Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
*sigh*....

Well fellas....

You know how they say "It was a good run"?
Well......IT WASNT....

The "DEATHLESS RUN" finally ran out of steam and stopped in its tracks at the Thamasa Burning Mansion segment...

The "fireballs" in the house weren't the problem. Not by a long shot. Legato (Umaro posing as Locke) was cleaning house with casual Surge attacks (it was one of his commands). He was solidly backed up by Yua (Strago posing as Terra), who wielded a Break Blade with a Black Belt; there were many physical attacks in this house to take advantage of. Since Strago was playing Terra's position, BANON was generous enough to retire his tenure as the Returner Leader to Edgar and fill in the role for Vanilla's Strago Magus. His skills?

- He Equipped Cards
-He Jumped

For some odd reason, he would deal inhuman amounts of damage with these cards on a Jump attack, despite the cards admittedly being weaker than the Break Blade. I don't understand why the damage output was as high as it was (Jump only gives a ×2 damage modifier on Lance's, no?), but never the less - it was a welcome addition; he was one-shotting enemies.

Anyway, we approach the boss (FlameEater) with utmost confidence that this was another easy win in the bag......Boy....Were WE in for a ride awakening...

FlameEater started out as a gentleman as he stayed true to his Vanilla Script as all Beyond Chaos Bosses tend to do. Bomblet, Fire, and even the occasional Fire 2 made their appearances. He didn't truly become a problem until he started ricocheting FLARE spells off of his Reflective Barrier onto random characters for acceptable damage.

Not Unlike Dadaluma, the main problem was with his minions, the "bombs". Physical attacks weren't bad, but the RNG of the seed granted them a physical special in "Last" which not only did damage, but set the Condemned status. In an regular encounter, Condemned was never a problem, as the battle was usually finished before the timer expired. In a boss battle with an individual over 9000 HP, this status actually became a genuine burden. Despite the timer ticking away, my characters never got to see Condemned run its course, thanks to the TRUE horror of these Bomb's shuffled AI script.....

....It turns out, the Bombs were able to call upon an attack referred to as "Whump". This attack is not seen often in the Vanilla game, as its home is a slot in just ONE of Mogs Dance environments. Whump is serious business; it was one-hit-KOing my characters with a ballpark number of ~900 HP worth of damage a shot. With only 3 Characters to use and FOUR Bombs spawned per a Bomblet action, you guys can already gather what happened...

So there you have it. My "perma-death" run ends at the Thamasa Flaming Mansion. Only sliver of light here is that, this is a new personal record for me.

That said, THE HUNT CONTINUES MEN!!

Current Seed: "PANDA BLITZ"
As always, you guys are more than welcome to peek in and see how progress is going if you wish.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Yeah, as i mentioned during a stream, it's important to prepare terra and locke for the thamasa part, because it's probably the most risky area in WoB.
to deal with doom status, it's better to kill intentionally an ally or two, in order to avoid that all the 3 countdowns expire more or less in the same moment.
to dodge Whump you need float status by the way.
PS. testing breakables and have a stock of them can save the day(especially rods, if one of the 3 at least has item command)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-31-2016)

Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Dispel may also be a notable spell, especially if you have Wall Rings(some should be purchased for the Magitek Facility anyways). If he only uses Flare when he has Reflect, it can be countered pretty easily. I'm also going to take a look at those cards; see if I can shed some light on the situation.

Ahh, Quik, I just saw the end of that seed that died outside Albrook. I would say that the Behemoth Suit is tied for 3rd best armor in the game with the Genji Armor, only behind the Minerva and the Snow Muffler. It definitely would have been better than the Magicite. David was looking out for you there...

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-31-2016)

Status
None
Good day, chaps!

Randomizer question of the day:

What happens when a Rage User, uses a rage that has a Status Inflicting Special (e.g. Stop/Sleep), but is also welding a weapon which prompts a random spell/Esper cast (e.g. Fire 3/Siren)?

Which results ensue:

A).
   - Special is executed (does damage, sets ailment)
   - Prompts Spell/Esper for additional damage/ailment
Example above: (Special Sets Stop ---> Siren is summoned and sets Mute Status alongside it)

B).
   - Special is casted (deals damage, sets ailment)
   - Spell/Esper is not Prompted

C).
     - Special is executed, but the status ailment is only set when the Esper/Spell is NOT Prompted. On Special Strikes where the Esper/Spell IS Prompted, the status ailment of the special in question is completely ignored/negated.

I'm sure one of you Walking FF6 gods have the answer to this debauchery.
;[
  Find

Status
Atma
Oh, really? then i guess the special status inflict effect must be a secondary chained routine that must happen right after the damage,
but this won't happen if procs procedure kicks in, since it has an higher priority, and after that the status routine missed its timing.  Finger

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
(01-03-2017, 05:56 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Oh, really? then i guess the special status inflict effect must be a secondary chained routine that must happen right after the damage,
but this won't happen if procs procedure kicks in, since it has an higher priority, and after that the status routine missed its timing.  Finger

So you're implying that "C" is the results?
  Find

Status
Atma
No, wait... i thought you saw C) happening with your eyes since it was of huge size  Laugh
Then i think the answer is:
D).
  - A)

Find

Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
The advantage of having many seeds is that there's a lot of potential for testing things like this.

I tested with a Poison Rod and a confuse inflicting special. If both procs happen, both statuses will be inflicted. Even if the enemy is immune to the special, and thus, the special misses, the weapon still has a chance to proc, in this case, Poison.

Stranger things happen with the Tempest. I remember having a Zombie inflicting special, which would hit everything on the field if Wind Slash was cast. Super useful for taking out entire waves of enemies.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-05-2017)

Status
Atma
wow, so windslash stretches special effect to AoE? didn't knew it

Find

Status
None
(01-04-2017, 11:00 AM)Cecil188 Wrote: The advantage of having many seeds is that there's a lot of potential for testing things like this.

I tested with a Poison Rod and a confuse inflicting special. If both procs happen, both statuses will be inflicted. Even if the enemy is immune to the special, and thus, the special misses, the weapon still has a chance to proc, in this case, Poison.

Stranger things happen with the Tempest. I remember having a Zombie inflicting special, which would hit everything on the field if Wind Slash was cast. Super useful for taking out entire waves of enemies.

Wow, that's actually extremely useful.
Just watch out for those "OMNI-Counters"; those waves of enemies which aren't content that they've been done in by such a trick, and decide to cast Flare, Aero, or anything of the like with their final gasp of oxygen.

Many of those have ended my runs.
Sad
  Find