Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Triple post in 25 minutes? really? As an admin, you should show the path Tongue

It's no big deal, I double posted before but still, we should not abuse of our admin powers.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:I suppose now might be a good time to ask, what's with all the unbearable lag in these videos? Both graphically and of course the music. Is that a recording thing I hope? Or is it playing that way? Seems sometimes is much better than others though.
It randomly happens after some time... in my others run it could start to happen after ~40 minutes, but in ROTDS it happens MUCH more frequently Sad
If i don't play with the recorder, then the hack works perfectly... no lag no damned annoying noise that ruins the music... when i reach an important event and so i expect a new music, or the noise is too much i also cut the video and merge more sub-segments in one...
It would be a better experience if played on my own, without the recorder, but i'll keep on and share my videos, in the name of FF6 community!! Objection!

Quote:EDIT: Can edit the event there that removes the guard to be:
If certain event bit is set AND if she is in the party, then he is hidden. If she is not then he is there. Again, seems very strange since they are trying to lure her into the damn place, but ah well. Either that or block the chocobo from walking across bridges or something...or add another block chocobo tile around there.
I like the guard though, he can just be there and according to RPG logic it won't have to make since why he appears and disappears if she is/isn't in the party. Unless you or someone else has another idea, I'm all ears.
2 are the best options... 1) deny chocobo to slip behind the base of the empire;
2) you move the event in the base at the beginning of the cave(just don't make come out from the party leader the other 3 members, since there's no space there)

Quote:...but I do see just now the formations by that cave next to the Veldt are wrong though, playing no battle theme and just wrong encounter's there. Good catch. =)
...Huh? wait, so there shouldn't be Microchu/OrdealLord/Etecoon inside the cave?!? the monsters... the cave music used for battle... it all looked so natural... all my life was a lie!! Hmm (jk Tongue)
So what there should be there... which monsters/music? tell me, please!

part 37: For the sake of hack science!!!
Suddenly i remembered that when you go searching for the Water Rondo dance a shortcut in the world map is unlocked and allows you to return faster to the airship... changed map tiles -> new tiles to test.
I was right, due to the changes to world map, with chocobo you can pass through new spots and also bypass a river barrier that leads to an isolated big piece of land with a great forest, which doesn't contain anything new in particular, (i believe..?) it should be accessible only with airship and it's located above the passage between former Mt. Koltz and Returners Hideout... so double check those new map tiles.

part 38: The exploit/bug hunter
I was renting a chocobo in the hidden stable, until i realized that i had less than 1000 GP, then i checked the wallet and it took me only 100 GP... now, what's happening here?!? what was your actual intention? It was supposed to cost 100 GP, but you added an extra 0 digit in the text as mistake, or it should cost 1000 GP but the mistake is that the game subtracts you just 100 GP?

Then yeah, i show here why the guard is not enough: if you skip the base with chocobo and go without Aurora in the party, then the story that occurs on esper's bridge will freeze the game, since Aurora cannot miss here Laugh

While searching for Mog's dances some shit happened: right after i was been in Psycho City(in that city there are lightnings that occur periodically) i entered in Spiral Mountain from the exit, then after some step inside the cave a lightning suddenly appeared! Surprised (it was really funny to watch again my natural reaction XD)
For a second i really wondered if a secret was insered if you return there, but then i realized that the truth is that a bug happened in the script: the lightnings in Psycho City came with me and continued to spam inside Spiral mountain... i believe this is quite a problem... maybe Lockirby2 might know something, since i know you managed to implement that due to his work on his day-night cycle hack?

Returning to my travel... yeah... so i got Water Rondo and i remembered i forgot to tell you how much freaking awesome was the song of the battles on the raft!!
Then i tested Mog dances and i can tell for sure that Mog is powerhouse now, since he can use dance as single command, without that shit about failing/changing background/and being stuck in dance status... i also noticed that Landslide does crazy damage(with Magi Ring i can score even 2200 damage...)
Oh yeah, after exiting from the river, i used the map tiles exploit with chocobo to return immediately to the airship, without even walking through Spiral Mountain Wink

part 39: A matter of rows...
I finally found the infamous Dream stone...
At the beginning i thought Kefka's minions were Insane, then i realized that rows were inverted and nothing... they didn't last much time, after i realized they had Pizza once more as stealable.
PS. was the song while on airship's deck and Espers flies through the sky battle event belong to Parasite Eve 2? i'm not sure about that...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
It would be a better experience if played on my own, without the recorder, but i'll keep on and share my videos, in the name of FF6 community!! [Image: p.png]

Thanks again! I'm glad to hear it is recorder related as well, but yeah what a shame for you playing it. Hopefully sometime you can play again monus the recording and all this stuff will be fixed and better again.

...Huh? wait, so there shouldn't be Microchu/OrdealLord/Etecoon inside the cave?!? the monsters... the cave music used for battle... it all looked so natural... all my life was a lie!! [Image: Gah.png] (jk [Image: Umaro.gif])
So what there should be there... which monsters/music? tell me, please!

Oh no inside the cave is fine, but right outside the cave I mean. Has the battles with no music and odd early-game formations. Now I remember a bit more I think that little area I can't change the formation actually, due to it being so close to the Veldt, is what the issue is. But I'll have to see and make sure.

2 are the best options... 1) deny chocobo to slip behind the base of the empire;
2) you move the event in the base at the beginning of the cave(just don't make come out from the party leader the other 3 members, since there's no space there)

Yeah it was looking like a simple fix for me until I realized that there needs to also be a check to have more than 1 person (Aurora) or at the end of the sealed gate...no one would be able to protect her! So I just need to work in one of those caseword checks as well, and that's where it starts to get even more tricky, just confusing and doubly as complicated, but luckily the event there in the Imperial Base basically shows me what to do, thought it's a bit different like you say because I don't need the party to expand out there since there's no room. I'll get it though, glad you thought of this exploit it is potentially very bad indeed.

Now for some rapid-fire answers due to time constraints...

- That chocobo costing 100 gp is a mistake yea, should be 1000 I must have forgot to make the change in the code after the dialog or something ;_;
- Lightning strikes should not be anywhere except for Zozo, I thought I took care of every other possible place! But yeah it happens if you enter Zozo, then the lightning is controlled by a timer, so when you leave the timer keeps going actually, so I fixed this by putting a stop timer in every single world map exit that can happen...or so I thought. Damn good catch on that one.
- The song that plays while the esper's are flying by attacking the airship is from Seiken Densetsu, called Black Soup.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Atma
Quote:- That chocobo costing 100 gp is a mistake yea, should be 1000 I must have forgot to make the change in the code after the dialog or something ;_;
Not exactly "That", also other hidden chocobos actually cost 100 GP instead, at this point i'll check if all the hidden stables will share the problem(i believe so, isn't the same event for all those stables?)

part 40: To pork and lobster!
Reptiles were quite unfriendly... luckily the steal was just a pizza.

part 41: Ok, it's Leo, but...
In the treasure room unlocked after the banquet there was an opened chest... is that normal? i mean... could it be that there was a chest i shouldn't had to open through the game?

Everything was ok, until i accidentally attacked with Leo, and i saw >2500 damage! as a pig! I restarted the battle and Leo was even able to do around 9999 damage with the attack... what's happening here?!? I was discussing about that with Gi Nattak, but theorically its damage should be more or less the same of Atma weapon, but the video tells a different story: i'd say that depends on target's Lv and current HP instead, you can see in the video how damage quickly decrease following a similar scheme: ~9999 -> ~5000 -> ~3000 -> ~2000 -> ~1500 ... and after few extra strikes the boss is ready for the finishing blow.

There's need of some explaination...

part 42: Tasteless
Here you can see even better the rampage of Lightsaber, suspected to be bugged, etc...
The battle was too much cheap: Sooner or later i'll try to fight without that blade as filler segment.

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Atma
part 43: FuSoYa broke the balance!
I noticed that super strong monsters most of the times are weak to stop or sleep: while i'm agree with providing a second way to beat a monster, i'd suggest to not be a 100% safe solution, i mean if the monster is super strong, but weak to stop, he's basically dead if you know the spell... spells that halve or something their chances to kill you would be better... like slow/poison/silence/blind

About FuSoYa that remembers 90% of all the spells is really overpower: he becomes way too much stronger than the other allies, he also manage to easily deal ~4000 damage... while next bosses kick the ass and so the balance is not compromised, that only means that having FuSoYa in the party is not anymore an option...

PS. the song of the mountain is glitchy in my emulator...

part 44: yeah, that moment always happens...
Oh! finally someone put a chest in the bottom of the dungeon!

part 45: Cheap bossrush
How to waste an hour doing a bossrush with 0% chance of winning... even if that wasn't even my best party formation... despite that i managed to survive for much time due to the Crappy effect of Light Saber(just a demonstration of the fact it was an error its effect)
PS. hey, that megamen-like boss looks quite overpower!

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-13-2015, 03:26 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: PS. hey, that megamen-like boss looks quite overpower!

So overpowered it makes the song glitch!

Seriously, I'd like to find a solution for song glitches on every emulator except zsnes, but for now the only remedy is not expanding the ROM beyond 32Mbit :/
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah man... Zsnes supports exhirom for some reason so why can't they all? Is it something that's hard to implement I wonder? The person I'm working with to put it on cart has modified his carts to supoort 6mb roms so that is good at least.

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-14-2015, 01:32 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: The person I'm working with to put it on cart has modified his carts to supoort 6mb roms so that is good at least.

Someone in the shoutbox said he had problem running the game on a flashcart. You should really test the whole game on a real cart before producting it, unless you just want a copy for yourself.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
well like I said the cart that it will be on has been modified to allow 6mb (exhirom) and the guy has tested it. Normal cart size will most assuredly have the same music issues sadly, but at least the 'official' cart one that it will be on is good to go.
Here is the label he made since now seems like a good time to show it:
[Image: jr7qgvrwx340vxezg.jpg]

Still have some weeks to go though, need it to be positively bug-free as possible and balanced and all that. Once it is though I can rest in peace.

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-14-2015, 01:54 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Once it is though I can rest in peace.

And make no money for your work, unless you have some sort of contract with the guy.

Love the design though.
  Find