Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What game(s) except FF3us would/do you like to hack?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-27-2015, 08:11 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: The only thing i miss is being able to build up some decent/nice music starting from zero... besides i dunno which tool should i have to use for it and which music format should i use.

I'm not a musician but I know music is an universe in its own. Get piano lessons and learn your scales, then move on trying doing arrangements with Reason or Cubase. If you want to compose you'll need at least an USB musical keyboard that you can connect to Cubase or other program. But seriously before you get decent and original results, you'll have spent a lot of time learning and composing.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i can play keyboard, guitar and sing. I can also use cubase and sonar however i wouldn't class myself as a games music designer.. things like this is why i say teams is the best way to make games.. even if they're small ones. axiom verge is one of the only exceptions to this rule. Id love to be able to make a game all by myself but i dont have the time to learn every single thing required, therefore i would love to be part of a small team where i can focus solely on the role i excel at, being graphics

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-27-2015, 08:40 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: things like this is why i say teams is the best way to make games.. even if they're small ones.

True. Even with hacks. Just look at Pandora's Box, ROTDS or BNW. They were all the fruit of a group of people, even if in some cases not all members contributed equally. I don't say a single person cannot make a great hack alone, but it's hard to exceed in graphics, music and coding at the same time. It's possible though to make something great alone if the scope of your work is not too large.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
1) Chrono Trigger. It was my first love, and continues to be my favorite. I recently found a old thumbdrive from like 8 years ago that has a bunch of modding tools/information from Kajar labs before they disbanded. ((I was and still am an information hoarder)). Most of it is still available, or obsolete ((looking at YOU Temporal flux version!notworking)) BUT I DO have a sprite viewer that I don't think exists anymore. Or if it does, I don't know where to find it. I played around with it a little, and I figured out how to edit palettes (kind of). Also, it totally shows the tile assembly...which would be amazing...if it were in English, and I knew what to do with it. The entire thing is in Japanese. If anyone would like to have a go with it, shoot me a pm and I'll gladly had it over. I'd sell my first born child for a sprite editor for that game.

2) Chrono Cross would be a blast to break open. That game is in need of a serious directional overhaul. A dialogue editer or texture mapper would be a godsend.

3)Seconding (thirding?) Secret of Mana. That editor needs to be brought into the light of day. and honestly, the entire Mana series as a whole. Legend of mana would be a fun one too, I feel.

4) On a larger scale: I'm working on a series of related mods for various classic rpg's. I've fondly taken to calling it the "Gaymer Project", and is basically a modding version of the genderswap memes you find floating around instagram and tumblr. It started as a funny argument between some friends of mine, which evolved into a sociology debate, and then a funny photoshop opportunity, and finally a full blown modding project that I'm dedicated to finishing. The games involved (in their own standalone mods) are ff4, ff6, Chrono Trigger (maybe), Tactics, and FF7. Been working on them casually for a few years now, but haven't completed anything yet. Out of the bunch, 7 was the most complete until my laptop was stolen, and I lost ALL OF MY FILES. *sigh* sad times indeed. I haven't been able to bring myself back to the Qhimm forums and start back at step one, so instead, I'm here with you bums hacking away at 6. XD

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find