Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project (Latest update: 02 06 2015)

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I'm having some issues with my windows PC right now, and I'm still in the replanning stage of how I want the characters to be within the balance of the new story.

The way I'm making the story is basically the 3 Scenarios for most of the game, and rather than just having one main group and storyline, we'll have a few of them.

I planned 10 and a half 'chapters' for the story, with the initial Narshe scene up until the Esper scene is the prologue, chapter 1 is the initial party gathering up until the 2nd Esper scene.

After this, the way the story goes greatly differs.

Since the party was initially together as part of the Returners, after the near death encounter and that 99% of Banon's Returners outright abandoned him, the few people that remained (Daryl, Clyde, Arvis, Draco, Elyssa, Adair, Banon and Relm) split up and do their own things.

Daryl's main interest is looking for Setzer and Clyde decides to stay with her, since she's the 'most interesting' and he doesn't feel good about letting her go alone.

Elyssa, Adair and Draco return to Figaro and have a mostly new scenario relating to the war between Figaro and Kohlingen.

Banon mostly recovered from his injuries and just wants to go home, so he takes Relm and Arvis sticks with him since they were old friends.

Daryl basically follows the 'main' storyline (Going past Zozo, meeting Setzer and invading Vector) while Elyssa's group has a few things like 'strategic' battles (ala moogle fight and Narshe defend the esper ones) and has events where Adair's past comes back to haunt him (Repurposed Vargas) and Banon's group runs into some issues since a war is going on and many ports refuse them, so they need to change ships and convince a boatmaster to grant them passage, which involves a fetch quest of sorts.

Chapter 2 ends with some bigger points. (Daryl 'betraying' the group, the peace treaty was called off because Figaro staged a coup while the leaders of Kohlingen were in Figaro (Which was part of an underworld plot) and Banon going... kinda insane after his body was 'infected' and he drags Relm off to perform an experiment in reviving the lost art of Heka.

Chapter 3 deals with the immediate consequences of certain events and more or less is the different groups trying to do damage control.

And I planned an entire optional 'half' chapter which can only be seen if you progressed in the game up to the point of no return, but decide (for some reason) to go back to the lower world and visit Vector, in which a new group decided to try to take over and they serve as the project's super bosses and they grant each character's ultimate weapon, armour or ability.

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Ok, now we're starting talking: it looks you have some neat idea in general(even before but now even more Tongue )
Nice the idea of keeping parties splitted through the game... it was between my ideas for my hack, but probably i'll pass on it...
Just a warning: if you wanna deal with 3 parties even outside vanilla spots, then you have to keep in consideration the existance of a nasty bug due to group swap, while moving and changing leader of the current group: to see what do i mean check the first part of this video in which i show that bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=112mf_1wdeA
That allows you to skip event green squares(FF6LE), dunno if all squares or only few ones, but it's a problem for sure
I'll take this chance to ask if anyone knows how to fix that...?
Even in Vanilla you can use it and skip the battle against Poltergeist.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I had the overall story structure in mind for over a month, but I didn't want to give away too much of the new story as to keep some things a mystery. Tongue

Want me to send you a PM with the finer details of the project and we can bounce ideas off eachother to try to make a better project?

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find