Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
General Discussion Thread

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(01-20-2019, 03:14 PM)MysticLord Wrote: Really like the new soundtrack. Insane mode lives up to its name.

Right on, glad you are enjoying it thus far! The Insane mode I've always debated calling New Game + mode, because it might be better played for a New Game + (which is a thing much later on), but I've heard that it's not THAT tough on a NG+ with powerful characters/items etc. And Tenkarider proved a while back that it can be attempted on a non-NG+ and could be seemingly possible.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Well if there's a NG+ mode then f* that, I'm playing on hard.

Edit

Is Tritoch supposed to game over me?

Edit ok cool thanks Ill knock it out. I'm on expert mode btw.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
glad you're enjoying it, I am working on one last sprite before we release 2.0, I'm keeping that character a surprise, but I will say this, it is a completely custom character, once it is done and we do one more thorough testing of the game, we will finally release 2.0, although there are a handful of many little tweaks and stuff we still want to do, its best we finally give something to everyone, its been much longer than we initially planned but I feel like its worth it considering all the new additions to what we put in

BUT its still not finished, we have several tweaks and touch ups to many things to make it even less vanilla (and we already did PLENTY), not to mention a handful of new events once we get other things in order (still a major road block)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Nattak\'d
(01-25-2019, 02:53 PM)SSJ Rick Wrote: BUT its still not finished, we have several tweaks and touch ups to many things to make it even less vanilla (and we already did PLENTY), not to mention a handful of new events once we get other things in order (still a major road block)

Well it's as finished as it's going to be for a really long time, if not ever. All the other 'stuff' is just on paper, ideas, yours mostly lmao. I'm fine with much of the vanilla stuff that remains, I never planed to do a complete re-working of the game like Crimson Echoes did to Chrono Trigger. I mean, I hope (sort of) to someday get around to putting in more work on additional events and vanilla changes and what-not, but I certainly don't want anyone waiting around instead for another large update after this/don't wanna hype up a future version that may or may not ever drop, especially before 2.0 is even officially out lol.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello! So I've been searching for a new rom hack to play and all my looking has lead me here. I was wondering, because it looks like the hack is about to update, does enough change to where you'd say I should wait a bit for 2.0 or would I still have an enjoyable time on the current version?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hello and welcome!

Please do wait for 2.0, it's a really large update with many various changes and fixes and is virtually ready to be released. It's just a couple final things left that may or may not make it, will probably give it another week and see what happens by then.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Kamatte (01-29-2019)

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
@Gi Nattak

Hello there, was trying to find out from posts
But is there a list of team members who are and have been working on this hack ?

It appears that your group has had to overcome many things
To make such amazing progress with this hack.

Also, it appears that version 2.0.0 will be releasing in 2019
Will your team create a new intro-trailer for this hack ?
The old one is so cool, and I usually show the youtube video to my Final Fantasy buddies.

Status
Nattak\'d
Here on the download page you can view the credits link to see who was associated with the creation of the hack, and everything else:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-2726.html

The main team has been myself, poco loco (goes by other names at times), Angelo (who has retired from the scene), madsiur, James White, and while not going to the extremes of time & work invested/devotion to that hack that we have, Jackimus (music) and Lord Envoy (monster ai). We are all just friends who put in work when and where we can. But yeah check the credits it's much more thorough. I'll of course be updating the credits once 2.0 drops, with more deserved credits.

James and I were discussing doing another video trailer for this, but unfortunately it won't be happening due to some real life inconvenience to say the least on James' side, I'll leave it at that. Unless someone else volunteers to do one! Lockirby's one was very well done indeed, I could come nothing close to something of that quality.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • break (02-10-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-09-2019, 05:30 PM)break Wrote: But is there a list of team members who are and have been working on this hack ?

I have made a contributors list on the FF6 wiki. There is also a more general RotDS section with sub-sections here.

(02-09-2019, 06:30 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Unless someone else volunteers to do one! Lockirby's one was very well done indeed, I could come nothing close to something of that quality.

Video editing is a skill anyone can pick up! I understand there can be valid reasons to not make a 2.0 trailer, but "I've never done a trailer" should not be the only one : )
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • break (02-10-2019), SSJ Rick (02-15-2019)

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
Ok, this is just a random thing, but I would like to make a small request. The first two times I've played this mod, I had a LOT of difficulty getting into the altered Phantom Forest area. The reason why is simple. The entrance to that area on the world map is only one 'spot' wide, while the entrance for the forest itself as a whole is something like three to five spots wide. That makes it easy to accidentally 'miss' the entrance there. I would like to ask that the entrace on the world map be widened a bit to make it impossible to avoid that.

The reason I make this request is I want my nephew to play this mod, and this seems like a simple thing, but considering it left me stumped for a bit trying to figure out where the entrance was, I can only imagine how off-putting and frustrating it would be for my younger nephew.
  Find