Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Airship Falcon: Expanded

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Good work! Keep it up, man. This may prove useful in the future as some kind of example.

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I haven't even started writing yet and already have a problem with Maria.

The dancer in Maranda is the first target, and actually is a perfect target really (its close to the opera house, she already by default sounds like she has a history talking about let the past go, and already has plenty of checks setup to be rewrote(she's the one that says "Cyan phone home" well sorta) pointing to his endgame quest).
The problem: she is there throughout the WoB, and the whole town of Maranda doesnt have a map for WoR and WoB like most. So, I need a bit for NPC that can stay on from the first time in Maranda that can be turned off endgame and stay off.

I either need that or a better idea.
*edit* Heh, a little bit of both actually. I'm gonna pull the sprites for Gogo and Umaro off the Blackjack (no way to recruit in the WoB anyway) giving me two bits for the dancer and the Maria during her time back in the Opera house. I think it'll work.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
The rumour is just a rumour, but that couple exists for real, even if they're appearently useless...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
Well, actually there not completely useless. Because they're holding two bits that I can use for something else. Even if I'm still not sure how they ever get set to start with...
Still thanks for bringing them up.

That being said, the couple hiding in the woods is only slightly odd, the fact they have pointless script and dialog is the real head scratcher. As well as their own special bits.

Find

Status
Zombie
Well, for the moment, I'm stumped to be honest.

I've got all of my recruiting finished, everything is set up to add to the Falcon, maps set up, etc. Just gotta do a test run to make sure my bits are correct and everything is removed/placed as they should be on pick up.

After that... making them all work is the issue.

As for the chocobo, I know how to load a map and place it in "chocobo riding mode" the problem is I can't do that after loading the map in airship mode. There doesn't seem to be(or at least I can't find it) a place to reload the map after landing to place the party in chocobo map mode. I did manage to make it do some crazy donuts one time after "lift off" but nothing useful. Short of cutting into script that handles the actual airship landing(which I don't have) I'm not sure how else to pull it off short of some kinda chocobo whistle item thing.

As for the Magitek armor, I finally got around to adding the status Mtek to a character, just to get a taste of how painful this was gonna be. Well, it did place her on a magitek ride in battle(not out of battle but that was expected) and it did change her fight command over to Mtek. Its what else it did that's not cool at all.

Setting the status on Terra as head of party also made the whole party show up on armor(it didnt chage their fight command though, just her's).
It also changed her in battle palete to 50 shades of brown... okay probably just set it to pallete #1 if I was gonna make a guess. The rest of the party was fine.
battle glitches? Oh yeah, definatly. It seemed to be all graphical though, sometimes a critter would have the sprite and make the moves of the party membe in front of it in armor, sometimes on bigger critters it would only replace half their sprite with a mtek suit.
Yes, alot of full formations with issues. The only consistancy I noticed in that short time was the smaller groups weren't effected. I almost want to say it might be to do with how the status effect mtek is handled, more directly how it adds the graphics to the character. (Will have to find where this is done next and go from there).
That's just the things I'm beating my head on at the moment. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful of course.

Find

Status
Atma
If you remember, in your first topic about this hack i warned you about M-tek armor problems: you've chosen a difficult road...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I doubt the magitek armor glitches are fixable; the way they're coded is such because the game already uses just about all of available VRAM in battle even without them, so they had to consume a character's slot and some enemy VRAM as well.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Don't have to fix it, just find a way to butcher the hell out of it and beat it into submisson.

Yeah, I did have to go back and read that thread. In the very least it all makes sense now, and if it wasn't difficult it would have been done already. I said stumped, not whipped.

On a high note, at least all my recruiting works. Even the auction house didn't take to long to buy everything. I was worried it was gonna be a punk about selling the npc's (it still leans heavy toward item auctions but the chocobo, imp, and mtek came around in decent time.)

Now just to make'em work.

Find

Status
Atma
If you wanna fool the game, then you have to throw away ALL 128x128 sprites, because there's no way you can deal with them and magitek armors at the same time, then you have to organize all the formation in order to make sure that there won't be even a single battle that can screw the graphics: i believe there's some specific slot that triggers the glitched graphics... maybe was slot #2 or #3? if you wanna know what i'm talking about, check video submissions of task #2 of my contest... Fighting Vargas with Magitek armors to be precise.

PS. in any case those advices are good only for block weird graphics, the other shit will keep to bother your hack Hmm

Find

Status
Zombie
Well, one issue might be handled with the expanded palettes patch. At least I know he addressed the issue with showing to many palettes on screen at one time. I know Ive looked at that patch but dont remember if I have a copy or not, could be some trouble finding the last version, then getting it to work in that aspect without going the whole length of the field.

There is also the issue of having four characters with magitek armor. The game normally only lets you have three characters during those times, using the fourth for the armor but I think this is mostly related to the number of palettes on screen at one time. Might be able to address two issues at once.

Lastly, yes the part about cutting into enemy formations. Might be over my head at the moment, okay more than likely rather than might. But what I still don't get is why when one character is given the status in battle the whole team is shown with armor. Maybe it was to save resources but frankly it just seems sloppy as hell.
Why is the game putting it everywhere when only one has the status? Thats my first target, how it handles the status and what it does from there. Gotta find where the statuses are first though, haven't gotten that far yet.

Its not impossible, just requires a bigger beating stick, and probably some whiskey.

Find