Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-24-2020, 06:27 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Hack updated to version 2.4! Victory

- fixed the palette of the button/switch sprites during the heartless' ending scene to make them actually look like they should.
- fixed a miscoloring on the 'Grunt' monster sprite.
- fixed a minor bug of being able to control Cloud a bit too soon after the first opera scene, thus allowing him to move into the railing.
- fixed the chocobo stable man sprite from being a different sprite for a fraction of a second upon entering.
- put an exclamation mark after the generic 'Received "item' dialog box, and corrected other instances where the punctuation mark was put before the ending quotation mark.
- touched up some other various dialog.
- touched up the Esper Caves map outside palette, as well as the corresponding battle background.
- elaborated a bit more on Avalon's backstory when talking to Reaper.
- added the sunset coloring for the event that shows the floating continent rising above Sunfall City.
- added a save point to the inside of Mist Castle.
- added a dialog box in the beginning of the game that explains 'sprinting by holding the 'B' button'.
- added another treasure chest to Mt. Zephyr which involves a new path and NPC of sorts.
- added an additional reward for beating the RPS Kid npc 5 times in a row.
- added a few new interesting NPCs, such as a 'Quizmaster', an Insanity Pepper salesman, a fortune teller, and a bunch more custom shopkeepers. (credit to James White for the sprites)
- the group of NPCs in Skorne's Cave are now officially mercenaries that when prompted will offer to clear out all the monsters (random encounters), for a price.
- made it so the sky turns back to normal in the new esper town after defeating the Dark Crystal, instead of Shenron.
- the backroom in the Developers' House now requires a level of 60 or higher (all current party members) to enter, still only in the WoR. (credit to Madsiur for the level check code)
- touched up the event before fighting Raditz ever so slightly.
- gave the Sunfall City NPCs new dialog after the floating continent rises in the WoB. Also did this for some select NPCs in other towns.
- changed a town name... last time, promise! *crosses fingers*
- swapped two 'soundtrack b' songs out for different ones.
- added a couple more optional song swap patches into the 'extras folder'.
- the usual touching up of various songs.
- stats balancing for a few select bosses.
- used Imp Skimp patch by Leet Sketcher with fixing by SilentEnigma.
- upgraded to v1.1 of Description Disruption Fix (fixes a small bug).
- added 3 more alternate character sprite patches in the 'extras' folder: 'Cowgirl Tifa', 'Engineer Serin', and 'Buccaneer Otis'. (credit to James White for their respective sprites & portraits)

About to play my 20+ playthrough of this game lol.
I appreciate your latest updates!
I've played every update since 1.86!

I noticed during my insane run (while playing this newest update) that right before you have to fight radditz and get Ronin on your team, theres a new secret room above the save point. Theres a black lotus looking flower that asks you if you wanna cut it down. Well, I'm skeptical of cutting it down because they say its blooming beautiful flowers.. any hint or confirmation on this?

Also, can you put a busted ass reward for "completing 
x number of new game+" playthroughs? Literally anything would be cool! Like a weapon or relic that changes sprite and anyone can equip. Smile
  Find

Status
None
Gi Nattak,
I found that I have a bugged looking sprite when applying the "black hair ronin" patch. I don't know how to send pictures to show you. But, the blue colors are all broken up and scattered around his face in the menu screen.

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(11-28-2020, 04:46 PM)Fein-Life Wrote: About to play my 20+ playthrough of this game lol.
I appreciate your latest updates!
I've played every update since 1.86!

I noticed during my insane run (while playing this newest update) that right before you have to fight radditz and get Ronin on your team, theres a new secret room above the save point. Theres a black lotus looking flower that asks you if you wanna cut it down. Well, I'm skeptical of cutting it down because they say its blooming beautiful flowers.. any hint or confirmation on this?

Also, can you put a busted ass reward for "completing 
x number of new game+" playthroughs? Literally anything would be cool! Like a weapon or relic that changes sprite and anyone can equip. Smile

Glad to hear you're still at it! It's always nice to hear from return players, one fear I've had of doing so many updates over the years is that people will not come back to play it after like v1.0  Cover

Ah yes, that new plant... go ahead and cut the f***er down lol. Nothing special will happen if you don't, or rather no interesting alternative branch or reward. It was like, the very last thing I threw in for this update, SSJ Rick made that plant NPC a long time back and we wanted to back a mini-boss battle out of it there, but since I cannot sacrifice any monster spots anymore for it, this would need to wait until a hopeful monster expansion happens in the future, or else it would be boring to have it just be a generic plant random battle, which I would of done had I not completely run out of unused formations also lol... So for a few days I racked my brain trying to so at least SOMETHING with it, because everything else besides the battle part of it worked out nicely, so in the end I thought to just do what I did there, and maybe come back to it in the future. If anything at least it's a unique way to get that treasure chest it's blocking. Kappa! But yeah having a 'yes' or 'no' choice is certainly a bit dumb if there's no reason to chose no... luckily for me RPGs do this all the time. Laugh

I would love to add more rewards as well as alternate events and dialog etc. to New Game Plus in the future, it's on my list of things. No idea when it would possibly be implemented though, I'm once again burned out after this latest version.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Nattak\'d
(11-28-2020, 04:52 PM)Fein-Life Wrote: Gi Nattak,
I found that I have a bugged looking sprite when applying the "black hair ronin" patch. I don't know how to send pictures to show you. But, the blue colors are all broken up and scattered around his face in the menu screen.

Ah okay thanks I'll look into that. That patch became iffy after we expanded & relocated the portrait datas, but I thought I fixed it and checked to make sure Sad
Will report back.

EDIT: It seems to be working here okay as the 1st optional patch I applied to test it, did you add any other ones besides it firstly perhaps that deal with sprite changing? If it's not a case of that, I'd ask if you applied the correct one (header vs. no header) to the ROM.

Status
None
Thats what it was.. I applied patches incorrectly and now its good on ronin!

GI NATTAK! IM IN A PICKLE IN MY INSANE RUN!

I'm at the part in WOB where aurora freaks out and flies away for the first time. The objective is to go to Durandal and tunnel underground.. but he asks for some motor oil.

I didn't purchase that oil in (previously Port Kelna! Lol, I'm guessing this is the town you mentioned in your "Readme" that you promise to stop changing Laugh ) Kaldor Trade City..

I can't figure out a way to go there now.. PLEASE tell me there's a way back! I LITERALLY already grinded to level 99 already right before this objective  Pummel
(Which took a couple days...)

On another note, where the hell did my relic that prevents all random encounters go? I remember on the train BRIEFLY seeing Gilgamesh mention Jade Skull... unless I'm confusing what I saw him say.
You gotta understand my incompetence though.. I've played so many times i mash "A" at anything I've already seen in previous playthroughs ? 

On a side note.. is there a way to get notifications from this website when someone replies? I clicked the subscribe button below but got nothing when you replied
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Good news, you won't have to start over! If you didn't get the oil during Ronan's scenario, that just means you'll have to go all the way back to that town and get it - you need to go back through the cave, then over the mountain, take the raft again at the Crimson Blades' hideout, then it will drop you off next the the orphanage, go up/left and cross the bridge that will be rebuilt, and go to Kaldor Trade City and find the NPC to buy the oil from. Then take the ship back to Seascape Town and head back to the castle! It's a very tedious 'side quest', or rather slap on the wrist for not talking to all the NPCs Laugh

That Jade Skull Relic that prevents all monster encounters, Olbohn took it sadly, that's the joke is that he took off with arguably the most valuable Relic after the battle, which leaves the player feeling cheated and tilted lol. No sir, the only way to get the Jade Skull is a much more challenging and tedious method in the WoR.

About notifications, I'd bet there is, I should know...but I don't offhand. I'd imagine there's some setting in the user setting to receive notification by email on a new response, but I've never checked tbh.

Status
None
I couldn't find the raft in the hideout, but I'm gunna go looking again, again!
My Jade Skull is missing which is why I thought one of your damn NPCs jacked me!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
The raft should be in the same place, right after that tunnel south of where you first meet Astral. That makes me wonder though, how did the raft respawn there... I guess they built another one.

Status
None
Can you make the timer go over 99 hours? I really wanna see how much I put into this game lol
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
At one point I had applied Leviathan Mist's 255 hours timer patch, but it conflicted I think with Step Mine's code. I'm sure it's an easy one to relocate though, I just never did and then forgot all about it. I'll take a note here to figure it out or get someone to help me and try to have it in the next update.