Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Auction House: Expanded-Workable

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Imp as a perma-guest doesn't sound too much hard to implement(except making him fight in the whole final battle against Kefka)
The thing is the chocobo i believe...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
How about the Guest Adder? You could set something up like that right?

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Yeah, the guest adder was the route I was thinking on. I've seen it but never used or looked at overly hard to know what exactly or how flexable it would work for something like this.

That being said, due to a pretty nasty cold, this project is moving along pretty well. Still working my real job (which is going double time atm) but being to sick to do any of the other side projects has give me plenty of time to pound keys. (Seriously, how it got this far between doing my other none work related projects: sheetrock, roofing, truck repair, lawnmower repair, misc electrical wiring... you get the point, actually reading it that might explain the sick part, been doing this when I should have been sleeping....)

Anyway, to the point, this part is down to three more auctions to write( model airship, an extra item and then the script to sell mtek armor) then comes insertion, a bit of wiggling around, then the drop off.

Already come across a few things that'll need to be fixed but all in all shouldnt be on this one to much longer hopefully. Not saying it will be THAT pretty but should cover everything it needs to I think. Even including the extra stuff thats hopefully to follow for the end product.

Why say all this? Because so far this thread has produced some good stuff (least I sure thought they were good ideas) even though most dont effect this specific part... still good. At the same time my main project just keeps getting a longer and longer list of things to cram in... still good. Maybe it'll come out as something that was worth doing.

In the end, I still say most of it all points back to so much wasted potential in the auction house, even not counting all the fun not so game fitting stuff.

Heh heh, Hyper thrusters, makes me wonder if the Falcon could borrow a line from Spaceballs... No no no light speed is to slow, we're going straight to LUDICROUS SPEED! How hard would it be to kick the airship up to "plaid" speed?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
None
The Guest Adder is would be really good to use here, also you COULD use the mmmmmagic patch that Edrin made, it made it so that certain characters share spell lists, like Leo and Shadow share spell lists, and I think Locke and Banon share a spell list.

Find

Status
Zombie
I've played with the shared magic patch but didnt remember the name or who made it. Was actually thinking of no list at all for it though. Just some kinda robot-ish skill or two. Maybe a form of health and... something like shock just a bit weaker. I think, at least in my mind, it would fit better as a type of novelty or "pet" well kinda like the dolls in FFIV The After Years actually.

Find

Status
None
Nah, give it Shock and Magitek. It would make sense. And besides, Shock isn't overpowered for the World of Ruin.

Find

Status
Zombie
Magitek would make sense indeed for a robot... hrm maybe another quest in the making. Find equipment to weaponize the little toy robot.

Find

Status
None
I'm thinking you could use the mmmmmagic patch Edrin made and give the Imp Robot Magitek and Magic. You could even give it a backstory, like, it was a Magitek Robot or something. Keep in mind that if you do use the Guest Adder, you can make two guest characters and have them usable in the final battle. So you could also make a "get Leo/Banon back" sidequest if you wanted.

Find

Status
Zombie
Was actually thinking of adding bannon as another guest to be honest. His "death" is never really confirmed that I recall ,as far as magic, while the sharing list was a great idea,in my personal hack I'm already having to give Umaro a magic menu thats stolen from somebody else, probably Gogo. Also, in the patch I'm shooting for, I was really trying for as little impact on normal as possible. Well, limit it to the areas its designed to hit would be a better way to put it. While sharing wouldnt steal from another it would effect other characters.

This view does limit things to an extent but was hoping to make it simple to combine with other personal taste hacks(even though I havent really put much concern to what free space I'm eating it should end up easy enough to relocate as needed. )

In the end, while none of that may matter anyway if nobody other than myself uses the patch because hey it'll probably be the only thing I make that someone else may find worth using. High goals but eh it is what it is. Back on point, still trying to effect things outside of patch marginally if at all. Magictek and shock wouldnt effect outside of the imp but leaves it functionable. Hrm, what if it had Umaro's Throw attack? Would that be... fitting? Or just weird.

Find

Status
None
Maybe Edgar's Tool command for that Imp Robot?

Find