Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General Discussion Thread

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear you are having an enjoyable playthrough thus far, minus the jumping between building issue. Still not sure exactly what is causing that for some. Actually I know the culprit, but since the patches were applied to fix that I'm not sure how. Did you patch the ROM or was it a pre-patched one? If you patched it which patching utility did you use? Anyways though the way I've been resolving it for most is sending them a pre-patched ROM that is was patched 100% correctly and the jumps are working. So let's try that and hopefully it will solve it for you as well so you can continue on!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Thanks, Gi! I did patch the an original, vanilla ROM myself, using SNES Tool to add the header. Since I have Windows 7, I actually had to set up a Virtual Machine of Windows XP on my laptop in order to use SNES Tool. I obtained the ROM from emuparadise, and went through a few of them before I found one that actually worked. I won't share the URL, since I don't want to break any rules with ROM's, etc. Lots of hours were spent trying to get this hack to work correctly, and it was totally worth it, even with this issue. Sorry that I gotta bother you with sending a pre-patched ROM to me (if/when you find time); was trying to avoid that.

It was your ROM that got me to find this website back in August. Since then, I've completed BNW and have tried other hacks as well. Pretty awesome community you guys have here.
  Find

Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
@ccrunner i personally used SNESstuff for adding the header and Ninja Patch for adding the patch, and it's worked pretty much perfectly aside from that one crash...that hasn't happened since.

also have you tried using V1.1 of RoTDS instead of just v1.0?

(just my 2 cents worth on your problem and whats worked for me)

also quick question that is of minor-no importance, is the green soldier who stands in front of the orphanage supposed to stay there permanently in the WOB? i just figured he would have left when the soldiers left Mist, i dunno why i bother trying to go there, just running around making sure i've finished everything before moving on.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yes he remains there, sadly, just due to not having enough dialog boxes left to have all the children say something different if you were to go back, and like if Arc is in the party they would say something else. I'll see how much dialog boxes and bytes come from changing the Auction House into a church, it should be quite a bit so maybe that can be a possibility for the next large update. I'd really like for the soldier to leave after the banquet and the children come back out!
One thing I was going to try and portray through dialog to sort of explain why the soldier is there, is that monster attacks are becoming too frequent, and the orphanage was in danger... but I realize that does not get portrayed at all in the game. I mean, for the orphanage. Lots of NPCs talk about the monster issue becoming worse in general.

Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Today i tried to kill Kraid and get the lore spell from him, at least i assumed that i was going to have it (shadow Flare) but... de used it (twice to make sure), and i didnt learn, like quasar on the Avalons's mind boss

EDIT. Also, Oak still on desert island... and is there any use for "Books" rare item ( the #1 spiderman)... i pretty sure i talked with every body i found on world and didnt find any clue about it

EDIT 2. since i got to WoR i noticed and forgotten to say here, on Thistle, the NPC on north woods is there for u to talk, event thought there's no sprite, and no collision, like he's a ghost that u can pass by, but u still can talk to him.
  Find

Status
None
i always had this really, "WEIRD" idea of over coming the games limitations in terms of dialogue/maps monsters and so on. i just don't know if it would work or would cause issues xD using 2 Roms, instead of just 1 with atleast 1 identical map to make the transition, like one would be WoB and the other for WoR, (similar to current day "disk swapping") this "could" give hackers so much more room to work with. just a really stupid thought i'm not much of a hacker so i don't know if it would work.

i plan on following this playing it as you update, so i may end up having to start new games and if you change the auction house, how are you going to make the 2 specific espers obtainable?

....using teleport in arena, i've always hated arena's AI....

i do gota say though, anything involving FuSoYa and Golbez are completely unbalanced difficulty. and the biggest reason for it is Fusoya is squishy as heck, and golbez has next to no mp >.<
  Find

Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
@Land Yep, Gi hooked me up with a fix to the problem, and we are all good to go. I did then try using SNESstuff to add both the header and the patch, with no success. Just for the heck of it, I'll try Ninja Patch and follow your advice; I'm curious to see if I can replicate your results. Thanks for the help, though.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(11-10-2014, 09:49 AM)Lucifer Wrote: Today i tried to kill Kraid and get the lore spell from him, at least i assumed that i was going to have it (shadow Flare) but... de used it (twice to make sure), and i didnt learn, like quasar on the Avalons's mind boss

EDIT. Also, Oak still on desert island... and is there any use for "Books" rare item ( the #1 spiderman)... i pretty sure i talked with every body i found on world and didnt find any clue about it

EDIT 2. since i got to WoR i noticed and forgotten to say here, on Thistle, the NPC on north woods is there for u to talk, event thought there's no sprite, and no collision, like he's a ghost that u can pass by, but u still can talk to him.

Damn this is troubling news about learning the Lores. Have you noticed if he is able to learn any Lores at all?

There is not any use for the books, but that is a great idea, they should have a use. I'll write that down on the things to do list.

That NPC ghost is strange I'll see what's up there as well.

Thanks for these findings.

@ Land - The magicites would be available to be bought, or rather rewards for donating a certain amount of Gil. It will be like you get items for donating money, and the magicites would be near the top of the list of rewards. Pretty basic system. It will need a custom event command coded for it to work right to keep track of the amount of Gil donated, but Madsiur said he could do that sometime.

Status
None
that's really cool, would sure beat having to go through the talkabo 50 times just to get 1 magicite.
  Find

Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Gi, yes, hes learning all other Lore, all I have right now are

Death Sentence
Tsunami
Aquatic Breath
Aero
1000 needles
Mighty Guard (that i learned only seeing in battle)
Revenge
White Wind (again, I've seen enemy casting and did get it )
Level 5 Death
Level 4 Flare
Level 3 Confuse
Reflect ???
Level ? Holy
Orb of travel
Black Shock
Bad Breath
Transfusion
Rippler
Rock Barrage

I still didn't go hunt for every lore yet, but as soon as i get to lvl 53 and defeat all statues, thats my next target ( right now avg lvl on my party is 45, it was more than enough to kill Shenron, but i couldn't do much on Ex-Death [but the real reason is that couldn't steal him with my lvl 47 Oboro] )

Question - there's no paladin shield ????

And two requests / idea
- Wasn't there a way to not be able to lose the special Dog status (like, an hack) (for oboro, i lost mine by accident, and my last hard save was on floating island... not that this is really necessary, as I'll go on new game+ soon )
- At Least one set of exclusive equip for Shadow (besides relics), because as he is now, its not worth the spot on group... (BTW, when I'm buying scrolls on shops, Shadow act like he can equip they)
  Find