Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dissidian Bartz [Edit]

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
So I took one Bartz sprite sheet that I didn't make and decided to 'Dissidian' him up a bit after having 'Dissidian'ed Terra, so they match.

[Image: ff5-bartz.png]

I also did a portrait of him. In case you somehow don't want to use the FFV Advance one for not looking exactly as the Dissidia one.

[Image: ff5-bartz_portrait.png]

I know it's not too accurate as it lacks some accessories he wore, but 1) No room for color and 2) I don't like/can't draw 'em anyway :D

If anyone remembers the name of this sheet's original creator, let me know the name so I can credit him!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Charmed
Updated! I gave him Dissidia-styled hair instead of one similar to his FFV sprite. I'd have done custom poses, but I think they fairly fit Bartz. I may go and do something about it, but my priority about that is so low that... derp

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
The sprite came out great, I really like it!

The portrait I feel could definitely benefit from a darker outline, like black. As James enlightened me about, outlines are really important or they just look so soft, water-colored almost. In fact I'd darken all the colors for that one, the browns... But if that's the look you're going for, right on! It's not bad.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
why not try using vanilla ff6 palettes to make it useable for all? Bartz palette 4 or palette 1,

however! I do plan on making a dancer Farris based on palette 5 with added skin tones
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
I like him! His hair is fun. ^_^

Quote: I do plan on making a dancer Farris based on palette 5 with added skin tones...

...ooooooh. ...my ADD is taking over again; maybe I'll do White Mage Lenna... FFRK already has most of her side facing poses... I could probably do it with a 16-color version of palette 1...

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Status
Charmed
(12-22-2015, 09:22 PM)Zozma Wrote: why not try using vanilla ff6 palettes to make it useable for all? Bartz palette 4 or palette 1

Because it is one of the default palettes that a lot of my characters share in my hack. If I recolored it to a default palette, I wouldn't be able to use it, and that kinda annoys me. Maybe someday I'll try to use a default palette, but only after I've sprited everything I need yet lel

(12-22-2015, 09:22 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: I like him! His hair is fun. ^_^

I know! That hair is cool stuff. Definitely a step up from your average hairdo in the FFV sprite. xD

(12-22-2015, 09:22 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: The portrait I feel could definitely benefit from a darker outline, like black. As James enlightened me about, outlines are really important or they just look so soft, water-colored almost. In fact I'd darken all the colors for that one, the browns... But if that's the look you're going for, right on! It's not bad.

I'm not sure about the outlines, but I darkened the browns and it came much better I must say.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah the portrait definitely improved, nice work. Smile

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Charmed
Guys! I've updated the sprite sheet.
The most important change is the color, as Bartz wears light blue there, and also tried to decorate his torso with one of these weird strings that go from the right shoulder to the belt. Due to palette restrictions though I couldn't stylize his boots to yellow-blue, so I left him with brown boots he has in his IOS sprite.
I also made his cape exponentially better, what do you think?