front page. I've only put any real amount of time into Beyond Chaos, and if you enjoy randomizers, that's among the best you'll find. If you don't, then, well, I've got nothing.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
alright then let me be more specific then. what's the best hack for FF6 experience enhancement and what's the best hack for a new story?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Nah, the best hack in both cases is... the one you made yourself.

On the other hand, if you don't really want to wait 2 or 4 years to play that one, then I agree with Lockirby, to subjective of a question. All depends on your taste, even as far as "enhanced vanilla" hacks go, "enhanced" could mean every random battle is hour long fight for your life, or it could mean all random battles removed and everybody starts at lvl 102.

Beyond those two answers, take Cecil's advice and start trying the stuff listed on the front page. Everything listed there is competent work.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Status
Chicken
I guess the easy answer would be Brave New World for an advanced enhancement of the original game, and Return of the Dark Sorcerer for something that changes the game around more.
I also enjoyed Pony Fantasy 6 not because it ponified everything (Of course I still thought it was cute. Tongue) but because it actually changed the balance around, like making magic special by only allowing 5 characters to use the magic command, (not counting Gogo's replacement.) changing some spells around like making Quarter into Freeze, and Regen into Cure 4, removed the esper level up bonuses, and made the healing items heal by percentage of HP instead of a flat amount. Although Gau's replacement is fun levels of OP, taking away from any semblance of balance there might have been.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to A Dummy for this post:
  • supersaiyan (11-27-2015)

Status
None
Ty dummy. this is the kind of response I was looking for. I should probably mention that it would be my first ever playthrough of ff6 though. I tried playing it once via GBA but I found it way more boring than Golden Sun. I wanna give it a second chance though now that I have an emulating console and I wanna use a hack that would help keep my interest.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Status
Chicken
Yeah, then I would recommend starting with Brave New World if you want a vanilla like experience, but way more in depth.
As that changes nothing about the story besides rewriting some dialogue to be more like the Japanese version, while completely overhauling the game balance.
Probably a good time to try it out too, as the version 1.7 beta came out quite recently.
  Find