Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A future FF6 Hack

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I am in no way, shape, or form, prepared to actually MAKE a hack right now, due to my computer issues. However, I recently had some ideas for a hack, and decided to throw them into a thread here (I hope this is an appropriate place to put it), in the hopes of getting ideas from other people, and maybe some help. Without further ado... I present the ideas for Super Mario: The Dark World

Backstory: After Smithy's (from Super Mario RPG) defeat, the sword had vanished, but it had left its mark on the world. While there had been basic machinery beforehand, Smithy had introduced the idea of what heavy machinery can do. Enthralled by it, the many kingdoms of the world began to develop their own machines, sending the Mushroom World into the beginning of an Industrial Revolution.

Characters:

Terra -> Princess Peach: The princess of The Mushroom Kingdom, she had ventured out to a town in the boondocks to investigate rumors of a strange creature.

Locke -> Mario: The once famous plumber, and savior of the princess, now that machines were around, the Princess had the resources to defend herself, or so it seemed.

Edgar -> E. Gadd: The brilliant inventor had finally outdone himself. A mechanical castle, built by his own two hands, or so he claims, and crowned himself king of the castle, and king of machines.

Sabin -> Luigi: Who is this guy again? Green Mario? Ah well. Anyways, he's Mario's little brother, and tired of being in his shadow. He went off alone to try and find something he can do better than his older brother.

Gestahl -> King Bowser: At the head of the Koopa Clan, and the Koopa Kingdom was the fearsome Bowser. Often unopposed, and unstoppable, save for the Mario Bros. But now, he had an army, enhanced by machines, at his side.

This is the gist of what I have for now. I have a few other ideas for character swaps in mind, but I'll cement them later. I'm planning on redoing the dialogue of course, and the music too, with any luck. The NPC sprites, I'm hoping to change. The biggest problem I see so far, is the monsters. Replacing enemies with mario enemy sprites could be a small issue, unless I used SMRPG sprites... but those would look rather out of place, I think.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeeeah, that hack was a tad too ambitious for me to begin with. World map changes, event changes and whatnot... For my very first time trying to make a hack, I aimed high, but I think I should start with something a little easier. Get a handle on some of the simpler stuff first. I've always been kinda bad at coding, anyways. So, could someone close that thread for me?
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Actually Mario and Luigi are twins, Mario just came out first

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find