Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General Discussion Thread

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(11-08-2014, 01:39 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: About the grungy songs, there are quite a few heavy metal-esque tunage going on sometimes, I couldn't resist lol. Funny thing is I'm much more into hip hop, but hearing FFVI blast out metal songs excites the hell out of me, for lack of a better explanation. I went with the heaviest one for Kefka simply because I think it fits his more badass character I tried to give him, more than the original anyway, for obvious reasons. And nothing says evil badass more than death metal imo. I knew going into it a variety of people would not like certain song choices in the game, and others not liking other certain songs, so what I did was pick songs that I liked the best Wink

Yeah, music is such a subjective thing that you really can't please everybody. This is definitely a case of "make the hack that you'd want to play". And this is coming from somebody who really dislikes metal (and incidentally, hip-hop as well). I still like the majority of your song choices though. I feel as though people coming back to FF6 after a long time may be more likely to dislike the music changes, as they won't get that nostalgic feeling that they are looking for from playing FF6 again. But as somebody who has played FF6 a bunch recently, it's nice to shake things up and hear something different for a change. And there's a lot of variety here, including songs that I do know and ones that I don't.

Confused Moogles FTW

Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I'm curious about something, something that caught my eye in the readme file for this hack. Is there any particular reason why it says that the hack has to be used on Zsnes, and no other emulator? That part always baffles me as the hack works perfectly on SnesGT, Snes9x, Higan and Snes9x Next.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I believe that this was because the hack was originally tested on ZSNES and that was all Nattak was certain about before. Now that SNES9x is confirmed to work, I'd suspect it could be recommended as well, if Nattak feels confident about it.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Is there something more about Shenron than defeating him to get another Aeon Crystal ? (forgot to try to steal it -_-, time to go back on save and do it again -_- )

And the graphic that i mentioned all done on same part of map, they all about i getting on place that i should be under but instead I'm on "upper" part.

http://postimg.org/image/wg0jsouqb/

EDIT. on my 2nd fight with Shenron, he did one barrier change that it done the most OP thing.... NOTHING...
  Find

Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(11-09-2014, 02:06 AM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I believe that this was because the hack was originally tested on ZSNES and that was all Nattak was certain about before. Now that SNES9x is confirmed to work, I'd suspect it could be recommended as well, if Nattak feels confident about it.

Just curious is all, but it makes sense now xD I'll leave it at that for....reasons Tongue
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-08-2014, 10:47 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: Is there any particular reason why it says that the hack has to be used on Zsnes, and no other emulator? That part always baffles me as the hack works perfectly on SnesGT, Snes9x, Higan and Snes9x Next.

Gi Nattak Wrote:There have been reports of song pops, static and bleeping/glitchy sound issues with some songs on other emulators, especially Snes9x.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (11-09-2014)

Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
erm, any chance you can...FIX the genji glove. it's like entirely broken and almost unusable the way it is...it'll auto equip 2 weapons, but you cant change them individually on your own, which makes them almost useless.
the sky pirate guy seems to have the same problem as well naturally, the only one not seemingly messed up is avalon.
  Find

Status
None
Hit nvm~ saw the other thread just now and noticed you uploaded again x.o blah
whoever set the forum for moderate posts :c once i saw that i wanted to edit/delete my post but cant cuz of "moderation"~ grrr...

time to go update.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah it's been updated, should be working right now.
And sorry about the post edit thingy! 1st post from a new user needs to be verified first is what happened.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
well it "works" however it's still quite buggy, with oboro and mog (maybe others idk) so that you have to take off there left hand weapons to change there right hand weapons, then equip the left hand again.

such a hassle to equip 2 thief knifes cause i like to steal *_*

also a while back a noticed a "minor" visual bug, if you use beam blade..or whatever it's called, on a group of 5 rumble bees. and it targets the top one, it goes off the bottom of the screen in order to hit it...

also broken sprites in the chat box during some events are disturbing o-o,

andddd... oboro is so lifeless at the esper gate events, is it possible to give him some motions instead of just standing there while everyone else does stuff? (thats just me being nitpicky about it though lmao)

i gota say, i LOVE what you did with him though, making him appear/available in many more locations. i always wanted that with shadow,
  Find