Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Airship Falcon: Expanded

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
As for npcs, you can make them appear on the map without having them in LE. A npc that has only a dialogue is easy to create by event. This way they don't count in the global npc limit of LE.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (02-10-2015)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
thats a really smart idea right there, I didn't even know that could be pulled off

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Are we talking an entrance event with the npc details? Hrm, if thats the case could just redo a single pub full of soldiers and gain... what an easy 5 or 6 slots?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-10-2015, 02:36 PM)catone Wrote: Are we talking an entrance event with the npc details? Hrm, if thats the case could just redo a single pub full of soldiers and gain... what an easy 5 or 6 slots?

Entrance events work as well as events triggered by an event tile (like the soldiers in Narshe in the beginning). The only restriction to that method is if you need a NPC on a vehicle or other special NPC data bit, in those cases, a NPC with NPC data is required.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I was under the assumption that you could only create NPC objects by using one of the PC's ids and assigning it another graphics?

And this event command should work for putting an NPC on a vehicle right?:
44 Place character $X (NPC $X) on vehicle $X
or maybe this one possibly...:
C9 Place object on vehicle $A02 [to decode later]

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Zombie
I admit, I'm a little tired but this just isn't adding up at all for me.
The guards at the start, event that used the command 3D to create object. Then 41 to show object. The auction house uses the same commands. What I still don't get is where or what the ID referances. What is "Object 10", where is the pallett set, or location? The Narsh guards have a marker with the event, the auction house has NPCs and some garbage stuff in the square (this all in FF6LE) but I still find nothing to say Object X is anything, just "create" "show" etc. Is there a set list of NPC object to show with that? I still don't see exactly how 3D 1F would drop a green imp on X spot. Or a hostile guard on spot Y.
Maybe I've just been thinking to much but, I'm not piecing any of this together atm, and no instance I see of it being used makes it any more clear.

*edit* Bleh, I just needed a smoke break. It sank in...

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
For that example of the guards, Object 10 is the 1st NPC in order on that map (map 013). Use the level editor and check out that map with the NPCs viewable and you'll see 4 guards in the top left corner, the first one there (NPC #1) is going to be object 10 on that map.
NPC 2 is 11, NPC 3 is 12 etc.

The reason the NPCs here need to be created first, even though it is there already on the map, is because that NPC is using a memory bit to have it either be hidden, or shown, depending on event bits being set or cleared. For these NPCs that you place with the level editor, you assign their palette there obviously, but for ones that are created via events like you are trying to do, you will need to create it as one of the playable characters and assign it a palette with the assign palette command: 43 Assign palette $X to character $X (Actor in stot X)

That's why I'm a bit confused of Madsiur's post about possibly not needing to use a PC for creating an NPC outside of having it on the map, I don't see how that could be. And using a PC for an NPC can present problems of course if you have already recruited that character.
I will wait for his response about this because I may have somehow confused myself along the way. Maybe you can just create an NPC object outside of the PC range of 00-0F, after whatever the last NPC is on the map...

Anyways it's all there in the event dump, you should study up from some more examples and have all the event commands handy when you're ready to go in and put in work. So like once you create the object with 3D, then you can assign it a palette, put it at the coordinates you choose using D5 XX YY in an action queue, and then finally show it with 41 XX, the show object command.

Hope this helps a bit, I'm happy to help out anyway I can, I really like to talk event stuff! ^_^

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Zombie
Despite the fact its still giving me hell in execution, from what I do understand, yes you can reuse one NPC multiple times, but not multiple times on the same screen. Static soldiers in a town, could use two npc and have 2 guard visually standing on each side of town. But you still only have two guards at a time. (Like the opening narsh battles, 5 npc's reused at different steps on the map to seem more like 10, but you dont actually interact with them, from creation to hide they dont have dialog, just a message diplayed with the spawn event.)

That would be a trick for reducing the count but I still find/have no theory on creaating a new npc from nothing. Thought maybe just create the same npc template a few times but its still one npc and far as I can tell can only be on the screen once at a time.

Is it possible to load an npc from anothr map using an event maybe?

Also, you can spawn a PC, and assign a pallette, but you cant change the grapic/sprite that Ive seen, which still leaves you with a PC. Hell, if thats the case, why couldn't I spawn Biggs/Wedge in a town,assign a single dialog and call "IT" a guard? Without having an actual npc? Or the same thing with creating a couple "mog" by creating the PC in the moogle cave in the WoB?

Still dont know how to poke dialog on demand(only when interacted) but as far as standing there or drinking why wouldnt that work?

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Well, when Kefka attacks Narshe, he calls a lot of soldiers: if that's possible only by event, then you should check that event for getting some clue... maybe?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
The soldiers in that battle are all true NPC's, now if I could clone one npc or spawn that many soldier PCs to get them out of the LE it wuld free up between 5-10 global npc. Good place to work on but still dont know how/if/what to do to use events to create vs actual npc.

Find