Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 MDE Findings

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nice man Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Since I am sure I have to use this and hex editor, I'll post my question here for anybody who could answer it:

How would I go about giving "Shock" the animation for Disaster with a different palette while also turning what it hits to either a zombie, poison, or death.

Also, I want to change the swdtech abilities and I'm sure I'll have to do that with hex editing...where is it located (if you know) and would I be able to change what it does as well?
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
First off, you won't be using a hex editor. Wink

You need "FF6MDE" which stands for Final Fantasy VI Miscellaneous Data Editor. A lot of spells and abilities are tied to one and another, such as Shock and Megahit. Shock is Megahit, in a sense
Open FF6MDE and load 14-byte and look for "Megahit" under Miscellaneous. Open another copy of FF6MDE up and look for Disaster and copy those bytes onto Megahit.
Congratulations, you've now covered the basics of getting an animation working. Smile

A lot of animation creation (or rather modifying since we're not importing our own graphics, just taking bits and pieces from other animations) is touch and feel. I can't teach you how to make the ideal animation for you because this isn't exact math where the outcome will always be the same. This is more similar to fishing, just a little more complex. Over time, you start understanding the bytes just by looking at them. You can tell what each byte is, or rather what that byte is used for.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Mmm, bytes. Makes me hungry OM NOM NOM NOM

But really, Zeemis is completely right. I had to touch and feel to get the animation I have for the Drain spell you saw on my Youtube page. Pretty much what I did was I saved on a Notepad file all the CORRECT bytes for a spell, then basicly tried the spell one byte at a time (Extremely tedious). Once you find the right effect you were looking for, there you go! Just mix and match, and eventually you'll find the right combo you were looking for.

I've worked my ass off to get that single Drain spell to where it is, and I haven't even touched another one yet! Phew!

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Yeah, it is basically trying to play with the skills to see how you can combine them together. And sometimes it doesn't work at all. The process consumes a lot of time.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah, I didn't know that Megahit was Shock. The reason I asked was because I couldn't find Shock or any of the SwdTech skills on FF3usME or MDE... Since now I know what "Shock" is... are there different abilities or attacks that take the place of the Swdtech's? I wanted to change all eight into a different attack but I don't know where to find them.

Thanks for the help! ^_^
  Find

Status
Traitor
Joker Doom and the ones after (all the way up to Pummel, but not pummel just before it) are SwdTech's.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Other2 seems to be mainly graphics like monsters introductions.
Coming out of the water, going into the water, coming in from the sides, etc.
The "Rows" mess up for the caster of the animation, much like the crossbow attack I made.
I'm still studying it.
  Find

Status
None
zeemis i had this program for a long time , but how do you know wich bit means what cause i know how to change attacks in how they look ,but how can i make them????Laugh

Status
Traitor
Got Tek Laser to hit multible people, finally!
Tek Laser is by default:
66 01 78 6B
65 01 33 4E
FF FF FF 10
FF FF

My *working* multible-target version is:
65 01 78 6B
FF FF 00 1B
FF FF 00 10
FF FF

As you can see, I moved the laser animation from the Animation 2 to Animation 1, which I believe gave it priority. Meaning it's not counted as layer two. Animation 2 can't hit multible targets, only Animation 1 from what I found. I also say Layer 2 because animations on "Animation 2" can't be used to hit multiple enemies. It's (in my opinion) counted as a layer two. I also changed the "???" byte to 1B instead of 4E. Since almost all the laser attacks that can hit only one enemy use 1B, I decided to do a test. I changed it up a bit and give the "???" a byte from an animation which hits multible targets. I forget entirely what I used, but I think it was Wind Slash.
  Find