Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo S-SMP/SPC700 documentation

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Perhaps this is a bit overly ambitious of me, but, I've always had a fascination with the Snes hardware, notably, the sound processor (Nintendo S-SMP and Sony SPC700), and as such, I've always wanted to learn more about it. Why? Don't know, perhaps morbid curiosity, maybe I can do something with it. Don't know for sure yet, but I'd definitely want to know more about how it actually works, if that makes any sense. But even to this day, I'm impressed how it holds up (well, maybe not so much that), or how it was, for the time, a very advanced sound processor. Am I being a bit too presumptuous about wanting to learn more about this? I've seen documents all over the internet, the thing I want to know is, where would be a good place to begin learning about it? http://www.romhacking.net maybe? Sorry for the numerous questions, just want to make sure I'm asking this right, and in the right section. Tongue
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to the_randomizer for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (12-14-2014)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
this area is just fine for this post

and I have to agree with you, I'm someone who grew up with an SNES and the sound/music from that system and those games are etched into my memories lol

it was very impressive indeed for its time, obviously it's obsolete now but anyone who is at the very least somewhat tech-savi can truly appreciate the ingenuity of it all

those are some good questions on another note (unfortunately I'm no help there sorry lol), regardless good luck finding your answers, I'm even a bit curious myself

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • the_randomizer (12-15-2014)

Status
None
(12-14-2014, 11:18 AM)d-_-b Wrote: this area is just fine for this post

and I have to agree with you, I'm someone who grew up with an SNES and the sound/music from that system and those games are etched into my memories lol

it was very impressive indeed for its time, obviously it's obsolete now but anyone who is at the very least somewhat tech-savi can truly appreciate the ingenuity of it all

those are some good questions on another note (unfortunately I'm no help there sorry lol), regardless good luck finding your answers, I'm even a bit curious myself

Nah, it's all good man! ^_^ I hope that we can get an answer from someone about this soon as it would be fun, but also challenging to find out more about documentation regarding the S-SMP Tongue Out of all the components, it's the one I wanted to learn about the most, heh heh heh.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
You might want to take al look at these:

SPC-700 APU Manual
Relevant Documentation
SPC-700 Reference

This is my Christmast gift to you Tongue
  Find

Status
None
(12-15-2014, 08:23 PM)Madsiur Wrote: You might want to take al look at these:

SPC-700 APU Manual
Relevant Documentation
SPC-700 Reference

This is my Christmast gift to you Tongue

Thank you, man! Tongue Smile Just gotta take these things one step at a time XD Any particular order?
  Find