General Discussion Thread

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Updated to 1.1!

v1.1 changes:
- fixed a bug with massive gil drops with Reaper in the party.
- corrected a song issue with getting Mog in the WoR if you didn't get him in the WoB.
- changed the Lava Demon to 2 battles instead of 3.
- removed game over from battles in flashback.
- fixed a glitch of an invisable Oak in his house if you bring him to the airship.
- fixes an issue with dual weapon wielders in the equip screen (thanks & credit to Synchysi)
- some minor nerfs to some bosses.

The link(s) are the same as before if you want to re-download it. Thank you!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
One question how you defeat Omega MK4 ? Does he have like 20 HP bars ? Because i broken his invincibility and keep fighting it... and he didnt die ! (still on 1.0, getting 1.1 right now )

And why Astral have Zohar Shard ? Its some kind of joke ??? I really laugh a lot when i saw that... couldnt he have something useful instead ? (Like Celestriad... okay, no more jokes ) the way he's now i really would use Heartless instead of him.

BTW, is there a 14th char (besides the dolls) ?

EDIT. that sad moment when you realize that you lost your dog.... -_- ill miss cerberus !
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Nerfed bosses?!? Sad

Btw, my bro was asking if there wasn't any problem to patch the 1.1 on his 1.0, without ruining the save...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Status
None
Never patch over an old patch. All patches should go over a vanilla copy of the ROM.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
@ Lucifer - And why Astral have Zohar Shard ? Its some kind of joke ??? I really laugh a lot when i saw that... couldnt he have something useful instead ? (Like Celestriad... okay, no more jokes ) the way he's now i really would use Heartless instead of him.

Wooow lol, it does seem like a joke... but no, that was my mistake. I don't know wtf I was thinking. Or not thinking, rather. I might have to update the ROM for this, not a 1.2 but just update it regardless. Not that it's super crucial, just embarrassing! Thanks for letting me know.

Also no, there is not a 14th char, hopefully someday but for now there is not, just the doll guest characters.

@ Tenkarider, yeah what dn said. You can still use the same save though. Just have the name of the ROM and the save the same.

Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey, i tried downloading your mod and when i tried playing your mod on ff7 1.0 header rom, it locked up before going to the title screen when i tried it on snes9x and zsnes
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I will...send you a personal message here. It must have not been a headered ROM, or an issue with the patching program, or who knows what anymore.

Status
None
Gi, the problem that Zara pointed out was the same as mine, but i got the rom that you mentioned on rotds site.

Right now my char are on 42 avg lvl (Oboro is 46, my MVP... for steal mostly ), already defeated 6 of 8 Dragons, got almos all chest on Kefka tower ( didn't defeat de monter in a box, nor the new "Atma" ) and found something strange, did you remove the Inferno battle ? (The boss on vanilla that apears above you on teh Magitek-like part)

I also Defeated Gilgamesh and Azala, and my comments on those bosses ( including dragons so far ):

[There are little spoilers on strategy that may ruin the challenge]

ABout the dragons

ICE (Steal = Crystal Orb)- Easy, nothing really hard needed

WIND (Steal = didn mark -_-) - OMG IT'S EVASION !... Relm is a must for a more easy going, Summon + Vanish make life so easy ! (But i won without her, keep spamming Vanish whenever needed)

EARTH (Steal = again didnt mark ¬¬)- Angel Pendant + Relm... Again, wasn't using Relm... but as my attacks were hitting, this one was easier.

FIRE (Steal = Fire Cloak)- Just think, nothing does damage him, soooo.... "HEY DRAGON, feel my bad breath and look back while i reraise all my party... and now u are a lil monster"

WATER (Steal = nothing really good, i think it was a magic Tab)- Did he just quake me ???? WHAT!!!! I ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF THIS !!!... gotta love Soul Booster...

HOLY SHIT (Steal = GodHand)- no, really, i only had 2 pieces of equip that nulled holy... buuuut the dragon itself dont give so much trouble, more time and patience... and it dropped Holy Lance, and after i got another one ! (intentional ? )

Gilgamesh (Steal = Mark V Armor)- First parte is a breeze, second can be Heaven or Hell, either you make he cry or he trash you, again, vanish is a must.

Azala & Asmodeus (Steal = Chrono Helm on Azala, Dragon Ball on Asmodeus [This joke...])- First remember CT, BYE AZALA ASAP. After that you are left with a really fast god, almost gave up when he get to last phase -_- and keep spamming the OHKO skill that i forgot name... SLOW make his shine here...

Moreover, beside Azala, is there any other enemie that does the Force Field ??? And on fight against the boss on Avalon's mind, i had FuSoYa, he casted Quasar, and i didnt learn, was Quasar removed ? One question that i wanted to ask times ago is what does FORCE (Soultaker 2nd command) exactly do (I mean, if it is based on what stats, have elemental, ig. def, etc. ) ?

[EDIT] Found for what Undead Crown is for, and i've saw some minor graphic errors on the extra map...
  Find

Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Man you are getting a lot of whiners on Romhacking.net over a sprite which looks just fine, especially for something that was done for free on your own time
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
@ Lucifer - i had FuSoYa, he casted Quasar, and i didnt learn, was Quasar removed ? One question that i wanted to ask times ago is what does FORCE (Soultaker 2nd command) exactly do (I mean, if it is based on what stats, have elemental, ig. def, etc. ) ?
[/i]

Quaser was not removed for Fusoya to learn... strange, I'll look into that.

Found for what Undead Crown is for, and i've saw some minor graphic errors on the extra map...

Which map are we talking about here?

---

@ DJKool - Man you are getting a lot of whiners on Romhacking.net over a sprite which looks just fine, especially for something that was done for free on your own time

Yeah man, well I half expected it from that site. The sprite looks fine to me as well, of course it's not going to look like it fits in with the others that well, but really I don't think it's that out of place. And like you say, it's a free damn hack so why even hate on it like that. Ah well. =)