Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Beyond Chaos playthrough

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I really liked the enemies in today's episodes.
  • Nella: very dangerous, can zombify most of your party in the blink of an eye
  • Pamero: a thieving land worm, that steals and runs immediately. I imagine it popping out of the ground to take your GP.
  • Diaspeali: A six-pack of enemies that can use Bio Blast as their first attack, and half of your party can't survive three.
  • Kamiab & Mousy: Between Love Token, Roulette, and Step Mine counters, you didn't stand a chance.
  • Stou: A powerful enemy that can heal itself with Merton.
  • Wove: Strange creatures that seem to serve no purpose other than cheering on Stou.
  • Mayra: Not dangerous, but extremely tough to kill.
Other than that...
  • The Ice Dragon always has really good items, because he has a Force Shield in vanilla. This time, he had a Cursed Shield as well.
  • The algae-covered Umaro is a palette error that I have since fixed.
  • Ranma has really good stats because she uses Umaro as a base. Throw might come in handy too, although there might be better options for damage this late in the game.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
- Pamero is a damned clever bastard... Kungfu!
- Here you're wrong: i fought the battle near Jidoor because i just wanted to see if there was some breakable item among new ones, if you pay attention i didn't even try to fight seriously, still it wouldn't have been a piece o' cake to win...
- Stou was cheap;
- i thought Mayra was the counter part of pug, then i saw he appeared quite frequently, still i stole Tintinnabar... was it special or not? i'm confused!
- My bro always find Ice Dragon with Illumina and Paladin Shield... i bet whatever you want that i missed real good stuff! Laugh
- Just wait to see what the hell happens with throw...

part 52 - What the hell did i throw?!?

Btw all that stack of shurikens revealed useless for obvious reasons...

part 53 - Dirt Dragon buster

Until now citizens all over the world reported 3 cases of Dirt Dragon invasions... for Dirt Dragon busters there's a lot of work!

part 54 - Shadow was in danger for real!

Still the alter ego was dumb.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Ah, I see. That makes sense.
  • I'm not sure why the targeting on the shurikens is messed up. My theory before was that it happens when they are breakable, so I didn't bother to check... but clearly your shurikens are not breakable, so I dunno what's going on.
  • As always, the Storm Dragon was quite powerful. Since he had reflect, you could only bounce spells onto him, so they did less damage and your best option was physical attacks. I liked that you used Float to increase the Sniper's damage, although it was strange that the dragon wasn't already floating to begin with...
  • So many imperial knives! Well, something has to replace the shurikens.
  • After the opera, there was a huge rip in the world map. I've seen that glitch before, but I don't think I've ever seen one that big.
  • SrBehemoth's Meteo can be quite dangerous, when it connects.
  • The follow-up enemy, PluKnig, was very strange. He kept attacking himself for some reason, haha. Actually, I think the undead SrBehemoth is the only boss-type enemy that gets randomized like a regular enemy. I fixed the White Dragon, but I forgot about SrBehemoth for a long time so now it's like, "why change it now?"

Status
Atma
- It must be the first item window screen: the one that can decide the type of targetting when used the item as breakable... could it be that you randomized those flags?
- Strong, you say? Well i guess Random Thunder Shield made things easier;
- I might buy them at a very lower price, but i just don't wanna change the party and i believe i basically don't have need of money anymore;
- W-wait!!! What was that?!? Surprised I didn't even paid attantion to it, until you pointed that out! Could you tell me more about that glitch? i mean... it changes just the graphics, or also terrain properties change? Where before there was land and in that moment there's water instead... can you walk on it, or it becomes blocked? and vice-versa... can you land on an articial line of ground created from that rip? (if it was water before, of course)
Now that you mention it i remember that when i was 6(or something) i played FF6 for PSX and i remembered there was a long line of land in the sea near to Cid island and i always wondered what/where that weird island was... When i saw WoR later, on SNES and i saw there wasn't anything like that, i started to believe i had some kind of allucination, but now i realize it was true... a bug!
So... how it's triggered exactly, and how much it lasts? (I really need of this answer)

part 55 - Nasty shifters

They were obsessed from shifting between them...

part 56 Chasing Doom Gaze

I believe he was much more ready to run away than vanilla.

part 57 - STOP ASKING THAT CORAL!!!

When i lose the patience... you can also see me doing something stupid, like in the half of the video!
Then i realized why that happened...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
I don't know what causes it, but I do know that it has something to do with flying the airship. It's just a graphical glitch, so it doesn't change the tiles you can walk on or anything, but if you land the airship it doesn't go away. I think it goes away when you walk too far.
  • Chadarnook is my least favorite boss, it's so tedious to wait for all that switching... I hate when it switches to the demon form and switches to the goddess immediately after.
  • Doom Gaze with Regen? That's just cruel.
  • So much Imp... and yet, the enemy with the attack "Final Imp" inflicts silence.
  • Those Grand Trains hit hard, nearly wiped you out.
  • Even more bizarre targeting with Throw! You normally can't throw fire, ice, and thunder rods... so maybe it is related to the item break targeting. Still, it has some very interesting effects, and looks very cool.

Status
Atma
- Cruelty has a different shape: i'd assign him pearl wind, if i'd want to be cruel;
- Actually i've shown weird throw of rods some video ago... after seeing the damage of Grandtrain, i decided to use that throw twice and mimic it with Kaoru, so that i could place the 2 allies behind Hidon(i don't know if they were behind enough to hit him from behind and doing twice damage, still Hidon had to flip himself to target them) and being able to make twice the damage to him.
In other words i created an artificial pincer attack formation, with the main advantage that i was able to heal the party with a single spell(that won't happen in a pincer attack).
If you want call it somehow, then call it "Ultimate Czar Dragon formation" since my big guy was used to warp behind the allies and spam free extra damage Tongue
Now i need to farm some rod, if i want to repeat the trick again...

part 58 - Stay AWAY from bees!!!

Btw i totally skrewed the title of the video titled for Doom Gaze battle, since i kill him here Tongue

part 59 - buggy memories among Cyan's soul

So there's another one, huh? i also noticed that M-tek armors skrewed one monster... did it happened because i placed allies in slots 1,3 and 4?(check the next video for that one)

part 60 - no one can deny me to stealing

I really liked what happened here...

Find

Status
None
Oho, I see. That's almost too clever. I'd known about the damage bonus from pincer attacks, and also that you could make enemies turn around with the "step forward" glitch... but I never put them together.
  • In case you're wondering about Ranma's (Umaro's) spell list, he can't learn magic because there's no space in memory where it is stored. So in Beyond Chaos, Umaro will never have a Magic command. What you see in the Esper menu is data from your config settings... if you actually set all of your menu colors to pure white, Umaro will learn 50% of all spells.
  • Lots of dangerous enemies around the Ancient Castle... thrown weapons, zombie...
  • ...and you weren't kidding about those bees! That was a very sudden death.
  • Although it seems like x-zone is enough to keep them at bay.
  • What a ridiculous Odin: poison and antidote. This time, at least, the decision to upgrade to Raiden isn't a difficult one.
  • The GivLireno enemies outside of Doma Castle do impressive damage with Goner, but Ranma's got it covered with her perfect magic defense. Perhaps this could be considered a preview of the final battle.
  • There's always one enemy in Cyan's dream that has glitched graphics, I never got around to looking at it because it's strangely thematically appropriate...
  • I like the enemy that desperately uses Big Guard when it's the last one remaining.
  • All that fuss over an empty chest...
  • The Magitek graphics glitch is something I overlooked... I made sure the formations at the beginning of the game are Magitek-compatible, but I completely forgot about this sequence.
  • It's weird that Poplin's commands weren't erased during this part. Is it like that in vanilla too? Well, at least that means you can steal freely.
  • Defeating WrexSoul the legit way...? Oh, so you can steal from him.

Status
Atma
- Nah, i already knew about wacky percentages for who don't have magic available, what i didn't knew was that the percentage could depend on window color settings Laugh
- It's a bit funny... i thought you'd understood immediately what's actually happened: His commands weren't available, before i tried to break Doom Darts to steal with jump(equipping Thief Knife) and was ready to sacrifice it, in the case someone had something really worth to steal... but suddenly a bear(which was even the 1/16 chance encounter) casted Rippler: so i made me hit Poplin on purpose and in this way he switched Magitek status and so he was finally free to steal at will Hold on
- Never tried to win in a different way, still i wonder what the minions could drop... besides the last thing i want is to lose his drop, which was a Genji Shield...

part 61 - BIOHAZARD

This happens when you forget buying Revivify...

part 62 - Lag cave

Something even worse than progressive Zombie contamination...

part 63 - Locke's treasures

And Phoenix is neat.

Find

Status
None
Ah, I see... I've used Rippler to switch Magitek status between characters before, but I must not've been paying attention during that part of the video.
  • Of all the characters to be zombified... nice, zombie Ranma can kill your guys in one hit.
  • Jump to avoid zombie Ranma's attacks, and force her to attack the enemy, meanwhile she can't be killed... it's the perfect strategy.
  • Have you got a headache from looking at that lava yet?
  • Phoenix is very nice indeed.

Status
Atma
No, what was really giving me headache was the persistent lag caused from the lava + other animations in that cave and video recording...

part 64 - Ready to assault Tzen house!

Now you can stop keeping up that house, Kensin...

part 65 - Oh shit, he's almost invincible...

Will i ever know what i can get, betting Force Shield?

part 66 - Climbing the tower

Pretty nasty situation...

Find