Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
REQUEST: Metroidquest's World of Ruin Song Patch

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
NOTE: Moderators/Staff Members, if this is the wrong forum that I post, please move this thread Thank you.

The first I play his game hack(FF6:The Eternal Crystal)the song of the World of Ruin theme are change and everytime I heard this its very nice.By the way the reason I post here it is because I would like to request the patch from metroidquest's world of ruin theme song.So if anyone who have this music patch please(3x) but if you/your don't have its OK.....
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
You could just look up the ROM for the binary data of the song and instruments. Just look for the song it replaces.
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I follow the instruction carefully on how to replace the song and instruments many many many many times I'm not kidding.......but still it always failed I'm not good in music hacks Sad.

If anyone who make this song patch I appreciate.... Merry Christmas everyone.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I personally won't take the song from his hack and make a ips patch, but I can try to help you do it since you seem to be having problems with that.

This is the address of the song in question:
C9AC51 C9AE9E SPC No 3.05 - Dark World (4F)
or...
C9AE51 C9B09E, if it's headered.

If you open up the hack in a hex editor and go to C9AE51 you will see the song data there, it should look all modified compared to the original song data of Dark World. Compare with a clean ROM if need be to make sure. Now you want to dump that data, from C9AE51 to C9B09E (depending on the header this may change to C9AE51 to C9B09E. Dump that and inject it to the same place (Dark World) in your ROM. That's it for the song data. For the instruments you should use JCE's SPC editor in the tool section to make it easier. Again, use the Eternal Crystals hack as a reference and look at Dark World's instruments, and copy them to your ROM. Mission accomplished.

If you cannot get it still or need further assistance, please explain in detail what problems you are having.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.