Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Game freeze spotted.

[In WOB, After getting the first 3 espers] When I entered Sunfall City, I did the desert "chime" mini game. After that, I would leave the main area, whether it was to leave the town or to enter a shop, everything was fine. BUT, if I tried to reenter Sunfall City, the game would stay black and freeze up.
I had to reload my game from an hour back and go through everything without doing that mini game (which i won by the way!)
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Ah this is terrible news! I think I jinxed it by saying yesterday that the hack seems bug free now finally...
What's more is I'm sure I tested the heck out of that NPC after the event. I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks for the report and sorry for the trouble.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Nattak\'d
I can't seem to replicated the freeze. I'm at the same point here in the game right after Zozo, I do the desert chime quest then leave town and come back and all is good. Is there any other details you can think of that might help to figure this out? I even tried doing the chime quest before Zozo, after Zozo, after talking to the Impressario to trigger the Opera House, and after the Magitek Factory even. I'll of course keep trying here, but as it is I'm able to do the quest and leave the town and come back and the NPC is gone and the town does not freeze, and the event code certainly looks to reflect this.

Might you happen to have that save from earlier or I suppose anywhere if it's still in the WoB that you could send me, that may help speed this along.
Also, did you mention that you're on a new game +? That shouldn't matter, but since I can't seem to replicate it I'd like to take all things into account. Perhaps if the New Game + was used on previous save data and crossed over to v2.4 this becomes an issue. Again I doubt it, but *shrugs*.

Status
None
Dang man, I didn't know you responded! Sorry.. 
But, I had to start my game over.. Sad

I'm in the WOR now with no glitches but I skipped that chime event, DAMN!
Could it be the emulator itself?
I'm using John SNES lite (it has the best controls). I think. I'm playing on Android phone currently, but I also use snes9x v1.56 on my windows computer (touch screen computer  Shrug ).

Let me know when you do that "emergency patch"
(?) that grants a super op item after completing a new game plus on insane difficulty every time the game is completed  Laugh

Do you remember the first time i ever played your game? I left a very long review for 1.86 and had the bugged OP AS F*CK Eiko lol
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ah I see. Uh oh how come you had to start over? Not another bug I hope? Were you on a New Game + before?

I highly doubt the emulator could be at fault, it sounds like a classic entrance event freeze that I've caused plenty of times before lol.

But yeah I still can't seem to get it to freeze, so there can't be an emergency patch to fix what I cannot reproduce >_<

I remember very little these days (lol), but I definitely remember your review! Those who take the time to leave a review on RH.net I will remember for the rest of my days Laugh

And yes Eiko was OP.

Sooo if you happen to have absolutely nothing else to do and are crazy enough to start a new game just to test this possible town freeze, I'd be grateful. Or if anyone else who sees this and wants to assist, I won't try to stop ya! Possible bugs like this stay on my mind until I either fix them or know for a fact it's not an actual issue. Most of the time it's the former..

Status
None
Oh, the emergency patch i was talking about wasn't actually about the game freezing, it was a patch to give me an op item after NG+! This way I can beat the game on insane mode, 16+ times to get the item (im begging you to put in the game) on each of my characters!

It couldn't take THAT long (could it?) to make an OP relic that changes the characters appearance or gives cool bonus and then give send me said patch Smile?

Oh, BTW, ill check for bugs again for you. May have been a patching issue - I patched the rom with almost every bonus patch you gave

Here's the video I had made of that bugged Eiko lol

https://youtu.be/1ZlAFcu_7VE
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Fein-Life for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (12-06-2020)

Status
Nattak\'d
(12-01-2020, 03:09 PM)Fein-Life Wrote: Can you make the timer go over 99 hours? I really wanna see how much I put into this game lol

Some good news about this, I had forgotten that Step Mine does not utilize the game timer anymore for its MP cost, thanks to a patch by Lufia that takes the actual step count into consideration instead, so I was able to re-apply Leviathan Mist's 255 hour patch and make the necessary position adjustments for the edited menu. So this will be included in the next update.

Status
None
(12-06-2020, 05:26 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:09 PM)Fein-Life Wrote: Can you make the timer go over 99 hours? I really wanna see how much I put into this game lol

Some good news about this, I had forgotten that Step Mine does not utilize the game timer anymore for its MP cost, thanks to a patch by Lufia that takes the actual step count into consideration instead, so I was able to re-apply Leviathan Mist's 255 hour patch and make the necessary position adjustments for the edited menu. So this will be included in the next update.

'Gi-Nattak' - "I'd like to give a BIG shout out to Fein-Life for his massive contributions to the ROTDS world.."

Awee! Thank you!

Haha.

Wraith Blade - Absorbs MP and casts Death
Wraith Band - Berserk

Hmm..?
  Find

Status
None
Would it be possible in the next version to have adjustable difficulty? Say you wanted to start off on Easy and increase the difficulty at certain points?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(12-23-2020, 09:19 AM)forcestriker Wrote: Would it be possible in the next version to have adjustable difficulty? Say you wanted to start off on Easy and increase the difficulty at certain points?

I'll consider it! I've been informed by a certain Madsiur that it is indeed possible, as it is just a matter of changing an event bit associated with the difficulty selection. I thought once a difficulty was chosen, changing it to another would mess something up...but nope! I suppose there could be some form of NPC that allows to change the difficulty... I've always personally not liked difficulty-changing once it's chosen, in any game, like when it's in the menu, but I understand my opinion on this would most likely fall in the minority.

Having an NPC do this, it'd have to be sometime after the moogle battle event of course. I'd probably opt to have it in the Classroom/Developers' House if anywhere. Having it as a menu option is unfortunately out of the question, has to be by event code.