Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tenkarider VS big bad guys

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Since i started to smash some big bad guy boss hack around here, i decided to put all that battles inside here, so even the future ones, rather than placing randomly inside other's related threads Kungfu!
I'm gonna add some comment and try to give a personal judge to the bosses.

1) Tenkarider Vs Titan EX(1.0 version, made by Edrin)
(using only Terra and Celes) Download link, if you wanna fight him: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2628

Part 1/6 (if you wanna watch the others, search them inside the link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsZxRBe5Q04

It was done some month ago, so nothing new, at the moment the best elaborated boss of other hackers i've ever met(i'm not able to understand completely the script)
It was updated to 1.01, but there were some unexpected behaviors that made unpredictable the behavior of the boss... since the battle was annoying enough even when predictable, i'll just stop to the first release, even because Edrin will never fix the error, since he quitted the ROM hacking world... Sad

- Difficulty: 9/10 -> for almost the whole battle any little error in your strategy can ruin the battle;
- Challenge: 8/10 -> really challenging, the battle and the sheme you have to follow force you to examine all your inventory resources and try many different combinations in order to guard yourself from the boss, besides you'll have to learn from death what to do and not to do;
- Strategy: 10/10 -> ok, this boss was designed with an enhanced moster AI script, so it's advandaged, still the battle reveals to be a themed battle, which revolves around dodging earth damage and the row position of allies... a completely unique and original bossfight.
- Fun factor: 6/10 -> the weakspot i guess... the battle will last more or less an hour, if you're not speedrunning in some way, the fact that even a little error might ruin the battle is really annoying, especially in the 4th or last form...
Besides a lot of equips are rejected from the script with a gameover counter, that hinders the creativity of the challenger, even if it's necessary.

FINAL JUDGE: 8.5/10 -> the failures will make you grow and eventually even more determined to win this Puzzle boss fight, the design of this bossfight is simply done in an wonderful way.

2) Tenkarider Vs Emperor Dragon(1.2 version, made by Lord Envoy)
(quick survivor medal obtained) download link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWy_jxNU...Zb3DuvL-HQ

The battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULF2KlBVWg

Recent post, still it belongs to the list... nothing to add to battle's description...

- Difficulty: 6-10/10 depends on which awards you wanna get AND how much rewards you wanna get at the same time... if the 3 awards are all the awards except the under lv 60 one, then it's yet feasible - if you wanna exclude only the time related medal, that will be heavily luck reliant due to the high chance to be frozen with cold dust, right when he charges the super attack, and then be toasted. (i was working on doing that...) - if you wanna get all the medals... well it's almost impossible... an endless chain of lucky AI decisions for you;
- Challenge: 7/10 you have to adapt to his behavior quite fast and avoid to be stopped from his special, plus handling the charge attack;
- Strategy: 6/10 actually there's not a real strategy to win the battle, you just have to react fast and pay attention to the charged attack;
- Fun factor: 8/10 despite he has a million HP, they won't last too much time, besides you won't have time to getting bored, since it's attack pattern will change quickly... anyway his chains of attacks are too much long, especially when he act 10+ times in a row;

FINAL JUDGE: 7.5/10 -> if you're searching for an harder challenge than usual, without having to do something too much complicated, then you should give it a shot, quite varied and many randomized patterns Wink

2) Tenkarider Vs Godzilla(1.0 version, made by Lord Envoy)
(quick survivor and under lv 60 medals obtained) download link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRQEpqWzkNc

The battle:

A really creative battle + many customed features... theorically i got all the awards but even if unofficial, there's the chance to attempt the solo medal as hidden medal: jump with the character just before the boss will use engulf on 2 targets and you'll be able to attempt this extra challenge... maybe i'll try that.

- Difficulty: 7-8/10 or (10/10) if i recall he reacts to quick, so the difference is just being able to heal yourself for free(but the timer won't freeze)...
7 if you'll use avg allies over lv 60, else 8. 10 if you try to win alone too
He's quite aggressive and the battle follows a rule, according to which you have to stop his advance(moves to right) and push him back, or it will be gameover...
the more he gets near, the stronger will be his attacks;
- Challenge: 8/10 he's invincible until you break his skin: according to what you use for attack him, the skin will be crushed faster, due to his strength and time limit, you have to find a good balance among healing and attack;
- Strategy: 7/10 you just have to attack him with the best your characters can use, and healing with the best healings, the rest is using elemental properties in a clever way and/or buffing your allies
- Fun factor: 9/10 the atmosphere is awesome and loyal to the original creature, the battle is a bit tricky, but really fast: basically you're gonna win or die in few minutes;

FINAL JUDGE: 8/10 funny, fast and original... even if you're not an expert it's still worth to be watched, just for the song and real Godzilla screams XD

If anyone knows some other FF6 super boss hacks, i don't mind if you inform me about them, i may insert them in this thread too!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nice work

I had wanted to put in a little inside joke with this fight that if the party tried to run a way it would say "GODZIRRA!!" instead of "can't run away" lol and I pitched it to Will but sadly it didn't make it

I will forever break this guys balls over that LMFAO (insider)

great job though I doubt I could have pulled this off personally

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • Tenkarider (11-02-2014)

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Oh crap! these Boss hack made by LordEnvoy and Edrin is soooooooo very hard and annoying even Emperor Dragon ;[.....But still it manage to defeat these creatures......I sparring Godzilla while ago it almost finish my characters in 1 freakin' shot but fortunately my characters are survive......Anyway @Tenkarider great job you accomplish these challenge keep it up matee Smile....BTW If you asking me if I battle Titan EX!? not yet I have to try......
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ShinMrKarate for this post:
  • Tenkarider (11-02-2014)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-02-2014, 03:43 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: - Fun factor: 6/10 -> the weakspot i guess... the battle will last more or less an hour, if you're not speedrunning in some way, the fact that even a little error might ruin the battle is really annoying, especially in the 4th or last form...

Isn't that the case with your Czar Dragon?

Also, since you are into boss battles, you might want to try these: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1972
  Find

Status
Atma
To PocoLoco: too bad... it was lol if it was displayed GODZIRRA! Laugh
I searched in the disassembly the address in which "can't run away" is displayed, but i cannot find it... do you know its position?
Thanks, anyway Wink

To Shin: thanks! btw remember that Titan EX is one tier higher than the other 2 bosses, besides the 1.01 version is almost unplayable.

So i hope you have the 1.00 vesion...

I wanted to do utmost challenges, like getting all medals, except the gold/silver medal against Emperor Dragon(getting 4 medals i'll leave it to cyborgs...)
And do what i did against Godzilla with just one ally.
With Titan EX i'm already satisfied...

PS. that 3 medals against Emp dragon are really annoying, because counters 2/3 with cold dust in form 13 14 and 15, if it charges the attack while you're frozen, you'll lose reraise status and if he casts ultima it's a mandatory gameover, the other 2 attacks will leave you almost dead and still frozen, after that it may cast meteor (1/3) right after, if not you'll be safe... for now.
Due to the heavy luck factor i may just ignore this challenge. ;[

To Madsiur: No, definitively not. when i say a little error i really mean a tiny little error: if you set a status that doesn't like to the Titan -> landslide to it(equals death), during the battle the front row guys are meat shield for the ones behind(mt. buster will perma-halve their level and become powerless), since he'll aternate the target row with each landslide then you have to switch rows, but the boss is too much fast to being able to switch all the 4 allies, so you're gonna use less allies or use in a clever way his R.polarity counter. but it's not enough: if you just attack as normal the R.pol counter won't be controllable as desired, so you have to hit him with Ice to freeze the counter, or Thunder to make it rise twice faster.
An ally or two will periodically die: you have to revive them immediately or dead bodies will be kicked out from the battle, that will ruin your scheme and the battle will be destined to end with a failure, it's just a question of really few seconds!! the only way to revive 2 allies together are to use gembox(which i'd consider illegal, since it's him the boss who drops it, but Edrin said it's ok to use it), Phoenix and quick.
Actually also abusing the can't run message to buy some frame will give you the chance to revive 2 or 3 allies, but it's too risky.
If you attack him while quick is on -> gameover: besides you'll spam quick for the whole battle(an hour at least) and you are forced to act in hurry without any pause, it can even happen that you accidentally target him for error -> gameover.
Did you screw up just once the row position of attackers, for time/error/amnesia(it's a memory battle)? -> mt buster to attackers = 99% of all your attacks will become harmless, basically a gameover.
That for the whole battle, meanwhile his AI will be updated with next forms, all his quick assaults will kill someone sooner or later, so you should always keep 2 guys ready to act and not more than 2 actions each time, that because if someone dies while doing other actions, you won't make in time to revive him and will be buried.
The final attack, which will use in the last form (about 9000 damage to allies) will menace your life for the time left until he dies, the only one thing that i really wasn't able to understand was how to trigger that attack(if someone knows how to stack 9 to the var value, please tell it to us!), that means that you never really be able to predict when he'll cast it... if you wont keep hp at maximum... gameover.
In the 1.01 there's also some extra further nasty death trigger, anyway...

Since the battle have a too much beautiful design i can forgive this IWBTG battle style.

What's the difference between our bosses?
1) his boss is a themed fight that revolves around dodge with rows and tank with the front row, my boss hasn't any theme, because it happens more or less everything you ever seen in FF6 plus some custom idea i had in the second half of the battle;
2) Titan EX has only one solution/strategy: you'll always see the same battle and you'll just improve the same battle until you'll success of surrender. with my boss everything changes and you'll always see a different battle(well, except the first 2 forms which are quite static...);
3) 80% of times a single error will lead to a game over with Titan EX, with Czar there are only few breakpoints in which if you act wrong, you may risk a gameover, for the rest of the battle it will be a matter of choosing an efficent strategy according to the form, balancing the n. of attacks/healing/buffs in order to not screw up with time available or avoiding to kill him too much fast, etc... according to how you react/act against him, the battle will be destined to be in favor of you or the opposite, it will be a logoration battle and you'll have to regain the control of the situation each time you lose it... thinking to that better, you can find some aspect of all those 3 bosses inside my hack.

In any case i'm not going to judge my hack... that's up to the few ones which will be able to claim the victory(i'm just listing his features...).

About global boss challenge... i might do that, i guess. Too bad that i wasn't there when the constest was on, it would have been a nice competition among me and Lockirby2... not like i have much chances against him Laugh

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
@Tenkarider thanks matee I'll looking forward it and your the man....Hold on
  Find

Status
Atma
As suggested from Madsiur i did the Global Boss Challenge... wait, rather than a submission i'll consider this one as a review instead, even because if Zeemis would see which exploits he didn't cover, he would hardly accept my video as valid.

I could have been able to do that in one day, but i don't have all that time, so i used when possible an hour or 2 of free time... here we go!

4) Tenkarider Vs Global Boss Challenge(made by Zeemis)
download link... Actually 5 of 8 bosses have a dead link Finger
As far as i know, only Lockirby2 and i(because LK passed to me the file) have the whole challenge files(PM one of us, if you want to play this challenge)

The battle..? whatever it is:

My judge depends on:
- The design of the boss battles;
- Exploits to the bosses(the unwanted ones);
- Good or bad choices;
- If there's a proportional increase of difficulty from a boss to another one.

Since there are 8 bosses, i'm gonna split the vote in 8 parts and then merge the result in one final judge, so a great boss will be ignored if on the other side there's also an awful one.

First of all, i'm gonna mention the 2 terrible exploits i found:

- Bosses have their Metamorph(Ragnarok esper) resistance unmodified, so all of them have from good(12.50%) to piece o' cake(99.60%) chances to being morphed, only HP loops lifes will save them from being pathetically easy to kill;

- The infamous Old Espers Exploit: since he made some patch on existing hacks, other than different weapons/spells/allies/commands/etc. there will be also custom espers, called with summon command: in order to avoid the player to use the old espers, he tweaked 'em to make kill yourself(even with death immunity), if you use espers... the problem is that he forgot to remove the possibility of change manually the target of the espers... the bosses are running away, as i speak... Finger

1) Light and darkness crystals:
Now, any monster which can be affected from all the status(death included), cannot be considered a boss, no matter which AI he has... so those guys won't have a judge... from me, at least.
VOTE: N/A

2) Emperor Gestahl + 4 orbs:
The design of this formation is cool, the boss has 4 minions, and they cover specific roles(Striker, supporter/healer, HP drain, MP drain).
All together they do a great job, if you wanna win without too much troubles, you should break their harmony in less than 3 turns(before Overcast), one of the best ways is to cut their MP with Rasp, even because they have just 999 MP.
Besides, the Ragnarok exploit won't impact too much on the battle: it almost seems more like a strategic factor, which to target with Ragnarok... btw you can use it only once.
VOTE: 8/10

3) Emerald Weapon:
Ragnarok exploit is merciless, due to having 99.60% chances to being morphed, still he has 6 lives(about 300.000 HP), but they'll just make last the battle some extra minute, nothing else.
This time you have Summon as normal command(it should be dummied), with that you'll be able to cast endlessly the equiped esper... so he'll die after 6 Ragnaroks.
His attacks will never do more than 3500 damage, so you just have to equip muscle belts to the party and use Megalixirs(you have 99 of them...)
PS. spamming 8 x massive attack will lead to the same result.

4) Maenad & Bahamut:
Ragnarok exploit is less relevant(Maenad -> 12.50%, Bahamut -> 50%), in exchange we'll have the Old esper exploit usable... 4 death bullets(1 ally = 1 esper) to crush 4 of her 6 lives(it will work even while she's invincible and summons Bahamut), then it will be possible to shorten the battle, trying to eat the last 2 lives with Summon esper Magic Pot(same effect of Ragnarok), or just finish her...
Btw i did also a more normal battle with her, using only Magic Pot as Exploit... still it's really easy to handle the battle: just set the party with 128% Mblock and you'll dodge almost all her attacks... Bahamut with Megaflare should be strong, but since he's weak to berserk or morph... no.
At least it's possible to do a decent battle, even if just for few time...
VOTE: 6/10

5) 4 Elemental Crystals:
The pros are the same of Gestahl battle, but their formation is even more solid: - Earth Crystal(99.60% morph chance) will spam Earth attacks;
- Fire Crystal(99.60%) will swap with a bait(12.5%), which has some strong attack, then he'll cast fire stuff;
- Water Crystal(50%) will switch elemental resistances of himself and his allies, then will cast some water/non elemental spell;
- Wind Crystal(12.5%) basically the core of the battle: he starts buffing his party, his special will easily one shot an ally, and... if you kill one of his guys before him, then he'll automatically revive him, or himself if he didn't die as first(except the fire bait). That will jam your attempts of exploit with Ragnarok... the best bossfight of the challenge for me.
VOTE: 9/10

6) Ozma(99.60%) :
See Emerald Weapon, for references... even worse you'll be healed permanently from his Doomsday(with proper gears), until at least one ally will be in mute status(at the beginning, with his Curse spell)... Finger

7) Proto-Babil(12.50%) :
Same pros and cons of Maenad, but without an(useless) ally and with 2 extra lives.
He hits hard and you cannot dodge him, especially in the second form, which is really vicious.
So the Old espers exploit will work, then you have 4 death bullets, plus some potential extra death, caused from Magic Pot.
Still you'll have to use them wisely: it's not a good idea to use 'em immediately and then face the second form... better to fight him until he changes form, and then finish him with old espers.
VOTE: 8/10

8) Omega Mk.IV(12.50%) :
He'd probably deserved a 9 or 10/10, but that will be impossible(for the same reason i won't give him N/A), due to being beatable with the King of all the exploits: while Ragnarok is impossible to be effective, The old esper exploit will be effective(even with the invincible barrier on) and... unlike the other bosses, in which you can use the old esper exploit, this time you can use Gogo with Mimic command, that means endless death bullets... and so you'll win in less than 2 minutes ;[ (besides he has 6 lives, less than Proto-Babil)
Since that was too much lame, and just to prove that i can beat all of them without exploits, i also did a serious fight with Omega(the only one of the video).
The chances to attack are really few, but with the right timing you won't waste any of them, i acted mainly with the striker and, when necessary, with the others.
VOTE: 7/10

Overall challenge's review:
- Boss battle design -> 7/10 there's a bunch of good ideas, like Maenad, 4 crystals, etc. at the same time there's some of them which is rather banal, like Emerald Weapon... i wonder why he didn't add the 2 blue and yellow orbs that appears in FF7...;
- Exploits ->
[Image: ROD-06-GL0004-01P.JPG]
(the only difference is that this cheese has less holes than this hack...)
3/10, really disappointing: after all the work behind, there's still 2 exploits like those 2? there's not even a boss without an exploit... the morph resistance rate is important as much as the death immunity flag, since this was an official challenge of FF6 hacking site, i was expecting to not find something like that...;
- Good/bad choices -> 8/10 most of them was pretty nice: there's map/event editing, new equip/command/set/skill and many other choices that gives you a plenty of choices about your strategy, or which are just nice to see, still i don't get why talking about some restriction, if then the hack always provides you at least 4 copies of all the items of the game(sometimes even 99)...;
- Proportional increase of difficulty? -> 6/10 the chart is quite unstable: we pass from no challenge to good challenge, and then no challenge again... besides, exploits or not, Ozma and Emerald are beatable without make 'em even act at all... Ozma isn't worth of being the 6th boss.

FINAL JUDGE: 6/10 a lot of good features/ideas are put together, but sounds like this work has been done in hurry, which is not exactly the best approach, when hacking... so my message is: FIX MORPH ODDS AND REMOVE OLD ESPER EXPLOIT!! well, i guess it's too much late...
Not so much big those guys, afterall...

PS. seeing Lockirby2 video, after i posted here, i realized that Asura Summon Sets in Life 3 status, and i never been aware about that... Finger

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • ShinMrKarate (11-09-2014)

Status
Atma
5) Tenkarider VS Zuriel EX(version 1.1, made by Gi Nattak)
No need of presentations, the infamous guy made talk about him, and since he born accidentally and will never appear again, i'll treat this video like a "tribute" to him, or something:

Since it's quite another guy and the playthough is ended, i'll place him as a superboss instead of the other thread.
Despite i make a savestate before Zuriel in the very end i never used it since i won at the first try(while recording) and that's a relief... i wanted to use it in case of failure because the way i fight tiers 1-3 is literally identical.
The game provides you 10 quicksilver, but since the save comes from 1.3 rom and there was a programming error which allowed the player to obtain an extra Quicksilver, i used one immediately from Dark Gaia, so that i had the regular number of Quicksilvers when i fought Zuriel.
I also used other 2 ones from Sephiroth-Jenova because his moveset might easily make you lose some ally before fighting Zuriel or even Annihilate the party.

- Difficulty: 8/10 -> he has a deadly combo that will kill you, except in the case
you have something like Arc, Eiko or tons of Quicksilvers(according to my
experience i'm really sure it's possible to kill him before the combo using lots
of Quicksilvers, since his battle timer will freeze as well);
his attack are very fast and some move won't be even dodgeable,(and easily
one shot 1/all allies) despite that, if you didn't rage quit already, you'll figure out
his AI is almost static, really predictable.
If you have a perfect melee evade tank and survive to most dangerous
segments of his AI there there will be a good window of time to take a breath
and counterattack.

- Challenge: 6/10 -> to describe it in one word... static, the only unknown factor is
the istant of the battle in which his normal routine will be interrupted from the
deadly combo routine; the other annoying thing is that the fight forces you to
have Eiko and/or Arc.(or Quicksilvers)
Another thing is that the only parameter which really counts is evasion since
there's a plenty of one shot attacks, how much you're strong affects only how
much time the fight will last and increase/decrease the chances of keeping to
dodge his deadly combo...(due to a loss of concentration) all what you need is an
ultima spell which is able to deal around 9999 damage and it's all ok(as far you
don't miss combo's timing)

- Strategy: 10/10 -> the battle is all about following a certain fixed strategy to the
point of being a puzzle, rather than a fight. understand his script and figure it out
step by step is hardly not an option; the fact you need at least 1 among the 2 key
characters also means that you have to calculate even how the battle against the
other 3 tiers will end and calculate eventual character swaps if you need of that.

- Fun factor: ?/10 -> it really depends on your skill and patience... the range
should be between 2 and 6, the battle itself against Zuriel potentially lasts even
less than half an hour, but ther fact you have to deal with other 3 battles before,
makes the whole fight last longer, there's a couple of checkpoints(inside his AI)
in which it's gameover if you're not ready to react few actions before, due to his
speed you can't keep ATB timeline too much busy, or you won't be able to save
yourself in time, hence Eiko or Arc and maybe another one ally should not act.
Pro or not, what really kills the fun is dying, not because you lost as much as the
fact you have to restart the whole thing(even the cutscene in the case you won't
even use savestates right before starting the whole fight)
Something that cheers you through the whole fight is the song: i like a lot the
song used for tiers, it motivates you to climb until reach Zuriel.
If you ask me, the actual thing i really don't like is that there's few space for
character customization against Zuriel.

FINAL JUDGE: 7.5/10 -> Not much elaborated AI, but the fight is tough, nice atmosphere and everything, the "deadly combo" idea is original but too much extreme.
To describe better the battle: the winner is... the cheapest between Zuriel and the Allies.

Find