Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Okay, thanks for the info, that all seems good. I'm not too sure offhand, I don't recall making any change in the event code or anything there between versions. I shall investigate though and report back!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey GI Nattak

is there any game breaking bugs in 2.0.4 that i should know about, since you were gonna release 2.0.5 soon
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
he's looking into it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Nattak\'d
King Lettuce UPDATE TIME!
And this time it's a very important update!:

v2.0.5

- fixed a terrible freeze right at the start of the WoR.
- fixed a foolish blunder where the Doll item characters (Reaper & Astral) were reversed/switched in battle and in the save menu.
- fixed an issue with a static envelope/letter sprite becoming another sprite for a second when getting Avalon back in the WoR.
- fixed a possible freeze right before fighting proto-babil +.
- fixed a bad jump in a track for Kashuon Castle (plays during the snow battle, soundtrack a).
- fixed a wrong song selection that plays if you return to the Crimson Blade hideout.
- fixed a mistake in Cloud of Darkness AI that cause her to target herself.
- corrected a wrong map palette for the spikes in the Phoenix Cave.
- reinstated character level averaging to all original instances.
- made Kefka stronger again for the vs. Aerith fight.
- lowered Zemus's HP a bit.
- made Avalanche spell miss if target has Float status.
- changed up Shiva's AI a bit in the Shiva & Ifrit fight.
- changed a zombie NPC palette in WoR Fraust.
- increased experience a bit for some WoR monsters on the overworld.
- edited various guest characters stats a bit.
- lowered the successful hit % of the Dark Force spell from 182% to 150%.

So, as you can see level averaging has been brought back for the characters, in all original instances and then some, so they will join at the same level as the current party at certain points in the game, most notably the WoR when you re-recruit them. So now the characters that were not used will not be pathetically weak when they rejoin. The reason I removed it in the first place, is because the random stat gains upon level up are not regarded upon level averaging, so the characters will miss out on those... and that sucks, but not as bad as having a low level character you need to spend a ton of time on leveling up in order to stand a chance -- a higher level is more important, and of course there are plenty of stat tabs to use and farm, so it's not a big deal. Overall it should really make life easier.

While I'm ashamed at the bugs I caused previously, I'm very confident in this 2.0.5 version. It might just be the last update for a long time! Kappa!

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Mac68 3000 (02-14-2020), madsiur (02-14-2020), Ocarina (02-15-2020), Robo Jesus (02-14-2020), SSJ Rick (02-20-2020)

Status
Nattak\'d
2.0.6 is out! And it is another important update indeed.

v2.0.6

- fixed a bug with a tree stump in Lemuria freezing the game upon searching it with no 'Incinerate!' rare item.
- fixed a bug with Fusoya unlearning a bunch of spells if the Aerith flashback event was not triggered before recruiting him.
- fixed a possible bug with Oboro not being recruited correctly after fighting him in the Coliseum.
- fixed a graphical bug with Oak turning into an old lady sprite on the airship.
- fixed a graphical bug with the weight npc on the Opera House balcony turning into an Antlion sprite.
- fixed a mistake of a shared treasure chest bit in one of the Tyrano Tower room.
- fixed a mistake of renaming the rare Slot spell Joker Doom to Ninja Scroll.
- fixed a few monster formations where a monster was off screen some for a pincer attack.
- fixed some off pixels in the 'black hair Ronan' extra patch.
- fixed an issue of sorts with a custom event command that grants + level(s) to characters possibly rolling them back to level 0, if the character was granted + levels that would exceed lvl 99. (thanks to Synchysi)
- reverted Bahamut's spell animation back to original to prevent lag and monster sprite pixels disappearing.
- swapped an item at Santa's Shop.
- increased the damage of Master Star thrown item, as well as the weaker stars just a tad.
- Shenron no longer restores his HP back to full every 30 seconds of the game timer.
- Havel now does 1/3 chance to counter with Death Sentence instead of 100%.
- buffed Melzalgald (optional boss in Tyrano Tower room)
- lowered Abyss Dragon's HP (rare encounter in Dread Cavern)
- edited the item description of the Soul Booster to be more accurate.
- made the MMX Storm Eagle/Flame Mammoth mashup song sound better.
- applied a new patch Description Disruption. (credit to silentenigma)
- added 'Unrigged Slots' patch to the extras folder. (credit to Master Zed for making it 100 years ago)
- added 'Master Ronan' patch (changes Ronan's sprite and portrait) in the extras folder. (credit to James White - more to come in the future!)

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • madsiur (02-20-2020), Ocarina (02-22-2020), Robo Jesus (02-20-2020), SSJ Rick (02-20-2020)

Status
Nattak\'d
Hello The time has finally come for version 2.1! Frog
And once again it is quite a mammoth update.

v2.1 changes:

- fixed a bug with Aurora starting +2 levels higher than she should at the start, if the extended intro was watched.
- fixed a somewhat obscure but potentially dangerous bug with a soldier NPC who guards the entrance to the Cave to the Sealed Gate (before you're supposed to be there) showing up and sticking to other maps and causing possible freezes after simply showing up to see him. (thanks to Cecil for discovering this)
- fixed a possible freeze upon entering a town in WoB after the Lemuria/Thamasa events.
- fixed Biggs and Wedge starting at level 1 instead of 3 for New Game +.
- fixed an AI issue with the WoR Warlock monster that caused him to do nothing at all until there was just one monster left on the field.
- fixed another monster formation that had a monster off screen for a pincer attack.
- fixed an issue with the formation of 3 terrapus monsters not being able to target the one in the back.
- fixed a level rollover bug at certain parts of the game if the character was at max level (99) and a custom +level event command was issued to them. (thanks to Synchysi for fixing it)
- fixed a potential issue where WoR Reaper would start out with 0 HP (dead) if he ended the Soul Eater battle as a Zombie.
- fixed a few monster formations' positioning so that spell graphics don't effect the monster sprite.
- fixed an issue where for certain characters where some regular items such as Holy Water for instance appeared to be equipable (yellow) when swapping their weapon or shield in battle.
- fixed Ronan's Charge/Tackle skill to correctly be 1/4 chance on a regular attack, turns out it was actually a considerably higher probability.
- fixed a branching mistake with the Heartless for Namingway.
- fixed a shared treasure chest bit that could make getting Cloud's Apocalypse sword impossible, and also one other far less important shared bit.
- fixed a typo with a chocobo stable price.
- fixed an issue with the Crimson Blades' hideout where sleeping at the INN could mess up the intended currently played song.
- fixed an issue with level averaging where it didn't take the random stat gain per level-up code into account. (credit to Madsiur)
- fixed the miscolored Reflect graphic issue finally thanks to a patch made by SilentEnigma: MPDigits-Decoupled. (credit to SilentEnigma)
- fixed a bug with the lightning in Rogue City where it would shut off after killing either the Big Daddy or the Master Tonberry, but not both.
- applied 'Stuck in a Pose fix' patch. (credit to SilentEnigma)
- applied 'Optional Continue' patch, which gives the player a choice to continue or not after game over. (credit to SilentEnigma)
- applied 'Soft Reset', which implements the familiar soft reset feature found in other FF releases. The player may command a soft reset by pressing Start+Select+L+R on the field and during battle. (credit to SilentEnigma)
- applied 'Docile NPCs' patch which makes NPCs not get in your way as much while walking around. (credit to SilentEnigma)
- returned level averaging to Arc in the WoR because I forgot to do that.
- removed the lightning effect from Rogue City's inside maps/buildings.
- removed the 'Dead in the Air' patch by Leet Sketcher, because the older version of the code that has been implemented all this time has a bug where poisoned characters who jump and die midair, would never come back down... and the latest working version of the patch conflicts too much with rotds code.
- removed the world blowing up scene upon dying in the WoB and swapped that song for another.
- removed a bit of the silly parodying dialog during the banquet scene.
- removed the 2x damage multiplier for the Jump skill if the user has a spear equipped.
- replaced the Frenzy Band Relic with the Moon Pearl Relic, which makes the Jump skill do 50% more damage.
- implemented a hack to the sound engine that should resolve some possible rare song glitches with a few select songs. (thanks to emberling)
- returned the 'can't be dodged' flag onto Jump, will still miss if the target is vanished.
- returned the chance for 2-4 successive Jump hits instead of 2-3.
- tweaked the Sasquatch AI script.
- touched up a couple event/scenes.
- put random battles in the room right before the minecart escape event.
- implemented a function while in battle for Oboro to swap his Throw command for Steal at any time by holding the 'X button' when he is selected, instead of pressing it to switch characters. if you hold X, his Throw command will become Steal, and visa-versa. This also works for the temporary guest characters who have these skills. (credit to Lufia)
- the Thief Gloves no longer swap the Magic and Steal commands in battle in lieu of Lufia's swap command function.
- made the Thief Gloves available to all characters that are able to use the Thief Knife.
- removed the 'Tank Shield' and put in 'Call Beads' Relic for Eiko, which changes her 'Summon' Skill to 'Call', which summons a random esper, except for Odin and Doomtrain, just like the vanilla Magicite item except it's infinent and costs no MP. (credit to C-Dude and PowerPanda for the code & idea, based on code by Assassin and M06)
- made Otis's Cannon Skill initiate somewhat faster.
- made the talking chocobo event branch in the Auction House happen just one time.
- made WoB Zombie weak to Fire once again.
- balanced some other select monsters & bosses.
- changed the Lava Demon NPC sprite in the burning house back to a simple flame NPC, because the other one was meant for the old pre-2.0 Lava Demon.
- changed a bunch of location names yet again, such as the Mechacore name back to Magitek Reasearch Facility, just because Mechacore quite simply doesn't make sense as a name (thanks to SSJ Rick for suggesting to do this, and helping coming up with some of the new names.)
- changed the Black Waltz summon to be 'BlackWaltzes'. I hate cramming two separate names together like this, but there's nothing I can do as there's a 12 character limit.
- lowered price of Holy Water by 100.
- lowered price of Atomic Ball by 2000.
- lowered the price of chocobo stables.
- buffed Neko stats and equipment.
- nerfed Moggie's stats a bit, but also gave her the new 'Call' skill.
- nerfed Bahamut's (summon) damage.
- nerfed Osmose MP absorb %.
- lowered the damage of Delta Hit by 10%.
- gave Pepe a couple more lines of dialog for different parts of the WoB.
- added water scrolls to Lemuria item shop.
- added a dialog choice to battle JCE3000GT.
- added a different option to heal up at the WoB Coloseum INN.
- added a save point right before Drakkazul optional boss.
- added a secondary animation of sorts to Guillotine Flash to make up for removing the flashes that were removed.
- created a new Tuturis sprite. (credit to James White)
- changed the Captain for the Disciple (Fire Boss) from Jade Cacoon, to match up better with the Tuturis (also Jade Cacoon). (NPC and monster sprite made by James White)
- changed up a few monster sprites, a couple due to censoring purposes, also touched up some other monster sprites (credit to James White)
- drew back in many of the monsters' sprite shadows into their sprite, which were previously removed for space purposes.
- touched up Arc's portrait.
- touched up a couple songs.
- touched up and changed some dialog. (credit to SSJ Rick for any dialog edits he did that made it in.)
- swapped out the 'soundtrack b' Durandal Castle song for a better one.

- added a Random Battle Theme patch into the extras folder, for regular battles patch that changes most all regular battle theme instances to 8 possible random battle theme choices. (credit to Madsiur)

- added a whole bunch of alternate sprite patches for mainly the main cast, which will eventually be turned into a costume changing-type thing ala T-Edition, along with a bunch more costumes for each character. there is also a 'side b gfx' patch in the main root folder that will patch all of them together at once. Included with this update are: 'Sorceress Aurora', 'Crisis Core Cloud', 'Havoc Knight Avalon', 'Hitman Oboro', 'Royal Serin', 'Master Monk Ronan', 'Younger Fusoya', 'Summoner Eiko', Dragoon Otis' (already was present), 'Dancer Mog & all corresponding moogles', 'Pumpkin Knight Arc', 'Lich-form Reaper', 'Archbishop Astral', 'Terminator Leo', 'Invisible Heartless', & 'Piggy Status' (credit to James White for them all and their portraits!)

[Image: alt_costumes.png] 

- also included in the 'extras folder' inside the 'character info & art' folder, is a whole bunch of NPC portraits for most of the NPCs and some unique characters that appear throughout the hack that will eventually/hopefully make their way into our planned strategy guide/info & art book. but for now they are there because they are fun to look at...and in case the book never happens.

- also included in the 'info' folder is LunaticScreamer's Strategy Guide that he made for his video playthrough, which will hopefully make it into a legit strategy guide/info & art book as well that was planned, but for now since he did such an incredible job with it and I'm sure others would find it most useful, I figured it should be included.

Shine

As always I wanna shout out and thank the people directly involved with this update: SSJ Rick, James White, Madsiur, as well as SilentEnigma, emberling, and Synchysi for their patches and/or help with v2.1 stuff also. Thanks all! Pray

I hope I didn't forget or brake anything! *fingers crossed* And I hope the latest changes go over positively. Enjoy!

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • C-Dude (06-13-2020), Lockirby2 (06-14-2020), madsiur (06-14-2020), Robo Jesus (07-04-2020), SSJ Rick (06-16-2020)

Status
None
damn fool I tell you about the mechacore and you don't even thank me for it? LMFAO jk

I think you forgot to mention the change of town/location names as well as misc dialog tweaks

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Nattak\'d
Well I did thank you at the end but not specifically for the new town names, but I'll do that now if it's your wish. I mean you and I coming up with new town names I didn't think needed specific 'credit' for, and at the very end I changed some more... I did mention touching up some dialog and the town names though so it didn't go forgotten, but really I didn't go with any of the changes you sent me yet this time around (like the esper flashback scene) unless I'm forgetting something, but I shall credit nonetheless because I know how important it is for even the seemingly simplest trivial stuff lol.

Status
None
lolz naw man I was just messing with you, but it wasn't really about the credit it was moreso for the changelog

it's something that was changed, so it would make more sense that people know what the new names are know what I mean?

-HNIC

Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah I gotchu. I might have not elaborated on them as much as the Mechacore, but I did say "changed a bunch of location names yet again", but I understand if it went missed due to the wall-of-text changelog XD.