Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Silhouettes

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
You could remove just that part of the code if you decided to go that route by just putting FD (ignore and move on to whatever's next) bytes from:
CA/EBAD - CA/EBBE
which is the whole walking to the pub and creation of his NPC there...
But I like your idea of changing it to Sabin, if I understand you correctly. And yes in order to do that you would just input the same coloring event in there, right after that NPC is created. And obviously you'd need to change Shadow's NPC in town via the level editor to Sabin for it to work correctly. And also change his palette to palette 6, which is a placeholder palette that allows for these modify object color changes to happen, you see.

So looking at that section of SF's entrance event, you would want to have it changed to something like this to do what you want:

CA/EBA1: C0 If ($1E80($1B6) [$1EB6, bit 6] is set), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CA/EBA7: C0 If ($1E80($00A) [$1E81, bit 2] is set), branch to $CAEBC1
Place the jump command here: for example to F15000
So B2 00 50 27. Now that is 4 bytes, so you would need to remove 4 bytes in front of it, and relocate that part. See below.
CA/EBAD: 3D Create object $15
CA/EBAF: 41 Show object $15
CA/EBB1: 45 Refresh objects
CA/EBB2: 15 Begin action queue for character $15 (NPC $15), 11 bytes long
CA/EBB4: 8E Move vehicle/entity down 4 tiles
CA/EBB5: 99 Move vehicle/entity right 7 tiles
CA/EBB6: A1 Move vehicle/entity right/down 1x1 tiles
CA/EBB7: A1 Move vehicle/entity right/down 1x1 tiles
CA/EBB8: 86 Move vehicle/entity down 2 tiles
CA/EBB9: 95 Move vehicle/entity right 6 tiles
CA/EBBA: 92 Move vehicle/entity down 5 tiles
CA/EBBB: 89 Move vehicle/entity right 3 tiles
CA/EBBC: 80 Move vehicle/entity up 1 tile
CA/EBBD: D1 Make vehicle/entity disappear
CA/EBBE: FF End queue
Etc./rest of entrance event.

@ F15000:

F1/5000: 3D Create object $15 (moved from the previous code)
Now here you'd put the object coloring command
F1/5002: 53 Modify object color range from [60, 6F]: Subtract (Black) at intensity 0
(This color range seems to color Sabin's NPC only, I
think is how it works anyway.)
F1/5006: 41 Show object $15 (moved from previous code)
F1/5008: FE (returns to code directly after the jump)

And it would then go back to the rest of the code at CA/EBB1 and be as organized as possible, and the C0 check event bit command's and branches would still line up correctly.

BTW in the level editor that NPC is #5 on the list of total NPCs on that map, but 5 gets changed to 15 in the hex code, like the dump shows.
It goes:
0 = 10
1 = 11
2 = 12
3 = 13
4 = 14
5 = 15
6 = 16
7 = 17
8 = 18
9 = 19
10 = 1A
etc...to max number the map can hold. Just in case you might wonder why it shows them as different from level editor to hex.

Also, you can do the jump like this and relocate these 4 bytes because it's safe, it won't always be as easy for instance you can't do a jump in the middle of an action queue, or other things. Just make sure you have action queues and complete instructions in-tact or move the whole thing, meaning don't put the jump in the middle of something important that needs to be kept in-tact, in order to get the 4 bytes clear for the jump, or it will freeze. And also also be careful about those branches, putting a jump or re-arranging the byte order will cause the check branches to not line up correctly sometimes, so be careful about that. How it worked out this time everything will be okay though.

If this does not work I can take a further look into it and go hands on if needed. Just follow how I did it here and it should be good though, but I'm never 100% sure about anything without actually doing it myself.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • justincreedon (06-11-2015)

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yes!! Finally some progress. I haven't done it just yet, but I will as soon as I am at the old terminal again. I have a really good feeling about this. I already had the whole thing working except the silhouette, so as long I don't mess this up, the code seems like it makes since (given my extremely limited experience that is). Thank you so much for taking them time to educate me.

I am working on the events for now, but the really trying part will be the ASM editing later on. Starting my homework now, but probably at least 3 months or more away. Sad I have no background in code either (unless you include basic HTML) so starting from scratch. Hopefully we'll get there. Thanks again everyone for actually answering and being so acknowledged. Great forum.

[Image: a57af567-20a6-417e-8d72-a96c7c6ce0d3_zps3ncdbrek.jpg]

FINALLY! Seemed like such an easy problem to take so long, but this was great knowledge moving forward. Thank you so much Nattak.
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Update: Managed to create a completely separate custom event at Sabin's house that performs a similar function, no details (I want this one to be a suprise) but I couldn't have done it without your help everyone. Thanks.. now let's hope the rest of the events are as achievable. Cheers!
  Find