Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
You never thought of having a separate download for the main patches / readme / changelog only? 24 MB is kinda big for people with a slow connection (dial-up still exists) wanting only the patch. I guess they could get it from RHDN. At worst you could post that link.

Edit: It's no big deal and it's your hack but have you thought about subsequent bugfix releases (1.6.1 and so on)?
  Find

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey staff

is there anyway you guys could add in zidane and sephiorth as playable party members on this mod 1 day please

thanks
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-25-2016, 08:02 PM)Mac68 3000 Wrote: is there anyway you guys could add in zidane and sephiorth as playable party members on this mod 1 day please

There is no plan to add new characters. In fact, Gi Nattak would like to stay away from crossover characters. Ideally, RotDS would have a full cast of original characters coming from no other game than this one.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Got 1.6.1 out today which fixes some stuff from the large 1.6 update:
v1.6.1

- fixed an issue with different difficulties status menus reading incorrectly (credit & thanks to Madsiur)
- fixed an issue with the Esper Restriction patch that I caused putting up garbage text and exiting out of skill menues.
- fixed an issue with a couple glitchy monster attack animations.
- re-removed Oboro's equipment at the end of the fire house events in case he has an esper equipped.
- possibly fixed up some weird spell learned % issues by removing a few treasures that were exceeding their RAM range into an area that might be used now for spell learning, or something...but I'm not sure yet.
- nerfed some boss speeds down a bit for the nATB patch.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
- re-removed Oboro's equipment at the end of the fire house events in case he has an esper equipped.

It was so fun playing with Leviathan banned from that time in the game :')

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 17
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey mikee

there is a bug in the first cave at the start of the game before you battle firewaver, that the soundeffects only comes out of the left ear and not both ears at the same time
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
No, it's not a bug... that should be a combination of stereo sound settings and using headphones: some sound comes out from left and some others comes 
from right...
You should be able to notice this thing even when a pincer/side attack happens.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
This is very interesting though, I never knew/played with headphones. I'm surprised some sounds are panned to the left or right.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Appearently that's a good help to Lockirby2's blindfolded runs

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
So, I downloaded this and have tried it out, and found that some of the extra mod additions included in the zip file will break the game. Specifically the Esper Restrictions one.

I am having no other issues with the 'item name changes' tweak that was included (have not yet tested out ALL the other various ips files that were included yet), but anytime I add the Esper Restrictions for various characters to the gamefile, the game refuses to do the opening scenes, and if I add the Esper Restrictions file before then adding the main RotDS ips file, while the game will then (finally) start, it will softlock and freeze any time I try to open the skills menu.

So yeah, there is an issue with the Esper Restrictions ips file that was included in the download here.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Robo Jesus for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (03-15-2018)