Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Importing Sound Effects

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Now I know you can import Instruments from another game, but is it possible to import some sound effects? Huh

For example, I really like the Original Virus Sound effect in Final Fantasy 4 or the Holy Sword Sound effect. 0:-)

I am unsure whether I would use something like that in my hack, but I was just curious of the matter. Finger

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Just so this receives an answer of some sort, importing sound effects as far as I know is still an uncharted territory. Even Shall here it seems was unable to import the FFV spell sounds to go along with all the imported animations as he resorted to using the pre-existing FFVI ones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYo45VCfQ6U

It does look to be about the same as importing instruments, though, which is much more documented and accomplished thus far - looking at the C5 disassembly the sound effects also use ADSR data, wave rate multiplying values, and a table, just like the instrument samples... The main thing I believe is that you would need to first have the hex data of the sound effect you are wanting to import, once that is obtained you could place it in the ROM and re-point a sound effect in the table to that data, then adjust the corresponding ADSR and wave rate values which would most likely be a pain to get right if you don't know what to change them to exactly. But in the end you would have the new sound effect in the spot of another.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
That's really interesting. He even managed to get the spell animation too. Okay, I'll look into that, I don't replacing some sound effects either.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Data of sound effects, started from C5245E (to C53C5D, 1C00byte).

Sound effect of Bio,started from C52830 and C52832.
This offset value I is written to C520E5, and C520E7(D2 33, D4 33)

Data of sound effect relationship, but seems to be transferred to the ARAM at the start of the game, Sequence data of the sound effect will be transferred to the 2C00 of ARAM. Place that specifies this thing is C5001E(00 2C).

To change and this 5001E to different numbers, and I think that it can be extended if to forward to the unused ARAM. I also, but the ARAM to transfer from 2C00 I tried to change to the D000, transfer has been I, but could not be read from the D000.

From any location on the ARAM, where you have specified whether read the sequence data of the sound effects I think that it can be extended if you know.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
What is ARAM?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-07-2015, 06:53 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: What is ARAM?

I think it stands for Audio RAM.
  Find