Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Airship Falcon: Expanded

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
good luck with this ordeal

I have the latest patch created by Eggers (added colors for palettes)

if you want it send me a pm with your email and I can send it to you

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
If i'm not wrong, another way to deal with palettes is using sprites with just 8 different colors: looks like some guy managed to use 6 different monsters at the same time without having problems with palettes.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
*edit* Back to drawing board on Mtek, no dent so far. Palettes are a problem on the PC side because of how the game loads the armor. Well it is if you have four PC at a time anyway. Three PC in battle works on that side. With four, one of them will be loaded with the mtek color palette. The mtek sprite is what over rights the monster sprite though. Might be able to edit every WoR formation to try and free up that space or at least cut back how often it shows up, but thats a last resort.
Might possibly add a check for mtek status, then if true, limit the loaded formations, maybe...
*edit again* Actually, I CAN adjust some of the formations to reduce the monster side of the magitek armor glitch without really making an visual impact (well except not having graphic errors). Can't all of them this way, but several yes. Still be nice if I could check and skip the ones I can't fix while under the mtek status but its a start.

On another note, does anybody happen to know when/where/what the airship checks to know if it can land? And can this check be done anytime or only while in airship mode? Or where/what I can look for to find out?
I think its a stupid question destined for failure but its the best ideas I can come up with atm.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I remember speaking with Lenophis a long time ago and he told me told me about the airship data being somewhere in the C bank if I remember correctly (I need to double check), but unfortunately nobody has ever really messed with the data, if I find out around where that data is I'll let u know

I personally wanted to add a couple of random battles via airship I felt it would have been cool in my hack

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-03-2015, 11:03 PM)catone Wrote: On another note, does anybody happen to know when/where/what the airship checks to know if it can land? And can this check be done anytime or only while in airship mode? Or where/what I can look for to find out?
I think its a stupid question destined for failure but its the best ideas I can come up with atm.

I believe that would be in bank EE. Airship mode is handled there I think. I'll send you the file tonight, I promise.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Well, it ain't fancy but...

Out of 81 formation that I know wouldn't work with Magitek armor:

35 should be fixed without any noticable change in game
2 might be fixed without any noticable change in game
26 that can't be fixed without changing monsters
18 that MIGHT be fixed with sprite editing

This all being based on not being able to change the size(well dimensions not really space covered) of any moulds.

Those 18 I mentioned, if I can get slightly skinnier versions of them I could probably make it work without just changing the formation. These sprites being:

Joker, Hermit Crab, Exocite, Bloodpire, Ing, L. 30 Magic, Slamdancer, Maliga, Misfit, Mandrake, Scrapper

I'm not sure if its even possible to get some of those down to the width similar to a Trooper, without horrible disfigurment, and some of them it wouldn't take much at all if they are not already that size and just dont look it. If anybody wants to give it a shot I'd welcome the help.

As for the chocobo, I currently see two options. The one I like: land the airship, check a bit, reload the map in chocobo riding mode.(I'd have to see where it handles landing of airship to know if possible)
The other, talk to the bird, say yes, load world map on chocobo qnd hope: your not swimming, stuck on a mountain, stuck in something else, and that the airship landed itself in a proper location nearby.(This would actually kinda work if I could check if airship CAN land before loading the map on bird).

That's where its at, just to see where it goes.

Ah, yeah I was gonna ask about that file, Madsiur, and forgot, sorry.
And thanks for sending the patch, Poco

Well, at least I now know WHY there is a glitch in monster formations while using MagiTek armor.

The game uses a 128x128 grid for monster formations. Magitek armor, while in use takes up a 32x128 strip down the right side of that grid. Meaning a common group of three monsters, each 64x64, the one in slot two will show that 32x32 magitek armor ghost.

Several formations I think I fixed by using the two 64x64 chunks on the left side of this grid. It still leaves no way to have three 64x64 monsters(pretty common formation).

That being unless I could make it use four 32x32 sections from one corner, which would just screw up that much more crap.

Best bet without taking away from formations is to come up with a few 32x64 versions of the sprites I listed above. Or swap the formations to different "skinny" monsters to fill in the gap.

Find

Status
Zombie
Well, shit... that's frankly the only way I can put it.

The problem with the chocobo, I can get it to ride after landing the airship, and dismount properly, but it refuses to show the sprite while riding. Every thing else there is fine.

As for the magitek armor, I wrote the script that gives the status and the vehicle to the party, that seems to work for the most part. It doesn't matter though... something I should have realized before now... the airship is a vehicle... meaning (if I'm correct in this) it overrides the magitek vehicle when you land.

Okay, maybe its not "overriding" , but even if its not, there is a line of code out there that clears all vehicle status when you dismount one (which includes landing).

What does this mean? It means if I want any of it to work I've got to go back to the god foresaken place that is known as Bank EE, the land of nightmares, full of such horrors that will leave small children scarred for life, and has been linked to brain damage in labratory animals when exposed for any length of time.

Least thats the only direction I'm seeing.

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
If i'm not wrong, when you land, and so move with the character, it's called a function that draws the character sprite. Now... if you call that function just before you ride the chocobo... could that work?

Bank EE is a scary land, still is the most tempting... my dream would be edit EE so that, while travelling with falcon, you see in the sky the image of Doom Gaze, which possibly starts chasing you as soon as you enter in mode 7 with Falcon! Kungfu!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
Stick it with a fork, because I'm done with it. At least the part about using the chocobo or magitek.

I've been through the whole thing more times than I can count, followed out every path and branch, set bits, cleared bits, ask the code to go a different route, forced it to go a different route... and it still refuses to let it happen. I've got better things to do than beat my head against it any more, or learn to rewrite half the bank in order for this to work. Not a big loss eitherway, moving on.

And no, I cut in after the part about drawing the character, before drawing the character, after landing, before landing, before drawing the map, after drawing the map, in the middle of drawing the map. Everything that should have to be done, every step that should happen, bits that are checked to see what mode its in or should be in, are all covered in the chocobo initialization section, yet it doesnt do it if you go to it. Setting the bit it checks to make the branch to it, doesnt work.

I might come back to it eventually, but even if I get the bird to work right, I'm nowhere close to getting the m-tek vehicle to survive exiting the airship, so not likely. Might go on with the rest of it and just say to hell with those two functions, however those being the big ones... not a lot of point to the rest.

Just wanted to wrap that up.
*edit* Okay, the M-tek just doesn't show on the world map. So that might stay, but the bird is still getting cooked for dinner.

Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
When I get myself a usable computer (likely soon) I'll definitely be installing this. Looks great!!
  Find