My own rendition of Kain's portrait.
[Image: 226_30_07_15_5_17_12.png]
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
not 2 bad but.. where's his chin? also having dark points in the centre and lighter point on the outskirts looks strange, pick a direction for your light source, i suggest top left and shade accordingly. other then that ur getting much better. its alot better then most ports i see here. if u ever want some pointers u can always ask man Smile

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(08-11-2015, 05:33 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: not 2 bad but.. where's his chin? also having dark points in the centre and lighter point on the outskirts looks strange, pick a direction for your light source, i suggest top left and shade accordingly. other then that ur getting much better. its alot better then most ports i see here. if u ever want some pointers u can always ask man Smile

Dude, tbh this is the first time I have tried doing such a portrait so I have no idea about where the light source should be. As far as my art, it's good, but it's all the color positioning that gets me. Sometimes, I think outside the box. I like how it looks, but I see where you are coming from regarding the shading. Also I need to give him more chin, I don't want to give him a chin to make him look too fat, but I do need to give him a better chin, something more manly.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i would suggest referencing kains iv ports for the chin. top tip with regards to shading if ur unsure place a very light color in the top left and think of this as your light source, here is a basic example for you (it is very basic done in a few minutes) but i think it illustrates what im saying a bit better:
[Image: iSJofNW.png]
the top 2 are copies of some of the shading i see here and the bottom is with a light source
dont get me wrong i know they suck and i would usually use more colors better shading ect but
i think it helps give u an idea of what im talking about. as for the drawing itself yeah its pretty good don't give up i can see u becoming pretty good at this, hope this helps somewhat Smile

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess