Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
General Discussion Thread

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Land,
Yes for Jabberwocky, his beam out is like Brachiosaur's sneeze and works on all your characters. In the case of a pincer, it can only work on 2 at a time because of how it projects.

Also the animation for Anima looks fine when you realize it's just Alexander's animation from vanilla Tongue
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
yeah i know about it being alexander xD that's why i asked if they could edit it some Tongue to make it look more appropriate.

and if it's the replacement for sneeze, it needs to be able to animate multiple times like sneeze did, not just on 1 char.

i'm not sure how this bug never got discovered, but in jericho the fence by the trans dimensional gateway, if you are standing right beside it and walk right, you will go through the fence. slight oversight? xD
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
can you show a screenshot please?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
@Land - Ah yeah I know about them, those tiles all around there are stubborn and seem to have properties that allow the player to go through them from the left. I might take another crack at trying to work on that, thanks.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
i think some of your treasure chests are linked together, like ones i've never opened are open already when i get to them.

is that supposed to happen? Tongue

i noticed that stats gained by doll char's disappear after they dismiss and are re summoned, like reaper had 101 might, changed my group summoned him again, he was back down to 93, this cant be intentional is it?
  Find

Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I was wondering if you could explain the mechanics behind boss monster's HP gauges. I've accepted the fact that a boss can have more HP than what Scan actually tells you. Someone earlier mentioned it acting similar to a boss having multiple "HP Bars". However, I've also experienced occasions where a boss has had an inconsistent amount of "HP Bars". It is slightly frustrating not knowing then general amount of HP a boss has, and how to plan my tactics accordingly regarding who to kill first.

Case in point, I've fought (and died, which is OK) Azala and Asmodeus numerous times now. Some of my battles have resulted in Asmodeus dying after 2 rounds of focused lighting attacks from my party. Other battles have seen Asmodeus taking the same amount of damage (or much, much more) without dying. There is no apparent recovery going on (Curaga, absorbing poison damage, etc.) that I can see, unless I am missing a huge mechanic. Any insight?
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Battlescript hp loop... something like:

If monster dies & hp related variable = 0 -> monster dies;
(else)
If monster dies -> make respawn that monster(without animation) ;
hp related variable is decreased by 1;

The player won't see anything, unless the programmer will add some animation on purpose.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
OK, thanks tenK. At least I know that it's actually a planned script. Any idea why, in the example I gave, Asmodeus would have a different HP Related Variable from battle to battle? I suppose only Gi would know the answer to that.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I may actually know the answer: someone talked about the need of placing a buffer in order to avoid to have the boss being one-shotted from some particular attacks, like a black belt counter... so they make loop the hp bar before the boss actually dies, still i never understood this point, since my Czar Dragon loops the HP bar when he dies, no matter what... Finger

So the bosses you're talking about might loop when they're under 15000 HP, so one time it may loop when he's under 5000 hp, one other time may loop when he's barely under 14000 hp... that may explain the randomness of the HP of the boss...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
"i'm not sure how this bug never got discovered, but in jericho the fence by the trans dimensional gateway, if you are standing right beside it and walk right, you will go through the fence. slight oversight? xD" - Land

I came across that while testing it and reported it at the time, but sadly my comp I'm using lacked any way of uploading pics at that time to clarify. You're talking about the fence around the mayor's house thats to the right of the gateway, correct? I remember it being possible to walk through a portion of the left fencing when walking right (beside the couple barrels) as well as the bottom section (left to right) having the top half of the fencing floating above your character.

Seeing as I'm nowhere near that spot on the release version, I'll hunt down one of my saves from when it was in Beta and just rename a copy of the current ROM so I can get a picture up.

EDIT: [Image: rihe8l.jpg]

I photoshopped an arrow pointing to the fence piece you're talking about. Otis is standing 1 tile to the left of it.

[Image: 11905c4.jpg]

Pic 2 shows the spot I mentioned about the fence part that's floating above Otis's head. Went ahead and boxed-in the whole striip where it occurs.

Sorry if the images are a bit small. They were taken with PSP Snes9x's snapshot which only saves one at a time for when you're on the rom list.
  Find